Destruction Of Sikhi By The Uk Youth

bhai sahib ji

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

I am very surprised that so far no-one has replied to this post to explain the rationale behind what was highlighted.

If you mean the problems you highlighted in the first post, perhaps it's because there is no rationale behind those actions. Maybe it's human weakness, society's influence, lack of sincere and accessible role models? It is probably due to a variety of reasons.

To me though it does begin to appear that perhaps the youth are aware that their actions are inappropriate and such as long as they do not enter into a debate about them they can continue to conduct them. Whilst convincing their mind that they are not doing anything wrong since they are doing all these other good things which makes them much better!!!!

That's probably true. Theoretically shock treatment might be a good way to make the youth wake up. Gurbani tells us over and over again that we can hide nothing in Guru Saheb's court. From personal experience, being shamed in front of others is a very effective deterrant. I'm not sure how to put this into practice or even if this is a good idea! Perhaps the solution is a mixture of 'grassroots' activity as well as wide scale campaigning (excuse the election-ish terminology).

It is a shame that we are in this position and with so many people turning a blind eye to the activities and so many engaging in them I am very unclear as to what the future holds for Sikhi in the UK.

For many people it is probably easier to turn a blind eye because facing up to the truth means admitting they made mistakes e.g. parents feel guilty for not bringing their children up correctly, and the whole situation is pretty depressing in general. It's likely that people just want to live in peace without causing a ruckus. I doubt many will truly think further than that.

Just some thoughts - please correct my mistakes.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very surprised that so far no-one has replied to this post to explain the rationale behind what was highlighted. I appreciate that WARRIOR came along to confuse us all and has now run away.... perhaps it was not in his Karam to answer the questions posed fully!!!!

To me though it does begin to appear that perhaps the youth are aware that their actions are inappropriate and such as long as they do not enter into a debate about them they can continue to conduct them. Whilst convincing their mind that they are not doing anything wrong since they are doing all these other good things which makes them much better!!!!

It is a shame that we are in this position and with so many people turning a blind eye to the activities and so many engaging in them I am very unclear as to what the future holds for Sikhi in the UK.

You continue to prod my ego, for this instant I will bite. If you had any understanding you would realise the confused state is the best one to reside in, the comfortable sleeping mind lives life unconsciously.

You don’t understand how Karma works nor does a person need to have a “turbo charged Jeevan” to understand it. This is not BrumGyani or Sant stuff, it’s all within perfect grasp, but it requires a certain mentality.

Sikhi is a path of devotion via emotion, Guru ji takes care of the Salvation side what he simply ask for is unconditional and true devotion. A Conscious person continuously judges themselves, questions themselves and is continuously disappointed with only ones own self.

The five elements are simply a loan that has to be given back, interest free, however your karma some added some deleted is all you have really and is all you are. What others do is their business worry about your own life.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

'I have declared that if there is someone who drinks while wearing a kirpaan, and you catch him drunk, the punishment I have announced is that you should get him examined by a doctor (to make sure he has been drinking) and then pour kerosene over him and burn him alive. I shall fight your court case. This is regardless of the party affiliation of the person in such a garb doing such a thing. My appeal to all is that no one should drink but this does not apply to the others, it is only for those with the kirpaan. ... If any raagi, sant, mahatma, granthi even if he is from Bhindranwale (group), who wears a kirpaan and drinks, wherever you find him, blacken his face, put a garland of old shoes around his neck, put him on a donkey and parade him throughout the village or the district.'

Sri Maan Sant Gyani Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale 1983

Just to highlight how things have changed in the last 20+ years.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

My appeal to all is that no one should

drink but this does not apply to the others, it is only for those with the kirpaan

Thank you for the post Akaal Purakh Di Fauj, it does reflect the point that those you have taken amrit have a responsibility, which is being forgotten.

WARRIOR thankyou for your post but again you do not provide any substance.

If you had any understanding you would realise the confused state is the best one to reside in

What is the confused state?

You don’t understand how Karma works

Again i ask you to explain how it works, your lack of responding to this request does seem to suggest that you do not have a grasp of what you utilise to support individuals doing as they please.

Sikhi is a path of devotion via emotion, Guru ji takes care of the Salvation side what he simply ask for is unconditional and true devotion.

