Do these beauty contests degrade women?

shastarSingh

5 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Wow.. City started mostly by retired Sikh army folks now overtaken by others. I guess they put huge entry barriers to buy there so Sikhs decided to settle down in Mohali area of Punjab. 

Most urban areas in Punjab are Hindu majority. Amritsar itself has more Hindus than Sikhs in it. 

14 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Wow.. City started mostly by retired Sikh army folks now overtaken by others. I guess they put huge entry barriers to buy there so Sikhs decided to settle down in Mohali area of Punjab. 

The only time Chandigarh area was majority Sikh was when it just the villages on which the city was eventually built. There are slums in Chandigarh populated with migrants which are periodically emptied and flats built by the Central Govt are allocated to these slum dwellers. This has increased the Hindu population over time. In the 1970s I think the Sikh population was over 25% which has been coming down and now about 13%. 

The resettlement of migrants in Chandigarh has turned a city that was essentially built on Punjab speaking villages into a Hindi majority city. Between 1991-2011 Hindi speakers grew from 392K to 776K while Punjabi speakers have only gone up from 222K to 232K! 

The lack of promotion of Punjabi can been seen from the 2nd language that migrants to the city speak apart from their own mother tongue on this table. 

After mother tongue, city more proficient in English

Even South Indians who are notorious for their opposition to Hindi are more likely to know Hindi as a second language than Punjabi! This is not just migrants, these are also people who have been settled in the city for many decades. 

On 12/14/2021 at 8:02 AM, shastarSingh said:

Punjabi girl has become miss universe.

But do these beauty contests objectify and degrade women?

A turbaned Sardar father watching his daughter in swimming costume......

they definitely degrade women.  doesn't matter if she won, she is still going to be seen in a bad nazar for the way she would have to dress to the globe.

On 12/14/2021 at 9:56 AM, shastarSingh said:

Harnaaz sandhu's father doing bhangra.

On 12/14/2021 at 12:05 PM, Kau89r8 said:

Thoughts on her being first 'Panjabi Sikh women to win Miss universe ??

just ignoring it to be honest, I am not making it go viral on my whatsapp.

On 12/14/2021 at 4:05 PM, dallysingh101 said:

She's still got a Panjabi nose though......lol

I think this is done purposefully to get into the heads of Panjabi Sikh girls and make them more 'modren'. How is she MIss Universe, theres prettier women than her in the supermarket? 

I wonder what she looks like without the make up? Probably average? 

she seems to look better in the pind video than she does in the miss universe atta! I think they also score you on answering questions. So the point is, why wear degenerate kapreh when you can beat them with brains? She looks decent in the suit in the video, no need to stoop down levels for tv, women should be able to wear desi suit to such events, to represent different cultures!

On 12/14/2021 at 4:17 PM, justasking said:

this is not good we Sikhs dont care about these peoples beauty pagents and typical it was a Jatt family on board with all this and that to from India lmao i feel Jatts are goreh of Punjab these days

some jatts were with the goray since colonial times. But I go home to punjab all the time and I cannot describe any jatts I meet there as being like foray, not even with the cringey 1950s haircuts!

On 12/14/2021 at 4:40 PM, dallysingh101 said:

At least she never used Kaur in her name though......not yet anyway.  I can't recall hearing the name Harnaaz ever before also??

some people have unique names

On 12/14/2021 at 4:41 PM, justasking said:

i meant out of all other punjabis jatts r the ones tryn to be most modern and western well at same time for some reason trying to put up facade of izzat when we got guys drinkin wit there dads not caring what there sisters do etc 

we got girls drinking with their dads now as well. In the pend this still doesn't happen due to izzat, in the uk jattis have caught up to this, previously kenya sikh girls and aunties were known for this lol!

Jatts in punjab try to be modern and western, however their thinking is anything but and still backwards.

On 12/14/2021 at 4:46 PM, Kau89r8 said:

sharab isn't even big deal anymore over there..its the nashe, open relationships (yes married man and women in open relationships) in Panjab

yet boyfriend girlfriend gham are still done in a hidden way from family over there LOL

On 12/14/2021 at 5:40 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

You shouldn’t marry someone without seeing them physically irl. 

yeh but what if they where lots of atta on their face like miss universe?

On 12/14/2021 at 5:57 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

For non-Sikhs and people who are not big into caste in the west, it really doesn’t matter if someone is Jatt or Khatri doing putte kam. 

true. but to be honest I am now seeing the sikh youth as well as jatt youth in the uk now, I am not sure how many of them recognise this as putteh gham anymore.  Many of the girls probably have nanghi type pics on insta, I am surprised at afghan sikh girls doing this now, I though they were more strict as they are all sardars and marry quite early!

