Every Gurdwara All Over The World Should Install Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale's Picture

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Its a great idea as it will send a clear message that the entire Khalsa or Sarbat Khalsa stand together on this issue, it would be even greater if Gurdwara Sahibs installed pictures of shaheeds aswell. Its amazing how even just a picture of a Sant Ji can achieve, really powerful stuff. God honours those who worship him.

Gurfateh Ji

You are uneducated and don't have a understanding of Sikhi

Sikh_Youth_UK , you think you truly represent todays youth by making such remarks to your brother??

Before u judge and condemn the actions of others take a look inside your own soul and if u had to stand in front of DHAN DHAN GURU GOBIND SINGH JEE HIMSELF, would ur life and actions represent a true singh of the khalsa?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having sant jees pic is an excellent idea, maybe in the future all gurdvara sahib will start to put up pics of puuran gursikhs and shaheed singhs, when children visit the gurdvara they will ask there parents who is that. . . and at least the parents will tell them he is the greatest sikh of the 20th century. ..parchaar of gurmat can be done

Ek Onkar Satnam

Its a great idea as it will send a clear message that the entire Khalsa or Sarbat Khalsa stand together on this issue, it would be even greater if Gurdwara Sahibs installed pictures of shaheeds aswell. Its amazing how even just a picture of a Sant Ji can achieve, really powerful stuff. God honours those who worship him.

Gurfateh Ji

You are uneducated and don't have a understanding of Sikhi

Sikh_Youth_UK , you think you truly represent todays youth by making such remarks to your brother??

Before u judge and condemn the actions of others take a look inside your own soul and if u had to stand in front of DHAN DHAN GURU GOBIND SINGH JEE HIMSELF, would ur life and actions represent a true singh of the khalsa?

No I wouldn’t represent.

But at least I can say I followed his philosophy regarding idols, which is what pictures are.

No I wouldn't represent.

But at least I can say I followed his philosophy regarding idols, which is what pictures are.

You say u follow Guru Gobind Singh Jee philosophies do u?

DID GURU JEE CONDEMN IDOL WORSHIIP??????

no he didnt he just highlighted that there is no laha in it.............to be a good hindu do ur idol worshipping if u want but God does not reside in pictures and clay statues.........always remember that Waheguru made devi/devteh the same way waheguru sent Sant Jee into kaljug to fight the sikhi cause...................It is waheguru who does and controls everythngi and as long as we remember this........it makes no difference whether you put one picture up or a thousand....................

having sant jees pic is an excellent idea, maybe in the future all gurdvara sahib will start to put up pics of puuran gursikhs and shaheed singhs, when children visit the gurdvara they will ask there parents who is that. . . and at least the parents will tell them he is the greatest sikh of the 20th century. ..parchaar of gurmat can be done

Why do you think children will ask their parents and “who that man in the picture”

It would be better if they as asked the parents “what is in the SGGS that we bow too” do you think any kids ask their parents that??

…If they don’t then querying the profile of picture is a waste of time.

Ek Onkar Satnam

The pictures are not idols and defo not idol worshipping, it is just an aid used to remember events in our history, even though SGGS does state

hir ky sMq imlhu mnu dyvw jo gurbwxI muiK caudw jIau ]2]

har kae sa(n)th milahu man dhaevaa jo gurabaanee mukh choudhaa jeeo ||2||

I dedicate my mind to those Saints of the Lord, who chant the Word of the Guru's Bani with their mouths. ||2||

it is not a bad thing to remember great saints and what they stood for. We remember our shaheeds in our ardas, to remember great gursikhs and saints using pictures isnt wrong. I do agree that SGGS ji should be the center of all our attention, but remember Waheguru Ji is everywhere, all the time and in many different forms!!!!

Gurfateh Ji

Sant Jee clearly states in his speeches. . he said once, he does not beleive in having pictures of anyone . . .furthermore then states howevever if someone really wants a picture then they should put up pictures of our shaheeds, mentions baba deep singh bhai mani singh bhai taru singh. . . now if having a pciture of sant jee is bad then i dont know what is good. . .sikh youth uk. . i dont think you follow anything that sant jee said, your posts on several matters are soo badly incorrect.

Sant Jee clearly states in his speeches. . he said once, he does not beleive in having pictures of anyone . . .furthermore then states howevever if someone really wants a picture then they should put up pictures of our shaheeds, mentions baba deep singh bhai mani singh bhai taru singh. . . now if having a pciture of sant jee is bad then i dont know what is good. . .sikh youth uk. . i dont think you follow anything that sant jee said, your posts on several matters are soo badly incorrect.

Using quotes from Gurbani or applying Gurbani please prove my statements wrong.

