Sign in to follow this  
Redoptics

Does anyone research other religions?

I like reading hindu scriptures. 

Iv read genesis from the old testament 

And a few other things 

• Like 1

Sadly, no. It's in rehat to study them but no... we can even view majority scriptures online but still don't get around to it.

Did a fair bit when I was younger (bible, koran, hadiths etc). Now only really looking at Sikhi, which  (if you include Dasam Granth) delves into other cultures anyway.  

Now that I've shed my Singh Sabha indoctrination, I'm also not averse to older Indic traditional religious texts, but I don't delve into them much. 

• Like 1

we used to hv nirmala scholars who in 18th century were proper Gursikhs.

They used to study hindu religion and do parchar of Gurmat on the hindu community and made many Hindus into Sikhs.

Unfortunately, present day nirmalas r doing the opposite. They r doing parchar of Vedanta matt on Sikhs.

We need to correct the nirmalas.They shud study all religions and do parchar of sikhi on non Sikhs.

That feeling when you study world mythology and religions, and begin to see correlations and similarities between supposedly unique and separate personalities 😶.  Then you begin to wonder if they weren't all one common group that we're adopted and adapted by whichever race and culture decided to propagate their "history." 😅 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Did a fair bit when I was younger (bible, koran, hadiths etc). Now only really looking at Sikhi, which  (if you include Dasam Granth) delves into other cultures anyway.  

Now that I've shed my Singh Sabha indoctrination, I'm also not averse to older Indic traditional religious texts, but I don't delve into them much. 

Same here. 

Just went through my kindle app and right at the bottom i found the KamaSutra by Vatsyayana    the actual translation of the scripture, not the "manual" versions lol!       gnna read it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Just went through my kindle app and right at the bottom i found the KamaSutra by Vatsyayana    the actual translation of the scripture, not the "manual" versions lol!       gnna read it 

Have a cold shower straight after, you saucy sod! 😂

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Have a cold shower straight after, you saucy sod! 😂

😄😄

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, singhnihk said:

I have done extensive study of Sufism, Buddhism, Jainism, Christianity, Hindusim as well as as many African belief systems and so on. It would be nice to discuss some of them here if possible. I stayed roughly 3 years at Dharamsala to learn different aspects of buddhism and 5 years at Rishikesh in search of sadhoos and mahatmas hiding in Rishikesh caves. I did meet many old hindu yogis there and gained much sought after knowledge from them, which is totally impossible to gain by just reading books. I have read about Mazdayasna as well as Bah'a'i faith. Having said all this, I have to admit I did all this roughly 14 years ago when I was in my late teens and mid twenties before I married and settled down. It would be nice to discuss them to refresh my memory! Oh, by the way, I also stayed 19 months at the holy city of Amritsar and 4 months at Abchal Nagar Sachkhand hazoor Sahib for further learning. Thanks to my parents for funding most of my visits and stays in India. It wasn't unusual for me to run out of funding from time to time.

You are very lucky to be Amtitsar for so long :)

5 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

That feeling when you study world mythology and religions, and begin to see correlations and similarities between supposedly unique and separate personalities 😶.  Then you begin to wonder if they weren't all one common group that we're adopted and adapted by whichever race and culture decided to propagate their "history." 😅 

So true