On 12/14/2021 at 6:24 PM, Jai Tegang! said:

What a pathetic act by this father. This degenerate behaviour tends to snowball if not strongly objected to and freely ridiculed. The social consequences have to be real and severe to prevent this trash culture taking root. This whole entertainment industry is the modern day morphed form of the kotha brothel. The families who support their children, especially daughters, in these whoreshows need to experience everyday shame and feel rejection from society. Sounds harsh, but it works and has worked.

Only when their izzat is hit will they think twice. There has to be a price paid for  degenerate behavior. 

I mean the the only thing I can be happy about here is that at least she is dressed decently here.

On 12/14/2021 at 11:14 PM, dallysingh101 said:

As far as the rest of the world will see it, it will be a Sikh girl. They wont be breaking it down into jaats like many of our fudhoos do.  

it doesn't matter either way. it's still kinda behzti what a woman has to do at these contests

On 12/14/2021 at 11:31 PM, dallysingh101 said:

Thing is, now this women will be the envy of many other apneean females. Get umpteen lucrative deals for make up, perfume sponsorships etc.  rewarding and perpetuating this behaviour.  

that just sucks, now more women will try to dress nangi like beauty pageants. 

5 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

they definitely degrade women.  doesn't matter if she won, she is still going to be seen in a bad nazar for the way she would have to dress to the globe.

just ignoring it to be honest, I am not making it go viral on my whatsapp.

she seems to look better in the pind video than she does in the miss universe atta! I think they also score you on answering questions. So the point is, why wear degenerate kapreh when you can beat them with brains? She looks decent in the suit in the video, no need to stoop down levels for tv, women should be able to wear desi suit to such events, to represent different cultures!

some jatts were with the goray since colonial times. But I go home to punjab all the time and I cannot describe any jatts I meet there as being like foray, not even with the cringey 1950s haircuts!

some people have unique names

we got girls drinking with their dads now as well. In the pend this still doesn't happen due to izzat, in the uk jattis have caught up to this, previously kenya sikh girls and aunties were known for this lol!

Jatts in punjab try to be modern and western, however their thinking is anything but and still backwards.

yet boyfriend girlfriend gham are still done in a hidden way from family over there LOL

yeh but what if they where lots of atta on their face like miss universe?

true. but to be honest I am now seeing the sikh youth as well as jatt youth in the uk now, I am not sure how many of them recognise this as putteh gham anymore.  Many of the girls probably have nanghi type pics on insta, I am surprised at afghan sikh girls doing this now, I though they were more strict as they are all sardars and marry quite early!

I mean the the only thing I can be happy about here is that at least she is dressed decently here.

it doesn't matter either way. it's still kinda behzti what a woman has to do at these contests

that just sucks, now more women will try to dress nangi like beauty pageants. 

Should not be these types of 'beauty contest' at all. They probably started with just based on face. Over time, it's become about the body.

Same for men, shouldn't have these contests.

6 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Should not be these types of 'beauty contest' at all. They probably started with just based on face. Over time, it's become about the body.

but they still seem to win on brains, no? I remember one time when India won Miss World one  time, I am sure she won on brains rather than beauty, probably the same for Miss Universe this time...

Nice views of former miss Israel

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-2021-should-miss-universe-still-be-a-thing-those-involved-weigh-in/

Linor Abargil, a former Miss Israel who went on to win the Miss World contest — a similar but separate pageant — in 1998, came out against Israel’s decision to host the competition.

“The year is 2021 and women are walking in bathing suits while people objectify them and choose the one who will be Miss Universe — really??” Abargil wrote on Instagram. “It’s simply a disgrace that our girls have to live, even today, with the idea of external approval of their bodies.”

6 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Nice views of former miss Israel

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-2021-should-miss-universe-still-be-a-thing-those-involved-weigh-in/

Linor Abargil, a former Miss Israel who went on to win the Miss World contest — a similar but separate pageant — in 1998, came out against Israel’s decision to host the competition.

“The year is 2021 and women are walking in bathing suits while people objectify them and choose the one who will be Miss Universe — really??” Abargil wrote on Instagram. “It’s simply a disgrace that our girls have to live, even today, with the idea of external approval of their bodies.”

More importantly we need to know whether they are trans and what surgical procedures they've gone through. Same as athletes need to prove they're not taking drugs to enhance their performance, these woe men need to assure they're deserving candidates. 

Otherwise it's an open mockery of women per se leading to the eventual destruction of society as most real women are under 5' 6" and most of these are almost 6' tall. 

There's a whole industry on subverting the sexes, and encouraging children as young as 3 to change sex and partake in competitions giving them unfair advantage.