Who Will You Vote For In May?

Hammertime007

Questions for the Sangat:

How many of you voted?

Was there a Sikh candidate in your constituency?

Did the Gurdwara influence your vote?

If you had a Sikh candidate in your constituency, did you vote for them?

If you did not vote for the Sikh candidate, what were your reasons for not voting for them?

Thanks Isingh

So , the UK parliament has :

10 members of Indian descent,

10 members of Pakistani descent,

3 members of Bangladeshi descent,

1 member of Siri Lankan descent.

And

The siropa giving “Uncles” have ‘Big 0’

Mubarkbad to "Uncles," "Bhangra Lovers", and the "Nagar Kirtan Wale". Great showing.

(For how long would they spend the resources and the energy of the community just in showing off without any results !!)

I'd like to know as a community how many Sikhs/Punjabi's voted.

Maybe you don't take part in politics and prefer to leave it to somebody else.

Maybe you feel as if you don't belong to the UK political class at all and prefer to live your lives separate from politics altogether.

Run your own businesses and live separate, a parallel life not participating in the political game at all just your own business and family.

Completely segregated with your minds more on India than the UK.

I mean am I way off the mark here, do Sikhs vote?

The owner of a small garden centre in East Sussex whose anti-Tory blackboard went viral on social media says he has no regrets, despite admitting it could put him out of business.

The sign proposes a “Tory tax” of 10% on any customer who voted Conservative as one of the “‘tough’ decisions I need to make to ‘balance the books’ under your preferred government”.

The sign also says Ukip voters should “shop elsewhere”.

Woodruff said he was surprised and pleased to see his blackboard go viral, but said he was surprised that the Sun had sent a reporter to his home within hours.

“I initially said I didn’t want to speak to them but they convinced me and I told them what I thought,” he said. “I’ll probably be portrayed as a ‘looney-left gardener gone bonkers’ but I don’t care, I won’t read it anyway.”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/10/garden-centre-owners-10-tax-for-tory-voters-sign-goes-viral

My type of guy.

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/UK-election-Who-is-winner-here/articleshow/47227152.cms

The Indians are trying to say the Sikhs have no political clout by saying the Tories do not endorse the Sikh Manifesto. However they do accept the SNP endorse it. That Bhogal character got 200 votes as Sikhs are put in unwinable seats by the political parties.Effective Sikhs are not put in key seats as our community leader uncle's in the are easily bought off by political parties.

I've said it here before, many times. My points didn't register with any of you then and in some way that illustrates why we don't have any MPs, i.e. as a community we're more than a little bit thick.

Previously, on many occassions, I mentioned here how the Labour Party had 'tested' us Sikhs with the way they had treated us in 2 of the biggest Sikh towns in the UK : Southall and Hounslow. In both these constituences Labour Party HQ in Walworth Road diliberately overuled the local Sikhs and imposed a right Wing Indian government supporting Hindu as our MP. Our reaction to those slights was the test. If we were intelligent enough to realise how we were treated we would have kicked up a fuss and the labour Party would have been forced to take Sikh candidates more seriously....the way it oes Hindu and Muslim candidates. Instead, we showed ourselves to be lackeys that can be taken for granted in terms of votes, i.e they don't need to worry about our votes and they don't need to take us seriously.

We ourselves have been the masters of our own downfall and the fault lies firmly with our distinct lack of intelligence..

I'd like to know as a community how many Sikhs/Punjabi's voted.

Maybe you don't take part in politics and prefer to leave it to somebody else.

Maybe you feel as if you don't belong to the UK political class at all and prefer to live your lives separate from politics altogether.

Run your own businesses and live separate, a parallel life not participating in the political game at all just your own business and family.

Completely segregated with your minds more on India than the UK.

I mean am I way off the mark here, do Sikhs vote?

Sikhs in Canada are very active while American Sikhs are engaged in some extent, so it's hard to understand why Sikhs in UK aren't engaged or united to vote fellow Sikh over non-Sikh MP.

Sikhs in Canada are very active while American Sikhs are engaged in some extent, so it's hard to understand why Sikhs in UK aren't engaged or united to vote fellow Sikh over non-Sikh MP.

Thats 3rd world junglee style block-voting.......like the way our gurdwara pardhan elections are held. Sikhs in Canada do it and Pakistanis in the UK do it. It is the way of the un-padh bandha. It is not our way. Our way is to ask questions, listen to the arguments put forward and then go away and make an informed conscious decision about who to vote for.

The problem the result of this election has thrown up is not who we vote for.....but how and why we have let the Labour Party see us as irrelevent and take us for granted. Sitting 1000's of miles away you wouldn't know that....but reading what I just told you in my previous post you should have known it before asking what you did. i.e. the fact that in all the constituencies / ridings that the Sikhs have the majority vote the Labour Party HQ deliberately went over the heads of the local Sikhs and imposed a right wing Hindu Indian nationalist on them as the candidate, i.e you can't vote for a Sikh MP when a Sikh name doesn't even appear on the ballot paper.

the fact that in all the constituencies / ridings that the Sikhs have the majority vote the Labour Party HQ deliberately went over the heads of the local Sikhs and imposed a right wing Hindu Indian nationalist on them as the candidate.

Why would they do that?

Is it total incompetence or something more sinister?

I also think the Singh culture, the lion culture makes Sikhs more likely to be individuals in their voting patterns rather than block vote follow the herd mentality.

Another familiar story doing the rounds in this part of the world:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32627013

Not only have the Pakistani Muslim and Indian Hindu got several MP's , two senior minister have been appointed from these communities. Sajid Javid is placed as a potential Conservative Leader in the future.

'Sajid Javid – who many have billed to be Cameron’s successor - as business secretary, and Priti Patel as minister for employment'

For the Sikhs they have elected Piara Khabra from Southall, a communist who said he was an atheist and now Virender Sharma who as a member of the Overseas Congress represents those that carried out the Genocide of Sikhs. When this is pointed out to Uncles's they say 'oh he is from a village near mine in India so he is OK!' maturity and understanding the big picture is required from the Sikh community.