degradation of kirtan

drawrof

smartsingh24 wrote:

If that is what you call those with a love of god greater than the threat of hell, then that is what i will be.

So disobedience is love, and disobedient love should be rewarded over hukam rajai chalna?

I heard mone say the same thing about the kesh issue.

Chardi Kala

May you all find peace

Vahigurujikakhalsa

Vahigurujikifateh

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, smart singh, i think we can all say, that Raag Keertan ideally is how keertan should be done, that is why guru ji wrote the raags in gurbani...

but that being said if someone does not know raag keertan, singing gurbani in anyway is fine. (gruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, is not bani thoh)....

but anywyas i think ppl are arguing over nothing... we should all strive to learn raag, and if someone is not blessed with raag vidhiya well other types of keertan are still better than nothing... they are still singing the praises of god...

but yea at the end i think we can all agree the ultimate way to do keertan is the way guru ji wanted it to be...

If that is what you call those with a love of god greater than the threat of hell, then that is what i will be.

101715[/snapback]

If you Love God and Maharaaj so much then wouldn’t you want to do what Maharaaj has prescribed as far as Kirtan is concerned?

This isn’t an attack towards you; I’m just interested in where you’re coming from as far as your comments are concerned.

show me where in gurbani it is said to do it according to this tune or this stuff or that. only fools get messed up by picking on people for doing kirtan according to this or that. I DONT DO KIRTAN ACCORDING TO RAAG, I LEARN FROM A RAGI, AND I WILL NEVER DO KIRTAN ACCORDING TO RAAG, AND MY TEACHER IS COMPLETELY CONFIDENT IN ME.

i find the following shabad to be very apropos for the occasion:

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=3368

specifically:

kwhU ibhwvY byd Aru bwid ]

kaahoo bihaavai baedh ar baadh ||

Some pass their lives in arguments and debates about scriptures.

sMq rcy kyvl nwm murwrI ]2]

sa(n)th rachae kaeval naam muraaree ||2||

The Saints are absorbed only in the Name of the Lord. ||2||

And

kwhU ibhwvY jog qp pUjw ]

kaahoo bihaavai jog thap poojaa ||

Some pass their lives in Yoga, strict meditation, worship and adoration.

kwhU rog sog BrmIjw ]

kaahoo rog sog bharameejaa ||

Some, in sickness, sorrow and doubt.

kwhU pvn Dwr jwq ibhwey ]

kaahoo pavan dhhaar jaath bihaaeae ||

Some pass their lives practicing control of the breath.

sMq ibhwvY kIrqnu gwey ]4]

sa(n)th bihaavai keerathan gaaeae ||4||

The Saints pass their lives singing the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises. ||4||

And

jqu ko lwieAw iqq hI lgwnw ]

jith ko laaeiaa thith hee lagaanaa ||[/size]

As the Lord attaches us, so we are attached.

nw ko mUVu nhI ko isAwnw ]

naa ko moorr nehee ko siaanaa ||

No one is foolish, and no one is wise.

kir ikrpw ijsu dyvY nwau ] nwnk qw kY bil bil jwau ]8]3]

kar kirapaa jis dhaevai naao || naanak thaa kai bal bal jaao ||8||3||

Nanak is a sacrifice, a sacrifice to those who are blessed by His Grace to receive His Name. ||8||3||

i love that shabad, kinda somes up everything :doh:

I listened to this 2nd part..who are these people?? are they posssessed or something with evil spirit???

i couldn't beleive my ears, this is such a mockery of Guru Maharaj Kirtan...distortation of word- Vahiguroo.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrugrrrrrrrrrrr....what is that man?? this is even worse than bhangra..actually can't compare with bhangra...atleast bhangra have its cultural hertiage!!!!!!!!!

what a load of ******!

101574[/snapback]

BECAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY! Look at bhai randir singh jee, a great gursikh, he did kirtan this way with the sangat doing even more grruuuus then nowadays, this is what happens when in bliss. Randhir Singh ji had darshan of waheguru ji, did waheguru say what you're doing is wrong? NO! and so waheguru was pleased of his gursikhs doing raensbhais, also bhai rama singh went to raesnbhais and didnt object!

Your comment has deeply hurt me.

Guest Akaal108
I listened to this 2nd part..who are these people?? are they posssessed or something with evil spirit???

i couldn't beleive my ears, this is such a mockery of Guru Maharaj Kirtan...distortation of word- Vahiguroo.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrugrrrrrrrrrrr....what is that man?? this is even worse than bhangra..actually can't compare with bhangra...atleast bhangra have its cultural hertiage!!!!!!!!!

what a load of ******!

101574[/snapback]

BECAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY! Look at bhai randir singh jee, a great gursikh, he did kirtan this way with the sangat doing even more grruuuus then nowadays, this is what happens when in bliss. Randhir Singh ji had darshan of waheguru ji, did waheguru say what you're doing is wrong? NO! and so waheguru was pleased of his gursikhs doing raensbhais, also bhai rama singh went to raesnbhais and didnt object!

Your comment has deeply hurt me.

101757[/snapback]

I must defend what is right. If it works for bhai randhir singh ji and bhai rama singh ji..cheers to them...it's not expectional rule.

You can show me one historic example- where kirtanee's in the sangat has yelled/screamed & distorted word- Vahiguroo in front of Guru Maharaj while Guru Maharaj sitting on its throne before Guru Gaddi was given to siri guroo granth sahib ji.

You probably remember how Guru Har Rai excommunicated his own as ram rai from the panth when he distored gurbani infront of mughal.

If you can show me one example i ll back off from my rational argument which 1- screaming/yelling in Guru Maharaj Darbar 2. Distorting of Mantar - Vahiguroo.