Sign in to follow this  
sikhstudent99

Sikh Girls Marrying Muslim Boys

That is a true statement, I am not fully Sikh but I still wait for the day when Guru Sahib blesses me with Amrit. It is my own Haumai that I haven't done so yet.

Why would Guru Sahib go out of his way to bless you with anything considering you aren't following his rehat? ;)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What I find with Sikh women is that they are very stuck up. When a Sikh guy approaches them they are very cautious and will give him a hard time.

But if good old ahmed approaches them its all smiles . and i wanna fast with you and celebrate eid ect :stupidme:

• Like 1

That is a true statement, I am not fully Sikh but I still wait for the day when Guru Sahib blesses me with Amrit. It is my own Haumai that I haven't done so yet.

I can't say I agree. You seem a decent bloke, humbler than many Amritdharis are. I think you've every right to consider yourself a Sikh.

There are a great many Amritdharis who are paragons of morality, and a great many Sehajdharis who are scumbags.

But there are also plenty of non-Amritdharis who embody all the virtues preached in the Sikh religion, and plenty of Amritdharis who are the antitheses of these virtues. Why should the first group be denied the right to call themselves Sikhs, but the second group be granted this right simply because they took Amrit?

Edited by Balkaar

Guest Jacfsing2

Why would Guru Sahib go out of his way to bless you with anything considering you aren't following his rehat? ;)

I do try to practice Rehat to the best I can, I don't attempt the Bhujer Kurehits and try to do Paht everyday, I know I'm not perfect but with his grace alone I know I can be better.

I do try to practice Rehat to the best I can, I don't attempt the Bhujer Kurehits and try to do Paht everyday, I know I'm not perfect but with his grace alone I know I can be better.

I was pulling your leg, brother. I know you're working hard. I was just using your logic against you.

• Like 3

I can't say I agree. You seem a decent bloke, humbler than many Amritdharis are. I think you've every right to consider yourself a Sikh.

There are a great many Amritdharis who are paragons of morality, and a great many Sehajdharis who are scumbags.

But there are also plenty of non-Amritdharis who embody all the virtues preached in the Sikh religion, and plenty of Amritdharis who are the antitheses of these virtues. Why should the first group be denied the right to call themselves Sikhs, but the second group be granted this right simply because they took Amrit?

Indeed, the true Amrit is the lord's name.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to get some statistics to see how many highly educated academically superior Sikh women marry non-Sikh and if they do marry non-Sikh what the reasons are for it.

Yes it would be interesting to know the statistics. From what I gather is that people who are intelligent enough to get medical or other high prestigious degrees are generally smarter people in all areas of life beside being academically intelligent. These people have worked hard all their life to progress to their chosen profession. They have have made it . so to speak so they have more to lose from having these relationships or marriages. they dont want to throw their lifes down the pan by marrying a Muslim.. ie they will probably get disowned and be an outcast of the family I know many Sikh and Hindu doctors and most of them do not associate with Muslims.

On the other hand you have those girls that come from dysfunctional families where the father is maybe an alcoholic and other family problems. they maybe less well off. and have less to lose.

• Like 3

Yes it would be interesting to know the statistics. From what I gather is that people who are intelligent enough to get medical or other high prestigious degrees are generally smarter people in all areas of life beside being academically intelligent. These people have worked hard all their life to progress to their chosen profession. They have have made it . so to speak so they have more to lose from having these relationships or marriages. they dont want to throw their lifes down the pan by marrying a Muslim.. ie they will probably get disowned and be an outcast of the family I know many Sikh and Hindu doctors and most of them do not associate with Muslims.

On the other hand you have those girls that come from dysfunctional families where the father is maybe an alcoholic and other family problems. they maybe less well off. and have less to lose.

But that's just what u gather. I know very intelligent n very educated people that have married other religions, so it's not one sided.

I wouldn't say they have less to lose if their father is an alcoholic or any problem they may have in their family, because every person regardless of their family members loves their own blood, it's the halaat (situation) that changes a persons karm too. In society's eyes yes they may have less to lose, but like I said before if there is love for God and their faith then the girls will not have much to lose, if it's written in their karm to overcome those problems and go on right path. It can work both ways.