Is this that big a deal and that much of a threat to some of us?

People worry about idol worship but if simply just bow to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Mahraj (NOT "SGGS") without implementing any gursikhi jeevan, without bothering to learn the akhars of gurmukhi, without forming any relationship with Gurbani, than we are no different from idol worshipers.

A couple of pictures of gursikhs in the Gurdwara won't bring the panth down.

bRhm igAwnI kw drsu bfBwgI pweIAY ]

breham giaanee kaa dharas baddabhaagee paaeeai ||

The Darshan, the Blessed Vision of the God-conscious being, is obtained by great good fortune.

bRhm igAwnI kau bil bil jweIAY ]

breham giaanee ko bal bal jaaeeai ||

To the God-conscious being, I make my life a sacrifice.

bRhm igAwnI kau Kojih mhysur ]

breham giaanee ko khojehi mehaesur ||

The God-conscious being is sought by the great god Shiva.

nwnk bRhm igAwnI Awip prmysur ]6]

naanak breham giaanee aap paramaesur ||6||

O Nanak, the God-conscious being is Himself the Supreme Lord God. ||6||

bRhm igAwnI kI kImiq nwih ]

breham giaanee kee keemath naahi ||

The God-conscious being cannot be appraised.

bRhm igAwnI kY sgl mn mwih ]

breham giaanee kai sagal man maahi ||

The God-conscious being has all within his mind.

bRhm igAwnI kw kaun jwnY Bydu ]

breham giaanee kaa koun jaanai bhaedh ||

Who can know the mystery of the God-conscious being?

bRhm igAwnI kau sdw Adysu ]

breham giaanee ko sadhaa adhaes ||

Forever bow to the God-conscious being.

bRhm igAwnI kw kiQAw n jwie ADwK´ru ]

breham giaanee kaa kathhiaa n jaae adhhaakhyar ||

The God-conscious being cannot be described in words.

bRhm igAwnI srb kw Twkuru ]

breham giaanee sarab kaa t(h)aakur ||

The God-conscious being is the Lord and Master of all.

bRhm igAwnI kI imiq kaunu bKwnY ]

breham giaanee kee mith koun bakhaanai ||

Who can describe the limits of the God-conscious being?

bRhm igAwnI kI giq bRhm igAwnI jwnY ]

breham giaanee kee gath breham giaanee jaanai ||

Only the God-conscious being can know the state of the God-conscious being.

bRhm igAwnI kw AMqu n pwru ]

breham giaanee kaa a(n)th n paar ||

The God-conscious being has no end or limitation.

nwnk bRhm igAwnI kau sdw nmskwru ]7]

naanak breham giaanee ko sadhaa namasakaar ||7||

O Nanak, to the God-conscious being, bow forever in reverence. ||7||

bRhm igAwnI sB isRsit kw krqw ]

breham giaanee sabh srisatt kaa karathaa ||

The God-conscious being is the Creator of all the world.

bRhm igAwnI sd jIvY nhI mrqw ]

breham giaanee sadh jeevai nehee marathaa ||

The God-conscious being lives forever, and does not die.

bRhm igAwnI mukiq jugiq jIA kw dwqw ]

breham giaanee mukath jugath jeea kaa dhaathaa ||

The God-conscious being is the Giver of the way of liberation of the soul.

bRhm igAwnI pUrn purKu ibDwqw ]

breham giaanee pooran purakh bidhhaathaa ||

The God-conscious being is the Perfect Supreme Being, who orchestrates all.

bRhm igAwnI AnwQ kw nwQu ]

breham giaanee anaathh kaa naathh ||

The God-conscious being is the helper of the helpless.

bRhm igAwnI kw sB aUpir hwQu ]

breham giaanee kaa sabh oopar haathh ||

The God-conscious being extends his hand to all.

bRhm igAwnI kw sgl Akwru ]

breham giaanee kaa sagal akaar ||

The God-conscious being owns the entire creation.

Gurbani says to worship the Bramgiani bcos they are jeevan mukht, they with waheguru while living here on earth...................iz this idol worship?

if all u can see is idol worshipping when u see a picture of a great mahapurkh then ther is a problem with YOU and your wayof thinking not the picture and what it represents....................people take away different things when they see a picture, when a gursikh sees a picture of a mahapurkh, they down go throwing flowers or putting mahleh around it..........they contemplate on the jeevan of that mahpurkh and takes away their jeevens and how they lived.................THIS IS NOT IDOL WORSHIP and u are being very rigid in ur views if you percieve every person as being an idol worshipper who seeks inspiration from a picture........................the key word here is "INSPIRATION" and NOT IDOL WORSHIP..............................................