Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simran20

Simran sounds

Recommended Posts

On 8/31/2020 at 10:52 AM, puzzled said:

I do it without them but sometimes with earphones. 

Listening to simran on your phone etc and repeating with it works aswell. That day I heard the knocking, i felt a floating like feeling, and when I opened my eyes it felt like I snapped out of it. 

Yes I do it with gurmantar sometimes too but I put it on my Bluetooth speaker through my phone instead.

Oh I’ve got a knock sometimes but that’s normally when I’m drifting off thinking about things. I always thought it’s to wake me up and make me focus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Simran2020

Thank you for the replies. What is the meaning of going into smadhi. What does it feel like? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 12:11 AM, puzzled said:

yup!  last night i was doing simran in my bedroom and i heard loud knocking from the door frame!  i was doing simran using earphones and i still heard the knocking! so not sure how loud it actually was. 

I'v been doing simran a lot more intensely recently and with proper concentration and different stuff is happening, emotions are feeling off as well. 

i asked someone and they said there is no normal when it comes to simran, everyone has different experiences.  

Ignore it and continue. If anything comes around, stay relaxed and accept that everyone and everything is God. Picture Guru Nanak if it helps. You shouldn’t fear anything, it’s all God. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone also have a ticking noise in their head? Like a actual high pitched ticking when doing simran? I have it most times I do simran, at first i used to start paying attention to it and it really hurt! But now i ignore it and it's fine

While reading bhai raghbir singh birs book I came across a part where he says some people experience a ticking noise in their brain, though scary at first, its har less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 11:20 PM, puzzled said:

Does anyone also have a ticking noise in their head? Like a actual high pitched ticking when doing simran? I have it most times I do simran, at first i used to start paying attention to it and it really hurt! But now i ignore it and it's fine

While reading bhai raghbir singh birs book I came across a part where he says some people experience a ticking noise in their brain, though scary at first, its har less. 

No, but that sounds interesting. I’ve only had the ringing sound. When I listen to it and relax, I start to vibrate at a higher frequency

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 2:33 PM, Guest Simran2020 said:

Thank you for the replies. What is the meaning of going into smadhi. What does it feel like? 

Smadhi means ‘deep meditation’. Some people experience the mind becoming calm for the first time and call it smadhi. But this is like a child running with their arms out thinking they’re flying like ‘an aeroplane’. (It’s correct for their level of innocence, but not the real thing).Smadhi is actually when one enters dasam duar.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 2:35 PM, Singh375 said:

Smadhi means ‘deep meditation’. Some people experience the mind becoming calm for the first time and call it smadhi. But this is like a child running with their arms out thinking they’re flying like ‘an aeroplane’. (It’s correct for their level of innocence, but not the real thing).Smadhi is actually when one enters dasam duar.

Reality is that we are in 24/7 samadhi. The world is a dream in the mind of the Creator. Humans should recognize the illusion, then maya doesn’t have much of a hold because it’s BS. 
 

We accept life and live it. It’s our choice.. we are not a slave to the illusion, it’s a slave to God/Us. That’s how you make maya your Bi*ch. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh
On 9/3/2020 at 2:35 PM, Singh375 said:

Smadhi means ‘deep meditation’. Some people experience the mind becoming calm for the first time and call it smadhi. But this is like a child running with their arms out thinking they’re flying like ‘an aeroplane’. (It’s correct for their level of innocence, but not the real thing).Smadhi is actually when one enters dasam duar.

^ Love the way everyone completely ignored what I said on the very first page (reproduced below) and then, on page 3, someone finally realised what a smadhi state is. 😀

"Our North American friends won't understand this but because we here in the UK live in houses hundreds of years old, each of our houses does have it's own sounds. What happens with simran is that your senses are hightened - you'll see real things that you wouldn't normally see and hear things you wouldn't normally hear because normally your head is jam-packed full of things. As you de-clutter your mind you make more space to absorb things that normally pass you by. That sound you hear is the sound of your house. It's always been there. You just never noticed it before"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sat1 said:

Reality is that we are in 24/7 samadhi. The world is a dream in the mind of the Creator. Humans should recognize the illusion, then maya doesn’t have much of a hold because it’s BS. 
 

We accept life and live it. It’s our choice.. we are not a slave to the illusion, it’s a slave to God/Us. That’s how you make maya your Bi*ch. 

None of us are in smadhi. Taking your paraan (breath) or surat (focus) into dasam duar is called smadhi.

In smadhi your body becomes unconscious, heart and breathing stop, to an observer you appear dead. Your soul can even casually step out the body.

Few people will notice I edited & deleted section from earlier post explaining how Satguru Ji showed daas the technique for doing it with surat. If Guru does kirpa daas will try making a new post on simran to explain how there are much higher stages still and how to move in that direction.

I’m not challenging you dear friend, but I’m respectfully challenging the ideas you present. 

I know you’ve read gurbani because you write using literal translations. Realising maya as an illusion can only happen through intense bhagati. There is one hell of a big avastha called Paramhans. Like swan can separate milk from water, they can separate god from maya. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Singh375 said:

There is one hell of a big avastha called Paramhans. Like swan can separate milk from water, they can separate god from maya. 