Edited by simran345
  • Like 1

What should we do???

We need Sikh counsellors in Gurdwaras. Granthis are supposed to play that part in Gurdwaras but sadly most are in for the money and nothing else to help out with sangat. In UK, there are Singhs from Gurdwaras who do some family support help for Sikh families as every gurdwara should be doing this all over the world. This will help solve the problems of girls leaving out and getting dishonored and so on and on...... its not a complete solution but a good start to solve this problem.

Edited by kharkusingh1996
  • Like 3

We need Sikh counsellors in Gurdwaras. Granthis are supposed to play that part in Gurdwaras but sadly most are in for the money and nothing else to help out with sancta. In UK, there are Singhs from Gurdwara who do some family support help for Sikh families as every gurdwara should be doing this all over the world. This will help solve the problems of girls leaving out and getting dishonored and so on and on...... its not a complete solution but a good start to solve this problem.

Gud idea but some wouldn't agree, I think this is great idea, already there are organisations set up to help alcoholics in our community and things are being in place to have these sort of services accessible for our community. Gurdwaras are where most of our community goes and what better place to have these counsellors at. Just more need to get involved and get the ball rolling.

• Like 1

As far as I am concerned it is game over when our Gurdwaras allow the anand karaj of such weddings. There is very little we can do until these old boys who choose to turn a blind eye and bless these weddings during weekday weddings or "after hours" on Sundays when the sangat is safely on their way home. These Gurdwaras are completely shameless. By them allowing this to have happened has worsened the problem. The parents of girls are slowly believeing that it is ok to participate in such relations and I am sick of hearing the old line of "well so and so's daughter did it so we said ok as well".

Its fast becoming common knowledge and a common scene to witness such weddings.

I know of a girl who wanted to marry a somlian guy in a west london gurdwara. The date was set - a weekday again- but sadly for her some local boys found out what was about to happen and put a stop to the gurdwara going ahead. So what does the girl and her parents do? Yes they move onto the next gurdwara who gladly took her money and held the anand karaj of her and her somalian fiance in a backdoor anand karak on a sunday afternoon.

Sadly for us it is becoming game over and I blame the gurdwaras and more importantly the PARENTS of such Sikhs who have allowed this to happen.

I know of a another gurdwara in Southall on Oswald Road. They too are happy to proceed with girls or boys marrying muslims.

Only in May they blessed a Sikh boy marrying his Muslim girlfriend.....and before you ask no the girl is no convert and still practices Islam. The reason Oswald Road allowed it to happen?....Because the boy was a grandson of one of the committee members.

And then the word gets round and some other Sikh mum appear and say "hey my daughter wants to marry a Jameel can she too have her wedding here?....and before you know it the Gurdwara is obliged to. Its a sad but true fact.

It really is game over.

• Like 3

Gud idea but some wouldn't agree, I think this is great idea, already there are organisations set up to help alcoholics in our community and things are being in place to have these sort of services accessible for our community. Gurdwaras are where most of our community goes and what better place to have these counsellors at. Just more need to get involved and get the ball rolling.

And how would this solve the Mums of such girls who are happy for such weddings to go ahead?.. Im on your side brother but would like to know how would it sway the poisioned mums?

• Like 1

Guest Jacfsing2

I appreciate your views, but even Muslims and Hindus as well as Christians can be decent human beings and not every Muslim constantly thinks on how to "manipulate" others sexually to convert to their faith.

Agree with this, education has got nothing to do with it. It's lack of love for Sikhi that is the problem, and lack of respect for parents. I too have seen the more educated is the more they class themselves as having more choice and choosing to love who they want regardless of taking into consideration their religion. I know love cannot be forced or one cannot choose who to fall in love with but these people do have the choice of learning about their own faith which they can't be bothered to do.

I believe it's reinforcements (positive and negative) within our society. The more liberal, the higher the chances Punjabi women marry others. Punjabi women raised outside of Punjab are generally spoiled by their parents. By the time the woman is an adult, she has almost zero concept of supporting the family and the larger community.

• Like 3