Yes Guru Ji asks for devotion but He also asks that you follow what he states and as I have alluded to earlier this does not include:

• Dancing
  • Cutting Roam
  • Having a b/f or g/f

You suggested numerous times that I have misused Bani but at no point have you provided any shabad to support your statement.

As I have said from the outset, if the youth wish to follow thier free will, fine but do not take amrit or take their kirpan off if they have already taken amrit. Since as Guru Ji Says:

aapanai bhaanai jo chalai bhaaee vishhurr chottaa khaavai ||

One who walks according to his own will, O Siblings of Destiny, suffers separation from the Lord, and shall be punished.

bhaanai chalai aapanai bahuthee lehai sajaae ||

One who walks according to his own will, suffers terrible punishment

guroo jinaa kaa a(n)dhhulaa sikh bhee a(n)dhhae karam karaen ||

The disciples whose teacher is blind, act blindly as well.

oue bhaanai chalan aapanai nith jhoot(h)o jhoot(h) bolaen ||

They walk according to their own wills, and continually speak falsehood and lies.

aapanai bhaanai kahu kin sukh paaeiaa a(n)dhhaa a(n)dhh kamaaee ||

Tell me, who has ever found peace by following his own will? The blind act in blindness.

aapanai bhaanai kinai n paaeiou jan vaekhahu man patheeaae ||

No one finds the Lord by his own will; see this, and satisfy your mind.

aapanae bhaanae vich sadhaa rakh suaamee har naamo dhaehi vaddiaaee ||

Please keep me forever under Your Will, O my Lord and Master; please bless me with the Glorious Greatness of Your Name.

B.S

You obviously know the answers to all your questions, a bit funny really because you don’t really know much except being a bit dandy with the old cut and paste. You seem to think because cutting and pasting Bani gives your arguments substance, er..ok. and more worryingly support the burning people with kerosene as justified actions. It may be a oversight but it also constitutes murder. A bit sad really because a lot of people here would also support such a mentality. At times I think if this is the way its all going would any sane person want any part of it , convincingly I am telling myself “no”.

If this is the way Sikhi is going I will have no part of it.

I appricate that the renowned scholar Nidaar Singh Nihang has stated on his website that kesh are only referred to as the hair on your head i.e. above your eyebrows the rest is raum and as such it is not a kuraet to remove them.

link plz if their is one ....

Another akaali nhiang is so full of kaam that he spends most of his time on MSN and travelling around flirting with girls.

first of all its nihang not nhaing may be in excitement of doing nindeya u typed in wrong anyways ... scan the whole world and find out how many akali nihungs have access to msn chat not even 10 ...

and yeah nihungs are wasting time on msn atleast they are not caught on hidden cameras like one guy belonging to a kirteni jatha ( though i will not name it ) in ludhiana who use to do kirten in rehansubhais also worked in some punjabi sikh movies later caught on cam with some lady ...

and i can provide the source to

if nihungs or any one else are doing bad things fingers would be pointed to guru not an individual ... but we feel more proud to show how bad is other instead showing how good are we ... the day we start working on it duality will end ... frustration will end ... nindeya will end ...

I believe reality is not static its constantly becoming, evolution of societies only happens through change, change can only happen when religions update their practices, if a religion fails to update its praxis then the teachings of religion will make parenting suffer, children will then go on to breakdown society. I am not talking about any single issue here nor am I taking sides in this debate.

Parents should learn from religion that:

1) Self determination is the only form of lifestyle, wow just imagine if that was instilled in children from a young age that by working hard you can acheive anything, but parents pray to sant soandsowale and when sant doesn't deliver, children have no faith in parents and then children get parenting from t.v , freinds and internet etc.

Children should learn from parents that:

2) The media is not a personal voice for you it is ok for you to be who you are and we will always love you, you can always ask us any question no matter how bad that question is because youre in a safe environment and can speak freely, because if we dont equip you with the tools then you will not be able to raise youre children later on.

Probably of track :s

One sad thing these days is the rejection of reciting bani by some many people in our Kaum. Think about an Amritdharree Sikh will probably recite more Bani in one day than most people in our Kaum will in their whole LIFETIME!!!

Its time to get back on track.