22 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

If you can't see how colonisation impacted on hordes of the panths thinking, I think you're seriously missing the point. Sikhs knew that they need to protect and look after the panth's priorities prior to this.

If we had the wherewithal to help gairh-Sikhs (and even then not foolishly helping people/communities who are deeply inimical to us but show a façade that dimwitted people fall for), we should, but we aren't in that position. 

Panjab's economy is a joke, we've got ample wealth there but people back home have timidly normalised and accepted corruption now. As they commonly say: 'Ehdhaan sadha challda'. We don't have cash cows like natural gas, oil or minerals to bring in wealth from outside like some of the communities that apnay help!, so we have limited resources. Even when we help out, it's a show, very rarely does anyone talk about helping truly marginalised and oppressed people like the natives of America/Canada/Australia etc.   Probably because it wouldn't feed their egos like what they do does, and wouldn't play as well to mainstream media. 

Colonisation is a big issue for Sikhs because many retards in our quom celebrate their own subjugation, and think fighting for other people's causes (and that too, people who have suppressed and subjugated us) is right. This is the antecedent of the type of stupid thinking that has people ignoring the communities own needs and jumping on other bandwagons.   On top of this, there a global movement going on right now to confront the evils and impact of white colonialism and imperialism, and many of our lot are too slow to even grasp that, looking like docile apologists for this. 

I was reading something on the internet and came across this article and thought it may be of some interest to everyone here regarding their perspective on the impact of brutalities of colonisation upon India and its people.  Here is the link:-

https://www.myindiamyglory.com/2019/03/10/atrocities-on-indian-women-and-india-by-british-during-their-rule/

10 Mar 2019 — Raped Indian women were forcefully made prostitutes by British Christians. Prostitution houses were set up by the Britishers in 350 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These woke people will also be curtailing gun rights which may lead to restrictions on kirpaans.  And woke ppl support beadbi like inter religious and gay marriages. And may enforce them on relig

Unfortunately in this forum, some of us been posting about this issues for a while.... I don't mind if you want to help others, but then stop operating under 'Sikh charities' when Sikhi is not yo

And people want to talk about poverty, look at how India was stripped of wealth. Here 2800 silver bars were taken for ww2 but didn't make it back here. Now that they've found it, look at what they are doing with it. The pillaging is still going on.   

Treasure from the deep: Thousands of silver bars that were meant to fund Britain's WWII effort but were sunk by German U-boat FINALLY reach their destination - and will be sold as coins

• Merchant ship carrying silver from India for the war effort was sunk in 1941
  • Its cargo of 2,800 bars of silver has sat on the bed of the Atlantic ever since
  • Record-breaking bid to salvage the silver from three miles down a success
  • The Royal Mint is now making the metal into coins to remember the tragedy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2596785/Thousands-silver-bars-sunken-WWII-ship-sold-coins.html

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think you imagine some sort of paradise here. Sikhs have fought and asserted themselves since the 70s here. Facing violent attacks, blatant racism at work and on the streets. If Sikhs have a right to wear dastaars, it's because people fought and agitated for that right. If Sikhs have a good rep, its because of the previous generations moral code and work ethic and even impressive trade skills - which was the first point of contact between working Sikhs and the indigenous working class. So no, those of us who lived through this don't take this for granted, and given the increasingly open re-acceptance of racist behaviour here (not least fortified by the globally influential rhetoric of white Americans and their orange leader), we are also aware of the fact that things can very easily slip backwards here, and some suspect that that process has already begun. 

The insidious nature of the hidden antiSikh agenda here means that apnay are tolerated as long as they fall line and act in a docile fashion. Make noise about grooming and 1984 etc. and you're very quickly on the intelligence services hot list. 

Not only did the police turn a blind eye to grooming to the point where adults could park outside schools and groom girls, they also villainised any Sikhs trying to combat this, blacklisted from jobs, given disproportionate prison sentences, using the media to portray Sikhs as the 'trouble makers', enacting policies in the social services that pretty much delivered vulnerable girls to predators. Even now, they knowingly obfuscate the issue as an 'asian' one when they know full well exactly which 'asians' are disproportionately overrepresented in these cases.    Leftys are most guilty of this, even to the point the previous Labour leader sacked one his own councilors for daring to speak up against the rampant grooming in her constituency. This lefty indifference to vulnerable working class females played a big part in the rightward lurch, as people got fed up with it. That's why now, people who have for generations voted left, are now voting tories in droves. The leftys failed them and us, and are culpable for the current state of affairs. 

Like I said, Sikhs fought for their rights here, and some still continue to do so, and are targeted by the authorities and police.  'Wokeness' is now becoming a rallying cry for racists who are determined to continue with a system that is pretty much a rigged game against others. Lefty tactics have failed. 

Leftys are idiots who claim to speak for minorities when it is to their advantage. It was stupidity from their side that led to the growth and re-emergence of the far right. The imbalance of their thinking led to reactive rightward lurch we are seeing.  And no, those of us who are intimately familiar with the right-wing aren't unconcerned about it. 

I never said anything about life for Sikhs in the UK in the 70s, I was talking about the present day. I understand and respect the struggles that you all went through to get to the position where you are today. But I hope you all don't lose sight of the fact that the freedom and status that Sikhs enjoy in the UK today is very far from the norm. Sikhs in the US today are fighting battles that were settled in the UK decades ago (and without the benefit of a population density that gives Sikhs in the UK at least some visibility and political sway). But forget about the US. You don't have to go that far, you can just cross the English channel and see how precarious the position of Sikhs is in continental Europe.

