dancing

S1ngh

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excersise! hahaaha LOL.gif

thats a wicked excuse, because Sikhs are meant to be fit and strong, lets all dance and party, i mean its excersise at the end of the day!

<_< wrong!

ANYTHING that takes you away from Sikhi, away from Vaheguru, is named maya. Money and slick cars aren't maya, unless they take you away from akal pukh. The same with dancing and gidha. Funny thing is, some aunties ive seen breath in and out, like its their last breath, when they can be doing simran, instead of wasting it!

bhul chuf mafi.

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

well i love dancing! its soo much fun! its a good work out too! i dont' see how its bad! unless its dirty which i don't do! well its also ao good stress reliever and its just good funnnnnnnnnnnnn! nice way of expressing onesslef!

and the competition is crazyyyyyyyyy

--one

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

If you want to get good exercise why not do gatka??!! No spiritual gain is achieved by dancing, so y waste ur time and energy doing it? Will dancing get u closer to God? Will it make u a better person? Will it help you break ur cylce of reincarnation??

I dont know, I guess its your own choice if you want to dance or not, but this is what Guru Ji says about dancing:

"...they dance and dance and jump all around, but they only suffer in terrible pain.

By dancing and jumping, devotional worship is not performed..."

"Jumping up and down like a monkey does not make the Lord happy"

"Nachan Tapan Man ka Chao"

"...O humble servant of the Lord, let your dancing be meditation on the Lord, Har, Har..."

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

well i love dancing! its soo much fun! its a good work out too! i dont' see how its bad! unless its dirty which i don't do! well its also ao good stress reliever and its just good funnnnnnnnnnnnn! nice way of expressing onesslef!

and the competition is crazyyyyyyyyy

--one

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

:TH:

i do that too blush.gif

rockon.gif :wub: high5.gif

i dun see nethin wrong wit dancin as long as u dun grind on the guy/gurl or u knw wha i mean

good clean dancing once in a while is ok ..

. :wub:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

If you want to get good exercise why not do gatka??!! No spiritual gain is achieved by dancing, so y waste ur time and energy doing it? Will dancing get u closer to God? Will it make u a better person? Will it help you break ur cylce of reincarnation??

I dont know, I guess its your own choice if you want to dance or not, but this is what Guru Ji says about dancing:

"...they dance and dance and jump all around, but they only suffer in terrible pain.

By dancing and jumping, devotional worship is not performed..."

"Jumping up and down like a monkey does not make the Lord happy"

"Nachan Tapan Man ka Chao"

"...O humble servant of the Lord, let your dancing be meditation on the Lord, Har, Har..."

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Will gatka get u closer to God? Will it make u a better person? Will it help you break ur cylce of reincarnation??

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I don't think your allowed because once you take amrit your representing Guru Gobind Singh Jee. Would you ever see our father dancing to bhangra, no he would never. We are Guru Gobind Singh Jee's ambassadors think of it like that. When ever your gonna do something, always think to yourself would Guru sahib do this, what would he think of me.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Dancing is fine, unless you do those abdominal thrusts like in the bollywood films ( you know what I mean :wub: ).

When you dance with pals, family, it can be awesome.

I'm sure even Puratan Singhs would shake a leg at the weddings of their children.

As long as it isn't dirty, dancing is fine.

Mahavir what you said was a opinion, Guru Sahib tells us not too dance. We are making our own rules up these days, we can can not dance. If you want to exercise do gatka, go for a jog and many other things. Why dance? Sikhs are meant to remember Vaaheguroo all the time, i don't think it's right dancing and chanting Vaaheguroo.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!