Do you have bf/gf

JSingh

65 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have bf/gf

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't want to have one.
    • Want to, but could not find one yet, or its hard to find.
    • Its against Sikhi.

I know the concept of bf/gf in western society is different. The thigns bf/gf do in western society are not allowed in sikhi, such as kissing, dancing, or having s**. All these things are strictly forbidden. We are to look at each other as either brother, sister, mother, father, son, or daughter before marriage.

The definition of bf/gf in this pole is different. In this, the bf/gf do not engage in any physical activity, such as kissing, dancing, or what not. They don't even touch each other. They know their limits. They are Sikhs. All they want is to get married because they have feelings for each other. Based on this relationship, how would you vote on the pole?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing wrong with having feelings for another person. That is a beautiful part of Akah Purkh's world. However, if these feelings distract you from your spiritual path and take you away from it rather than making it stronger, than one might want to reassess what is important to them. Loving someone, respecting them, it helps you understand how your love for Waheguru is different, how his love for you is different. Every relationship is there to help you somehow. Its a learning experience. Just be sure to be aware of your actions, thoughts and yourself.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I'm sorta on the borderline on this issue. Even though I agree with MKhalsa that some relationships may be distractions, Ravneet Kaur does have a point. Remember that spiritually, we can progress faster in the presence of a sangat... and for example having a significant other who believes in and practices Sikhism like you would acts like this sangat... so you have a sangat around you all the time!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i think i shud stay away from this thread tongue.gif

i agree with R. Bhaenjee :@

then

i also agree with Mkhalsa.. that every relation in this world is the distraction to human who want to attain akal purakh.. But there are ways to work it out if both person are going in hands.. (meaning not doing manmat things with each other).. Other than that there is nothing wrong with any relationship :@

i agree with R. Bhaenjee :@

then

i also agree with Mkhalsa.. that every relation in this world is the distraction to human who want to attain akal purakh.. But there are ways to work it out if both person are going in hands.. (meaning not doing manmat things with each other).. Other than that there is nothing wrong with any relationship :@

i agree as well :)

i agree with R. Bhaenjee  :)

then

i agree as well :wub:

LOL >>>> ME 3!! :@

erm yeh .. so why get married then ?? i understand the concept of ravneet penji!! if every relation is ther to harm us .. why tie links with your mother ?? your sister ?? your father ?? if we use these things as an advantage rather than are disadvantage it is not there to harm us! the reason why we get married is so we can hav sangat and i dnt tink i rele need to go into detail about sangat!! having a b/f g/f in my opinion for the one we get married is alrite .. we deciding the sangat we are going in.

The definition of bf/gf in this pole is different. In this, the bf/gf do not engage in any physical activity, such as kissing, dancing, or what not. They don't even touch each other. They know their limits. They are Sikhs. All they want is to get married because they have feelings for each other. Based on this relationship, how would you vote on the pole?

i dont understand the thing about dancind :T: please xpand

pul chuk maaf