Sikh Girls Marrying Muslim Boys

I know of quite a few well educated Amritdhari couples that are professionals , so I am not sure at what extent the amritdhari population is uneducated. You are making them sound as if they are like the ultra - orthodox jews.

Thats why I used words like "alot" and "most" rather than "all". Of course some highly educated ones exist. Even some Sikh astronauts exist but that doesn't mean most of us work for NASA. Where you've gone wrong then Ranjeet, is that you've got yourself so bogged down on the issue of semantics and numbers you haven't been able to comprehend the actual point.

Thats why I used words like "alot" and "most" rather than "all". Of course some highly educated ones exist. Even some Sikh astronauts exist but that doesn't mean most of us work for NASA. Where you've gone wrong then Ranjeet, is that you've got yourself so bogged down on the issue of semantics and numbers you haven't been able to comprehend the actual point.

No Jagsaw I got your point, and I agree that maybe there is an issue with education with perhaps a segment of the Amritdhari population but I find that using the word "most" or "almost" can generalise and builds unnecessary stereotypes.

I fail to see the connection between education and wanting marry your own. I don't get it. "I'm a neurosurgeon so now I'm more interested in marrying my own"....I just don't see that. In fact what I've witnessed is the complete opposite. It's the educated ones that have tasted freedom and now have money due to education that marry outside.

The usual scenario, Sikh parents sends their daughter overseas and she comes back with a degree, a job overseas and a husband who isn't a Punjabi.

I fail to see the connection between education and wanting marry your own. I don't get it. "I'm a neurosurgeon so now I'm more interested in marrying my own"....I just don't see that. In fact what I've witnessed is the complete opposite. It's the educated ones that have tasted freedom and now have money due to education that marry outside.

The usual scenario, Sikh parents sends their daughter overseas and she comes back with a degree, a job overseas and a husband who isn't a Punjabi.

Agree with this, education has got nothing to do with it. It's lack of love for Sikhi that is the problem, and lack of respect for parents. I too have seen the more educated is the more they class themselves as having more choice and choosing to love who they want regardless of taking into consideration their religion. I know love cannot be forced or one cannot choose who to fall in love with but these people do have the choice of learning about their own faith which they can't be bothered to do.

1. Stop telling moneh and moniyah that they aren't Sikhs and that they're apostates destined for hell. Treat them like brothers and sisters like things use to be back in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, not to hoodwink them into Gursikhi, but because it's the right thing to do, and observe how the prem for their fellow Sikhs and Sikhi grows in their hearts when they aren't treated like they're surplus to requirements. Lead by example. The rest is on them.

2. Take your cues from Gurbani. Prioritise Man over Guru Sahib at your peril. If not, we deserve everything negative that happens to us in the context of this issue. Stop this worship of anyone who rocks up to a stage and says a few agreeable words to stroke your agenda and your ego. Your Baba or your paracharak will not be with you when your time is up; he won't be standing on the Other Side putting in a good word for you; you're on your own.

Probably a gross over-simplification of what needs to be done, but it's a start.

Why would sikh women medical students be drawn to muslim medical students? Thats where the problem lies. girls only develop feelings for a male when she spend long periods with that male. the question is why are they spending so much time with muslims in the first place. the fact of the matter they have not been taught properly by the parents about respect. Muslim girls have by their parents hence . they never go with a non muslims even though they could.