Jatts were not pioneer of sikhs in BC rajputs were

Guest Harjeet

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I wish we were "woke" as yourself.

Slavery is a big part of the problem,  but there comes a point when you have stop using it as excuse for bad behaviour. 

Sure. This is a an inflamatory caste thread though that has nothing to do with black folk at all. Not sure why they got brought into it, they aren't here to speak for themselves. They been through and are still going through enough and if a prospective Sikh, who's black, were to come read this forum they'd probably leave with a sour taste in their mouth. Don't we have a duty to better represent Sikhia?  Which itself is against racism and casteism...which is the entire topic...

3 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

You aversion for apne stems from an intimate familiarity based on experience. Black hostility for Sikhs, generally speaking, arises from a hodge podge of reasons ranging from media manipulation, ignorance, stupidity, envy, and just plain old bad intentions.

I've never once met a black person who had anything bad to say about Sikhs...ever... I've lost track of the number of threads on here doing their nindaa though. 

22 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I've never once met a black person who had anything bad to say about Sikhs...ever... I've lost track of the number of threads on here doing their nindaa though. 

Like most things, it's not about castigating an entire group based on the actions of a few. Equally, denying others' negative experiences just because "you" personally haven't been impacted by those actions, isn't the sign of a person with a balanced outlook. It smacks of delusion; an unwillingness to acknowledge uncomfortable truths and the reality that others have experienced. People shouldn't have to preface every statement with the tiresome, "Not all of them." That should be a given in adult discourse.

As for your original statement, I've met, seen, and heard a number of black individuals who have negative things to say about Sikhs based purely on their mistaken assumptions and prejudices. Which one of us is mistaken on that particular front?

2 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

As for your original statement, I've met, seen, and heard a number of black individuals who have negative things to say about Sikhs based purely on their mistaken assumptions and prejudices. Which one of us is mistaken on that particular front?

Would you share a few of those? (Would it be good to create a different thread?)

Experiences with blacks, whites, Hispanics, etc.?

43 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Sure. This is a an inflamatory caste thread though that has nothing to do with black folk at all. Not sure why they got brought into it, they aren't here to speak for themselves. They been through and are still going through enough and if a prospective Sikh, who's black, were to come read this forum they'd probably leave with a sour taste in their mouth. Don't we have a duty to better represent Sikhia?  Which itself is against racism and casteism...which is the entire topic...

It is not job to represent Sikhia. 

If a black person wants to become Sikh then fair play to them. Their love of Sikhi should be strong enough not for them to be "triggered" by what I may say.

There are plenty of black people that would agree with what I have said and they are not Uncle Tom's.

Human beings are tribal. If it wasn't about caste or race it would be about something else.

Like a lot of threads on this forum they easily get diverted from what is originally intended. But that is what happens with conversations. 

34 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Would you share a few of those? (Would it be good to create a different thread?)

Experiences with blacks, whites, Hispanics, etc.?

It's fair to say that our experience of these matters perhaps depends greatly on our geographic location. So in that regards it's understandable if someone finds it difficult to entertain the thought of black hostility to Sikhs because their cultural environment simply hasn't formed around circumstances where such issues are prevalent. 

As someone who's born and raised in Britain, I've observed stark instances of aggression and hostility aimed at Sikhs originating from blacks in periods of recent history where the media has dialled up it's rhetoric against visual minorities of which orthodox Sikhs are arguably the most obvious. Then there's other isolated instances, such as on a bus or simply people passing each other on a street, when blacks feel emboldened to throw out comments about someone's dastaar or beard. 

Usually, I feel that type of behaviour can perhaps be correlated to what's occurring in the wider world. In other instances I can reach for as many logical justifications as I want if I were of the worldview that certain groups are perpetual victims and are incapable of wrong no matter the evidence to the contrary, but sometimes you've just got to attribute it to plain old prejudice. If it looks like a duck...

2 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Then there's other isolated instances, such as on a bus or simply people passing each other on a street, when blacks feel emboldened to throw out comments about someone's dastaar or beard. 

Hmm. Would that be (as far as you could tell), new immigrants or old-timers? From the Caribbean or Africa? Nigeria/Uganda? 

How did, say, white people during the same time period and place behave?

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Like most things, it's not about castigating an entire group based on the actions of a few. Equally, denying others' negative experiences just because "you" personally haven't been impacted by those actions, isn't the sign of a person with a balanced outlook. It smacks of delusion; an unwillingness to acknowledge uncomfortable truths and the reality that others have experienced. People shouldn't have to preface every statement with the tiresome, "Not all of them." That should be a given in adult discourse.

I realized before I spoke about my experience, that your experience would differ.  What I said is I have never heard. If it was a widespread issue then I'd have heard about it. I'm sure you've had your real or percieved issues with black folk but that's for you to say not me. So no, I'm not delusional, nice misdirection ad hominem. 

The uncomfortable truth? Yeah it's really hard for me to hear you all speak like ignorant rednecks. It's a shame..only in kalyug brother.