Why didn't Guru make everyone Sikh?

mahandulai

5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

That's not true. This thinking is a latter day, pretty modern 'innovation'. 

Sikh history is full of examples of strong parchaar going on. 

Parchaar is okay and completely different to Proselyting. Parchaar is about talking about what is good about Sikhi and generally its teachings. 

Prosethysing is going around saying other faiths are bad and making arguments about why their faith is not true. Then saying there faith is right. 

So there is a big difference between parchaar and proselyting. 

Sikhism teaches us to be a good human before we become a good Sikh. be a good human before you become a good Hindu, be a good  Human before you become a good Muslim etc. Sikhism does not force people to convert to Sikhi nor does it speak bad about other faiths etc. 

Doing Prachaar and proselytizing is almost the same thing. But there are some key differences. In no particular order:

• The is no gain or reward for the Prachaarak unlike in Abrahamic proselytizing
  • There are no negative or deceitful  tactics employed in Prachaar whereas in Abrahamic proselytizing there is
  • Prachaar cannot be done without (asli) Sat, Daya, Nimrata, Prem whereas Abrahamic proselytizing can and is
  • Prachaaraks do not have hankaar where as Abrahamic proselytizing is all about hankaar
  • Prachaar makes one come to their own realisations i.e. makes you use your Buddhi but Abrahamic proselytizing does not
  • Prachaar is not insulting or offensive where as Abrahamic proselytizing is
  • Prachaar isn't about forcing you to accept or shoving things down your throat whereas Abrahamic proselytizing is

Having said this, Prachaar can be critical, however, only when the above points are taken into consideration. Prachaar is not always flowery and can be straight up/blunt but it's never hateful or guilt-inducing.

Sadly, many of todays "prachaaraks" do not differ much from the Abrahamic types. Maharaaj Ji, Guru Mata Ji Kirpa Karn.

Gurbar Akaal!

Why didn't Guru make everyone Sikh?

Why limit sikh to only human beings?

There are  84 lakhs of species of beings, including devtays also. 

All move in the wheel of deaths and births, according to their own karam.

It is like we do have unripe fruit also, which is not ready to be eaten, so it has to wait to get ripe at due time.

in a similar way, not are all spiritually pure nor  mature to go back and merge in Him, those selected accordingly to their past karam, get the chance to be as true sikhs, and through His Kirpa and bhakti, free themselves from the  chains of man, karam, maya, and kaal, and finally merge and become one with Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.

2 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

But we definantly belive Sikhi is the best choice. Be it not in a boastful way. 

Sorry I didn't mean to say Sikhi is not the best. Obviously Sikhi is the supreme path don't get that wrong (since we have langar, a pure Granth etc.)

I was just saying that Guru doesn't care what you are (since religion is sometimes just a label) and will give you the same message and is open to all for advice and correct way to live your life.

12 hours ago, Punjabiwolves said:

Sikhism teaches us to be a good human before we become a good Sikh. be a good human before you become a good Hindu, be a good  Human before you become a good Muslim etc. Sikhism does not force people to convert to Sikhi nor does it speak bad about other faiths etc. 

that particular meme that went around is not related to any direct Gurbani quote  but rather a slick operator who wanted to excuse their own laxity in following Guru ji , much along the lines of the current brainwashing of Sikh youth in India , why have amrit you can just be a good person and go gurdwara ,' bus dil saaaf hona chahida'  (to quote the Gurdas mann song which is similar)

Sikhi will show other faiths the completeness they are lacking and how to fix it to progress spiritually , ideally they will action it in their current situation and realise just how much they have been shortchanged and experience the Divine through that instruction and thus become sikhs from the inside . That will lead them to become khoji of Gurbani and then Akal Purakh di kirpa naal come into sikhi of their free will. (BTW that is how modern day muslims and hindus came into the path).

17 hours ago, Punjabiwolves said:

This is completely an atheist way of thinking.  If Sikhi said before coming a good Sikh become a good human.  Then why does Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji start with Ik Onkar? Being a human has nothing to do with God.  Their are many people in this world who do not believe in God and are good humans by an atheist standard.  Sikhi root is Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji says don't live a moment without Vaheguru/Ik Onkar in your mind and task. Gurbani says always remember Vaheguru.  

Clunking other religions with Sikhi is another atheist approach.  Atheist don't want to spend countless hours studying all the DIFFERENT religions in the world so they stretch out similarities and twist what is said to support the view point; all religions are the same.  Would anyone say, sociology a social science is the same as chemistry?  Both are sciences, so they are the same.  The atheist community would be ready to scream at anyone who makes such a statement regarding chemistry.  Even majority of the Sikh community would be applaud by the remark because we know such a statement is ridiculous and we stick up for what is right and dont behave like "good" humans to only benefit ourselves.

now I will wait for an atheist to stretch and twist out sociology to dirty up the field of chemistry, so they can continuing being "good" humans. 

. I think what i saying was has been taken out of context but some. I meant you have to be a good human to be a true Sikh as Sikhism places a high emphasis on human values such as equality, kindness, being good-hearted, helping others etc. having those core values is the 1st step in being a Sikh.