Who Is Responsible For The Hate Towards Dasam Granth?

Guest Jacfsing2

jae ham ko paramaesar ouchar hai | thae sabh narak kundd mehi par hai |

Translation:- Those who call me God, will fall into the pit of hell.

Look at this translation. They don't even translate ouchar Hai and leave it out. By the above translation the tuk stops at:jae ham ko paramaesar. And then moves on to the next tuk.

Let's be real, Jsinghnz has a point.

I think the brits firstly waited until most of the major powerhouse leaders (under whom Sikhs would've united) were dead (Hari Singh Nalwa, Ranjit Singh, Akali Phoola Singh). Then we do have accounts of A LOT of shaheedi taking place during the Anglo-Sikh wars suggesting that many staunch, pukkay Singhs preferred death to surrender or accepting defeat.

Those that were left were probably of a different calibre (more worldly), and for a variety of reasons (animosity against poorbias, job opportunities, loot, money, land) subordinated themselves.

The actions of those before may not be to his or your liking, my point is specifically in reference to many of our ancestors and their unmoving faith. There is no doubt that this has been on the decline since said leaders, nevertheless there is evidence of more enlightened souls after this time and during both world wars than in recent times. We also took a massive hit in the 80s - 90s, but Sikhi is on the rise again.

Actually thinking out loud and really another topic, Sikhs usually come together as a united force only when at a very low ebb, otherwise they are at each others throats and history is our witness...

jae ham ko paramaesar ouchar hai | thae sabh narak kundd mehi par hai |
Translation:- “Those who call me God, will fall into the pit of hell.
This vaak of maharaj should be seen as scolding of our father, cannot be taken literally. However overall message behind this vaak of this maharaj should be taken seriously. What Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji is saying- don't be attached to my transient (shud bhram sargun) saroop-personal god saroop, don't confine me in transient shud sargun saroop. Realize- your and my real saroop which is Advait- non dual Nirgun saroop via bhagti, shabad dhun, shabad gian- bhramgyan.

We also have the quote ਗੁਰੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਏਕੁ ਹੈ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਮਾਇ, which means both are one roop or have identical attributes and many more which are similarly themed.

I might be wrong but I believe Guru Gobind Singh Jee, quoted 'jo ham ko paramaesar ouchar hai | thae sabh narak kundd mehi par hai |' this out of pure humility, just like Guru Sahib calls themselves, Jan, Daas, Dhoor, Gole in SGGS.

It saddens me to see on this forum and in general among sikhs of the day , degree of spite towards anyone who has different views.

Is it possible for a spiritual person to be hateful ? Aren't we engaging in bedbi by disregarding guru's mahavak - " Na ko bairi nahi begana....."

Agreed the world is not perfect , but our attitude towards correcting it should be driven with passion and zeal , but without animosity and bitterness - after all its all his bhana

e.g I was very hateful towards people like KP gill and Brar but over time I have understood that they were just parts in a play ...having said that it does not mean I will give up pursuit of justice , that should be done so such incidents are not repeated ,but the overloaded emotions are gone ever since I fully internalized "Hukmai andar sab ko bahar hukam na koi "

It saddens me to see on this forum and in general among sikhs of the day , degree of spite towards anyone who has different views.

Is it possible for a spiritual person to be hateful towards anyone ? Na ko bairi nahi begana.....

Agreed the world is not perfect , but our attitude towards correcting it should be driven with enthusiasm and not zeal , but without animosity and bitterness - afterall its all his bhana

e.g I was very hateful towards people like KP gill and Brar but over time I have understood that they were just parts in a play ...having said that it does not mean I will give up pursuit of justice , that should be done so such incidents are not repeated ,but the overloaded emotions are gone ever since I fully internalized "Hukmai andar sab ko bahar hukam na koi "

students are only as good as their study habits and the attention they paid to the instructions , don't worry all will get there eventually

I never trusted this guy from the start. Well worth reading this article. Good info that everyone should know.

He also created mischief at the recent World Sikh Conference in Australia:

He ridiculed Sikhs themselves for “living in a dream world and thinking of a Khalistan” and that how could we speak of such things when we had never read or understood the Indian Constitution. He blamed Sikhs for the Beant regime of 1992-95 due to the boycott of the 1992 election as carried out by major jujharu jathebandis and in doing so, he indirectly is blaming Shaheed Singhs as the cause for major human rights violations and mass disappearances during this time. Nowhere did Dr. Gurdarshan Singh Dhillon point a finger at the Indian State or their agents for the mass atrocities they committed upon the general populace of Punjab from 1984-1995, the finger was pointed straight at the Sikh nation and their “stupidity” as he put it. He referred to Jathedar Jagtar Singh Hawara as “oh kee naa ohda…oh bechara munda jaya jenu jathedar thaap ditta…” (what’s his name…that poor boy who was named jathedar…). This should not be seen as a simple slip of the mind, it was deliberate. Everyone in panthic circles knows who Jathedar Jagtar Singh Hawara is and what his kurbani is and to use this type of terminology was done deliberately to show that Jathedar Hawara is a “nobody” (somebody whose name is easily forgotten) and that he is weak and stupid/bhola (what the term bechara is most often used for). Dr. Dhillon in an overly dramatic way tried to warn those in attendance that if you rise up against the state and ask for sovereignty then don’t forget about the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Elaam (LTTE) and their leader Prabakaran who was killed along with his wife and 8 year old son. Dr. Dhillon again was using this as an attempt to pound the point home that there is no point in separating from India and that we had to lobby the right channels while remaining within India.