With a lot of respect it’s remembered that in house of Guru Nanak paramhans avastha was blessed to Bhai Paro ji. 

http://www.discoversikhism.com/sikh_gurus/bhai_paro_julka.html

At time of 5th Guru their avastha became huge, they asked Guru Arjan Dev Ji if there is any stages left. Guru Sahib said “there is one more stage, leave this body and merge with me, together we will do Sikhi parchar”. With their own will, Bhai Paro ji left the body to become one with God

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Singh375 said:

None of us are in smadhi. Taking your paraan (breath) or surat (focus) into dasam duar is called smadhi.

In smadhi your body becomes unconscious, heart and breathing stop, to an observer you appear dead. Your soul can even casually step out the body.

Few people will notice I edited & deleted section from earlier post explaining how Satguru Ji showed daas the technique for doing it with surat. If Guru does kirpa daas will try making a new post on simran to explain how there are much higher stages still and how to move in that direction.

I’m not challenging you dear friend, but I’m respectfully challenging the ideas you present. 

I know you’ve read gurbani because you write using literal translations. Realising maya as an illusion can only happen through intense bhagati. There is one hell of a big avastha called Paramhans. Like swan can separate milk from water, they can separate god from maya. 

I’ve experienced it. That’s the point of applying gurbani and walking on the straight and narrow path. Going into samadhi, you realise that it was an illusion all along. Agreed that it needs to be experienced. I’ve fallen off the path many times forgetting it, but keep getting back up, I am by no means perfect, I’m just a fool like everyone else. The simran becomes 24/7 because u realise the Truth. There’s nothing else but Truth. It’s everyone everything everywhere.  

You need to stop putting brahmgyanis on a pedestal and realise yourself to be the same as them. Guru Nanak taught us in the utmost humility, calling himself the lowest of the low, and that’s what brahmgyanis see themselves as. Your avastha becomes high by realising yourself to be Nothing. You can experience the same, you just have to be believing, disciplined, seeing and loving him as All, be good etc. Yes there are stages on the bhagati path, but the laws remain the same, and the Truth doesn’t change. Moving on with the stages happens as it’s supposed to. You can’t force it. 

 

The world is a dream, we are living in samadhi 24/7.. it’s not real, it’s a khel. To separate God from maya, you look at the khel, and realise everyone, everything, everywhere to be Him. The good and the evil, the light and the dark, the Dukh and the Sukh, its simple but us humans complicate it. Most humans are too egoistic to accept this simple truth. Realise yourself to be Him. You are Truth, drop in the ocean, Ocean in the Drop. There is no separatedness, He IS the Maya. Although we cannot be perfect, the perfection of the heart is within reach. If you apply this gyan how can your heart be tainted unless you forget it and fall for the khel, reacting in maya. It’s an illusion He’s created. 

  • Like 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sat1 said:

Your avastha becomes high by realising yourself to be Nothing.

Naam simran takes you high, it’s a virtue of naam that it makes you humble

But anyway I’m not going to argue with you because I really like many of your posts 👍🏼

It could be you are viewing god from one angle and I am viewing same god from another angle. He is limitless after all 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 2:35 PM, Singh375 said:

Smadhi means ‘deep meditation’. Some people experience the mind becoming calm for the first time and call it smadhi. But this is like a child running with their arms out thinking they’re flying like ‘an aeroplane’. (It’s correct for their level of innocence, but not the real thing).Smadhi is actually when one enters dasam duar.

 

9 hours ago, Sat1 said:

Reality is that we are in 24/7 samadhi.

The world is a dream in the mind of the Creator. Humans should recognize the illusion, then maya doesn’t have much of a hold because it’s BS. 
 

We accept life and live it. It’s our choice.. we are not a slave to the illusion, it’s a slave to God/Us. That’s how you make maya your Bi*ch. 

 

Forget samadhi which is state of total surrender and a path which is necessary to merge ourselves in Him, we are very much far from it, for we are not even aware of our true self.

He is a pure state of: SAT-CHIT-ANAND, whilst we are vey much under karmas, mind, maya and vikars ....

We have forgotten our origin Waheguru, that´s why we are in constant pain and agony.

That is why Guru  Jee tells us : Nanak dukheeya sab sansaar, se sukheeya jhin Nam aadhaar.

He is telling us about our real current state of misery(chaurasee ka chakar) , and also reveals us a valid method to come out of it for once and ever.

He says, attach  yourself to that Consciouss Power of Nam by meditating upon it, which is the source of eternal peace and bliss, not only that, but also by engaging into that spiritual practice, our surtee merges and becomes one with that ultimate truth of Nam for once and forever.

SSA.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2020 at 5:09 PM, Singh375 said:

Naam simran takes you high, it’s a virtue of naam that it makes you humble

But anyway I’m not going to argue with you because I really like many of your posts 👍🏼

It could be you are viewing god from one angle and I am viewing same god from another angle. He is limitless after all 

True. In the end, everything is Naam, He is One.

 

Many perspectives on it but ultimately, He’s One the same. 🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use