Sikh Girls Going Out With Muslims

Guest militant singh

I think we need to renormalise physical training for Sikh blokes with an emphasis on both physical fitness and prowess. According to Giani Gian Singh this was a norm for all Sikhs (not only those in the army) up until the end of the Sikh kingdom.

But all this has to come with psychological development too. People need to get streetwise. And I think the sisters above have highlighted a really important issue with self-fixation. Like you get a lot of 'metrosexual' type young brothers these days who are fit and strong but mentally and behaviourally they are quite well....how do I say it....effeminate.

I don't agree with those meek guys being stronger by the way, they are the ones who sit out all altercations out of fear or selfishness. But on the other hand the loud mothed, drinking pendu 'bwaah bwaah' type mentality is not only problematic in that such people usually end up only fighting with other apnay, it's also embarrassing and cringe worthy to behold.

I think we need to renormalise physical training for Sikh blokes with an emphasis on both physical fitness and prowess. According to Giani Gian Singh this was a norm for all Sikhs (not only those in the army) up until the end of the Sikh kingdom.

But all this has to come with psychological development too. People need to get streetwise. And I think the sisters above have highlighted a really important issue with self-fixation. Like you get a lot 'metrosexual' type young brothers these days who are fit and strong but mentally and behaviorally they are quite well....how do I say it....effeminate.

I don't agree with those meek guys being stronger by the way, they are the ones who sit out all altercations out of fear or selfishness. But on the other hand the loud mothed, drinking pendu 'bwaah bwaah' type mentality is not only problematic in that such people usually end up only fighting with other apnay, it's also embarrassing and cringe worthy to behold.

surely both sexes need to be training up ? Just bought a book 'warrior' by Geoff Thompson for the boys to explain in menspeak what I would like them to understand 'Dukh Daru sukh rog bhaia' it is the difficulties and challenges which keep us to the task of the life mission , the ease of technology and living in the West makes us manmatti. We need to challenge ourselves, push beyond our limits not be lit matchsticks instead of our true roop illahi noor.

I agree that the meek ones are usually the ones who are deep thinkers and will be more likely to respect all women ...a thing we all want to encourage. Bhainji what would you recommend to them to strengthen their internal and physical strength without getting into the trap of fixation on self?

I'd recommend every human to practice good qualities, be watchful of any negativity in their mind, and to strengthen their desire to help others.

surely both sexes need to be training up ? Just bought a book 'warrior' by Geoff Thompson for the boys to explain in menspeak what I would like them to understand 'Dukh Daru sukh rog bhaia' it is the difficulties and challenges which keep us to the task of the life mission , the ease of technology and living in the West makes us manmatti. We need to challenge ourselves, push beyond our limits not be lit matchsticks instead of our true roop illahi noor.

Of course. I think in the past Sikh women lived much more physical lives than now, albeit helping in farms, carrying stuff about, long walks as no cars/public transport, grinding with chakki to make atta, ridking milk to make malai etc.

The problem is (as you've alluded) comfort. How do get people to relinquish that! Sikh success is bringing in a whole new set of problems.

• 3 years later...

Fast forward to 2019 and the problem is way worse. More  Sikh girls are aware of Muslim guys being really sly. Although the trashy ones will still date them. However more Sikh girls are running off with white guys (this one is huge). I’ve also heard about  Sikh girls with black guys in night clubs too. Situation is really bad here in the states with most Sikhs marrying out despite being first generation. At least in the UK most first generation Sikhs all stuck together. Heck there’s 3rd generation Sikhs in the UK. Which I really respect. You guys are lucky over in the UK..I see far and I mean far more Punjabi/Sikh couples. Thanks to Sikh Youth UK and other awareness groups. In the states there’s nothing like that. Most Sikhs mainly the girls are so out of touch with culture despite being 1st generation. The Sikh community in the UK is a lot stronger considering it’s been around for years.

8 hours ago, Singh12 said:

Fast forward to 2019 and the problem is way worse. More  Sikh girls are aware of Muslim guys being really sly. Although the trashy ones will still date them. However more Sikh girls are running off with white guys (this one is huge). I’ve also heard about  Sikh girls with black guys in night clubs too. Situation is really bad here in the states with most Sikhs marrying out despite being first generation. At least in the UK most first generation Sikhs all stuck together. Heck there’s 3rd generation Sikhs in the UK. Which I really respect. You guys are lucky over in the UK..I see far and I mean far more Punjabi/Sikh couples. Thanks to Sikh Youth UK and other awareness groups. In the states there’s nothing like that. Most Sikhs mainly the girls are so out of touch with culture despite being 1st generation. The Sikh community in the UK is a lot stronger considering it’s been around for years.

I suspected there was a lot of messy things going on in the panth in the states undercover! hhmmmm.... 

Things weren't handed on a plate for the UK Sikhs, some had to fight to get to where we are now.

My family has just started it's fifth generation here btw.