Christmas

Kharku

Celebrating Chritmas  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Celebrate It

• YES
    • NO
    • I don't celebrate it but respect it.

lol my family has a xmas tree, we get presents and even have the xmas meal. (me being veggie so i dont have a turkey)

we go to the gurdwra too on xmas day. we dont celebrate it for jesus christ. Its just a nice thing to do with family i suppose.

Same!

woah msn, and now this...are you my twin? <_<

as sikhs we recognize the spirit of shukrana...we recognize the spirit of spiritual brotherhood of ALL people...guru nanak didn't want us to separate from everyone else....he didn't create another religion so there could be further division among humanity...so that there could be unity among humanity

now whatever our differences in practice and in worship are with christians...Jesus Christ was a great saint...who preached love for all...he helped the poor and brought smiles to people.... some of the christians i know engage in soo much seva for humanity and don't even talk about "oh i'm christian" unless you ask them...

At this time of the year, people step back from the world they live in..and try to reflect on the teachings of christ, they reflect on the values of love and family and giving...none of these three values are contradictory..we as sikhs should support it and celebrate (in our own way) this spirit ...

guru sahib never said not to celebrate something that promotes love and respect for humanity...that's what christmas is supposed to do..

guru sahib didn't want us to celebrate useless dead rituals...we should use the bibek budhi that we ask for in ardas everyday and decipher what is dead ritual and what is a celebration of divine spirit...

Look, we celebrate Guru sahib coming down as an avtar to this world on Gurpurab. Lets get together and celebrate Jesus coming down as well as an avtar, look at how many people he made mukt or how many people he saved, got them doing seva, away from bad things.. Celebrate..

I personally think Winter is the most beautiful season of the year with snow on trees, and all you see is white, white, white everywhere. It just reminds u of how beautiful maharaj made this place. And its just about for most, like the person above sed, celebrating the new year and year end. Its our culture, doesn't have to be religion. Seeing as how we live in Canada, US.. and other places of the such, we kinda live in a society like that, its na like we worshippn Jesus or sumtin...

My family just likes to do Secret Santa (hey you gotta admit its fun!) and give each other gifts, have a day to get together and do kirtan, paath, everyone sit around the fireplace and cuddle together and sing bani whilst looking out the windows and seeing our backyard full of snow. Its amazing..

Look, we celebrate Guru sahib coming down as an avtar to this world on Gurpurab. Lets get together and celebrate Jesus coming down as well as an avtar, look at how many people he made mukt or how many people he saved, got them doing seva, away from bad things.. Celebrate..

I hope you were kidding.

Why didnt our guru ji speak of Jesus? At church they pass around wine and all drink from it. Would guru ji want us to all drink wine, let alone from the same cup? Christians believe "if somebody slaps you, just turn the other cheek" is that the same thinking of guru maharaj. Heck he gave us a sward man!! Yea jesus made people mukt, but differnt kind of mukht. Christianity and Sikhi are different. Sikhi is totally different religon.

Yea you say Jesus was a good guy, which he was indeed, and that we should celebrate him, but why dont Christians say the same for guru ji? If you want to celebrate, oh man there are plenty of people in sikhi you can celebrate all year long. There are so many things to practise in sikhi, and Christmas is not one of them.