Punjab Police Officer Admits Killing 83 In Fake Encounters

Singh559

^^^ Agree.

This murderer must pay with his life if there is justice

But i agree that better to keep him alive to expose those higher up with even more blood on their hands.

I'm asking myself can a Truth & Reconciliation Commission work in Punjab like in South Africa?

But then we think how many innocents this dusht murdered and it doesn't seem possible.

^^^ Agree.

This murderer must pay with his life if there is justice

But i agree that better to keep him alive to expose those higher up with even more blood on their hands.

I'm asking myself can a Truth & Reconciliation Commission work in Punjab like in South Africa?

But then we think how many innocents this dusht murdered and it doesn't seem possible.

There was an attempt made for an unofficial commission by the Institute of Sikh Studies in SAS Nagar in the late 1990s. This was to a commission with no official powers to hear both the stories of those who suffered and those who took part in the oppression. The people in power who were scared of what would come out got a court order making the holding of the commission contempt of court and the IOSS backed out due to this.

Since the Sikh Genocide has become a mainstream issue in the West amongst Sikhs this is now impacting the Sikhs in Punjab and Delhi. The Sadda Haq film and memorials both in Punjab and Delhi are getting people talking about the killings. People are less scared now, Kuljinder Singh Sidhu with his film has shown people in the Punjab are concerned about what happened. More people will come out and expose what happened and it will come out through individuals, most India based Sikh organisations, jathebandhis, babas and Sants are controlled directly or indirectly by the government so that's why you do not see them doing much in this area.

The Sikhs that he killed were probably all young Sikh boys.

Yup. While watching Sadda Haq i remember my dad told me how in the 90's no parents wanted to keep their kids in Punjab, not because of militants but because they were afraid of fake police encounters.

btw since we are on the topic, anyone knows the estimated number of Sikhs killed in fake encounters?

Yup. While watching Sadda Haq i remember my dad told me how in the 90's no parents wanted to keep their kids in Punjab, not because of militants but because they were afraid of fake police encounters.

btw since we are on the topic, anyone knows the estimated number of Sikhs killed in fake encounters?

Jaswant Singh Khlara identified 25,000 Sikhs murdered in the Amritsar area alone before he himself was murdered. This was based on careful investigation and proof. If you take the whole of Punjab the killings could be 150,000 -250,000. Many Sikhs were murdered in Bluestar, Woodrose and Blackthunder 1and 2.