P@ki On Sikh Channel

StarStriker

There is the everyday lingo of the street, and there's nothing wrong with that because our young are paart and parcel of the environment they live in, and then there is illiterate- pronouncing words like a Bangladeshi freshie - unable to construct sentences cretin lingo. The man that called in to the sikh channel belongs to the latter.

Please don't confuse his lack of articulation with the common working class way of talking in the UK today.

I've heard our people chat too, innit, bluudd gaawan so it's not limited to Pakistanis.

It's frickkin embarrassing to hear Sikhs talk like that, especially when they don't even live near an urban area or haven't grown up around people from that background.

David Starkey, the prominent historian, suggested a theory for this trend a few years back when the riots in England were kicking off, but he was roundly shouted down for being racist by the Left, when, I actually think, he had a point - I don't even think he was being racist at all by pointing out non-blacks who adopt that patois do it to appear and sound "cool." It's been going on since I was a kid, so it's not a new phenomenon.

It's frickkin embarrassing to hear Sikhs talk like that, especially when they don't even live near an urban area or haven't grown up around people from that background.

David Starkey, the prominent historian, suggested a theory for this trend a few years back when the riots in England were kicking off, but he was roundly shouted down for being racist by the Left, when, I actually think, he had a point - I don't even think he was being racist at all by pointing out non-blacks who adopt that patois do it to appear and sound "cool." It's been going on since I was a kid, so it's not a new phenomenon.

It is embarrassing, they sound ridiculous.

I used to live in South London back in the early 90's with a lot of black friends. This type of speech developed with these South London Black youth, I knew some East London, North London and West London Black youth and this type of speech was not as strong on them but it has spread. I think the influence and the popularity of ragga/jungle has had a part to play.

I used to live in South London back in the early 90's with a lot of black friends. This type of speech developed with these South London Black youth, I knew some East London, North London and West London Black youth and this type of speech was not as strong on them but it has spread. I think the influence and the popularity of ragga/jungle has had a part to play.

I practically grew up with and was mates with Jamaican kids during primary school (nearly all the white kids who were my friends where I lived spoke like them too). We all know the hilarious lingo they employ amongst themselves, but I never felt compelled to imitate their style of speaking. There was the odd "Stop being a battyman" on occasions, lol, but it was okay. But when you've got affluent Sikh kids from leafy suburbs coming out with that "blud and ting" bakwaas, I can only shake my head in disbelief.

I practically grew up with and was mates with Jamaican kids during primary school (nearly all the white kids who were my friends where I lived spoke like them too). We all know the hilarious lingo they employ amongst themselves, but I never felt compelled to imitate their style of speaking. There was the odd "Stop being a battyman" on occasions, lol, but it was okay. But when you've got affluent Sikh kids from leafy suburbs coming out with that "blud and ting" bakwaas, I can only shake my head in disbelief.

It is a phenomenon in the UK to sound "black" as it gives you "street cred". You see the same thing in North America.

My cousin from the U.S. came over with some of her friends and one of them was black. They went on the tube and even the Black American found this ghetto London Black accent funny.

Look at the lengths these sons of b!tches r goin to infiltrate.

https://www.facebook.com/SikhYouthBirmingham/posts/1142050052489823

mate in all honesty im seeing these things happening in bham. I never hear this type of crap happnin round west london, slough etc

In all honesty i have been mistaken as a muslim on many occasions, some girl wouldnt believe im sikh its just ridiculous nowadays. But living in London i have never witnessed a muslim wearing a kara and I know the 'boys' and can spot an apna from miles away from the way they carry themselves etc who they chill with...

Look at the lengths these sons of b!tches r goin to infiltrate.

https://www.facebook.com/SikhYouthBirmingham/posts/1142050052489823

There needs to be an awareness strategy developed for this type of thing in universities.

As a Sikh you need to prepare for every trick in the book and then some.

Every Sikh orgs in University needs to have this in place.