Thanks for giving details about the grooming issue. Do you think this had to do with Labour being more concerned about the Muslim vote (as Muslims former a larger voting block than Sikhs) or political correctness? Or both? I concede that leftists sometimes go to far with political correctness and "canceling" in order to try to show how "fair" and "unbigoted" they are.

I am not going to question your take on the whole grooming issue. You know more about that than I do. But that seems to be a very specific situation in the UK. I stand by my general point that left-leaning people are by far the most likely to support the rights of vulnerable minorities (which is the category that Sikhs fall under almost everywhere).

I don't buy your point about a backlash to "wokeness" at all. I don't think that that is what is causing the growing popularity of far-right movements. The way information is shared and distorted today is radically different from what was the norm not very long ago, and that has been the game-changer that has led to today's division and polarization.

You seem to think that if the "woke" people would just be quiet, the racists would not have a "rallying cry". That is simply not true. First of all, those people will ALWAYS find something to complain about. (That has certainly been true throughout American history. If it has been less true in UK history, that is probably because the white British majority did not feel threatened by a sizable minority until relatively recently. See my second point.) Second of all, the complaints of the more hardcore right-wing racists increasingly resonate with the more "passive" racists as the majority community diminishes in size and feels more threatened. And third of all, as I alluded to before, today's media/information landscape will allow for any complaints to blow up and go viral.

Any time anyone from the non-majority community asks for anything, no matter how reasonable, there is going to be a backlash from the majority community. And in many instances, the non-majority community doesn't even have ask for anything or complain about anything to provoke a backlash. Their mere existence is enough. This is what history has shown us.

4 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

And people want to talk about poverty, look at how India was stripped of wealth. Here 2800 silver bars were taken for ww2 but didn't make it back here. Now that they've found it, look at what they are doing with it. The pillaging is still going on.   

Treasure from the deep: Thousands of silver bars that were meant to fund Britain's WWII effort but were sunk by German U-boat FINALLY reach their destination - and will be sold as coins

• Merchant ship carrying silver from India for the war effort was sunk in 1941
  • Its cargo of 2,800 bars of silver has sat on the bed of the Atlantic ever since
  • Record-breaking bid to salvage the silver from three miles down a success
  • The Royal Mint is now making the metal into coins to remember the tragedy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2596785/Thousands-silver-bars-sunken-WWII-ship-sold-coins.html

There is a law apparently that allows a 'finders keepers losers weepers' edict  so the merchant company had the right to enjoy their find. 

22 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

These woke people will also be curtailing gun rights which may lead to restrictions on kirpaans. 

And woke ppl support beadbi like inter religious and gay marriages. And may enforce them on religions.  

Like dally said, its best not to choose sides btw right and left. Best if we played both sides. So its good if we have sikhs on both sides as long as they dont bring those political divides btw sikhs

Right and left are two sides of the same coin. Left is just a little more humane, and less flashy with their wp. 

They take the core issues and divide them 50 50 to divide us roughly 50 50. 

• Like 1
On 6/14/2021 at 3:34 AM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

These woke people will also be curtailing gun rights which may lead to restrictions on kirpaans. 

And woke ppl support beadbi like inter religious and gay marriages. And may enforce them on religions.  

Like dally said, its best not to choose sides btw right and left. Best if we played both sides. So its good if we have sikhs on both sides as long as they dont bring those political divides btw sikhs

Exactly these are the ones im talking amount the amount of beadbi that come from them, they will be like they will bring our Gurus and they're wokeness into same light... ..

On 6/14/2021 at 3:58 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

Right and left are two sides of the same coin. Left is just a little more humane, and less flashy with their wp. 

They take the core issues and divide them 50 50 to divide us roughly 50 50. 

We are literally a minority of a minority...we don't even have that much of an impact on West let alone Global politics...Should just be neutral focus on or community and spreading Sikhi..Same way we get caught up between India - Pakistan Hinduvstas vs islamists....just stay at bay...I cant stand when you have groups like 'Sikhs for Trump' or 'Sikhs for biden'..super cringe ..You can chose to be left or right politics but Sikhi is beyond politics

We really are lacking leadership in our kaum today 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1
10 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

Exactly these are the ones im talking amount the amount of beadbi that come from them, they will be like they will bring our Gurus and they're wokeness into same light... ..

We are literally a minority of a minority...we don't even have that much of an impact on West let alone Global politics...Should just be neutral focus on or community and spreading Sikhi..Same way we get caught up between India - Pakistan Hinduvstas vs islamists....just stay at bay...I cant stand when you have groups like 'Sikhs for Trump' or 'Sikhs for biden'..super cringe ..You can chose to be left or right politics but Sikhi is beyond politics

We really are lacking leadership in our kaum today 

Amen Bhenji. If we focus on Gursikhi only sometimes that seems left or right but it's just it's own thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 6/14/2021 at 3:34 AM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Seriously, if it were legal for me to own guns I'd have like at least 20. I don't know what it is with a lot of US Sikhs that they don't arm and defend themselves, when it's your 'constitutional right'  (as the whites keep going on about!) Plus it's proper inline with Sikhi????

I mean if you're a taxi driver (given how many of them have got attacked over the years as Bin Ladens), and you had half a brain, you'd have concealed weapons license at the very least.   

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 7:35 AM, Ranjeet01 said:

Poor Sikhs like many of us Sikhs can be quite stubborn to ask for help. We have to help them in the right way not just give handouts.

Another thing I've seen is financially established Sikhs have contempt for their brethren who are struggling. What's strange is these to55ers will give opportunities to gairh-Sikhs, but when it comes to their own, they treat them like second rate citizens, like they want to keep them down instead of giving them a hand up. It's like ruthless competition within, and chaaploosian with those outside.  

That being said, even those who come up through this, go on to do the same thing when the ball is on the other foot.  Seems like text book sociopathy to me?