Jatts were not pioneer of sikhs in BC rajputs were

Guest Harjeet

9 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Getting married in your 30s is not old. 

Quite possibly. Each man will have to make the choice himself. An older man with a lowly job and few assets will be at a dead end. But your basic point stands.

10 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

If that Sikhprof had any intelligence he would not go into somewhere like Harlem.

I think the reason he lived there was to prove the basic goodness of humanity, sort of like the "Young couple trying to prove human kindness killed by ISIS" (google that).

Now he's become a professor of Islam trying to show how great Islam is. What a loser.

46 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Your observation is true. But so is mine.

So would an observation that we will die off as a panth if we become like the West. Because the West is dying off.

The structure of west is being dismantled and similarly some of our structures are being dismantled.

I do not particularly like it personally. However,  I like to think that the Panth will adapt to certain aspects whilst keeping the foundations of our panth.

2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The structure of west is being dismantled and similarly some of our structures are being dismantled.

I do not particularly like it personally. However,  I like to think that the Panth will adapt to certain aspects whilst keeping the foundations of our panth.

The way some of us subordinate ourselves to the dying/declining system, because of some hangup/inferiority complex from the colonial era is dangerous. We should acknowledge that. Otherwise we'll go down the pan with them too.  

3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

If that Sikhprof had any intelligence he would not go into somewhere like Harlem.

I understand what you are saying, but also, a confident Singh man shouldn't readily succumb to the notion of avoidance like this too often, because this too can lead to cowardly habits. Our recent ancestors travelled all through India, when it was dangerous. 

3 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:
3 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I understand what you are saying, but also, a confident Singh man shouldn't readily succumb to the notion of avoidance like this too often, because this too can lead to cowardly habits. Our recent ancestors travelled all through India, when it was dangerous. 

And the professor in question is exactly the opposite of a "confident Singh man".  Google "Hateful mob attacks Sikh who says he was mistaken for a radical Muslim".

Also, sorry I said it was @SikhProf who it was. That's actually someone else (the Professor of Islam).

Also, he didn't "go into" Harlem as in walking around. He (incredibly) has house in Harlem.

25-30 individuals jumped him. This also goes to smash Jagsaw's fantasy that Sikhs' enemy is the White man and they'll ally with the brown and black peoples of the world. Of course, that doesn't mean that white people haven't killed Sikhs, just a warning not to fall prey to fantasies.

23 minutes ago, BhForce said:

And the professor in question is exactly the opposite of a "confident Singh man".  Google "Hateful mob attacks Sikh who says he was mistaken for a radical Muslim".

Also, sorry I said it was @SikhProf who it was. That's actually someone else (the Professor of Islam).

Also, he didn't "go into" Harlem as in walking around. He (incredibly) has house in Harlem.

25-30 individuals jumped him. This also goes to smash Jagsaw's fantasy that Sikhs' enemy is the White man and they'll ally with the brown and black peoples of the world. Of course, that doesn't mean that white people haven't killed Sikhs, just a warning not to fall prey to fantasies.

Some black people in the US feel that certain other ethnic groups take a back seat in directly confronting white racism. And then they feel that these other ethnicities (who've turned a blind eye to the black plight), then try and get blacks on board when the racism spreads and effect their own community. There might be truth in that. 

Jagsaw is off his trolley, only a few years ago he was singing the praises of white people to astounding and embarrasing levels. Even saying that brits coming to Panjab were the best thing to happen to us.......Well at least he isn't doing that anymore. 

I've seen that guy you're talking about (in Harlem). I know the score. Thing with predators is that they generally attack prey that they consider easy pickings. Nerdy people are top of the list, but the truth is that anyone can be attacked when predators feel that their own safety is not at risk too much. Even a strong confident guy, if they feel the odds are in their favour. Mix in drugs and drink, and a group and you have a even more potentially volatile situation. 

I notice a lot of attacks on Sikhs (esp. cabbies) are by latinos too, who mistake them for sullay. 

8 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Even saying that brits coming to Panjab were the best thing to happen to us

Wow.

8 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Some black people in the US feel that certain other ethnic groups take a back seat in directly confronting white racism.

Maybe. But I don't think this was that. (Did you read the article?) Apparently they yelled "Osama, get him!"

9 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

the truth is that anyone can be attacked when predators feel that their own safety is not at risk too much.

Granted.

Also, I'm not speaking against or in favor of any community here, merely to state that we shouldn't operate with any illusions. The happy rainbow coalition fantasy of Jagsaw is just a fantasy.

1 hour ago, BhForce said:

Also, I'm not speaking against or in favor of any community here, merely to state that we shouldn't operate with any illusions. The happy rainbow coalition fantasy of Jagsaw is just a fantasy.

Absolutely, no monolithic group is ever going to stand by us. Never. Most of the times they will exploit the situation with false claims of friendship which they will suddenly and tactically retract. Never be gullible like that - it's deadly. But sometimes when times get hectic, just having people who are plain neutral is more than good enough. On a related note, I think reading Bhangu's Panth Prakash on when Singh's (and Singhnis!) were compelled to stay in Brar territory in the mid 1700s for safety, and the reception and the treatment they received from that very quarter, from the offspring of people who had taken Amrit in dasmesh pita's time (no less!), gives a brilliant account of exploitation when power differentials between so called 'allies' are big.  

3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

It is one thing if you are a strong confident man by yourself ,it is another thing if you have people with you are more vulnerable.

There are parts of New York that have been gentrified (like parts of London have) but it is far rougher than even than what you grew up with.

I used to live in SE London  (pretty rough with those lovely Millwall Supporters) but it is Disneyland compared to parts of New York.

There are parts of Queens where you'd get killed for 10 dollars just so that the perpetrator can get some food.

Their Subway system makes our tube system look like the Orient Express.