"sikh" Pride Video....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Therefore when one follows only the SGGS ji, how can you say they are not a Sikh? you can say they are not khalsa.. but saying they are not Sikhs is daft if you look at it logically.
Yes -- logic.

Do you think expressing your Sikh identity should be manifested in aspiring to keeping Kesh first of all, or producing ego driven Tupac Shakur videos that project Sikhi as a form of Gangsta Rap, probably something like, I don't know, Wu Tang Clan or something?

Logic tells you that that is what I was commenting on.

Logic tells you there is code for the expression of Sikh identity.

It begins with being humble and keeping kesh.

That is logical. Don't you reckon?

And yes a little prem in your posts would be nice, most if not all your posts have been full of hate and anger. Seems like you need to do quite alot of reflecting and naam simran, might i suggest
sikh_supreme, you really make me laugh :TH:

Last time you were so full of spleen and anger you lost control of your mind and started accusing me of being a 'Hindu' RSS supporter! Egg on your face has placified you that's good. I hold no grudges for you losing control, but you should know that I do naam simran every day, and am full of love for all, even when I express myself forcefully.

Guru Fateh

Where in SGGS ji it says you must keep kesh to be a Sikh? Where does it says you must wear the 5 k's to be a Sikh? No where! the Khalsa is a Sikh who has achieved saint-soldier identity thus wearing the 5k's. Lack of Kesh does NOT make you less of a Sikh of the eternal guru (SGGS ji) , learn the difference.

As for anger and "spleen" you alleged I had when acussing you of being a RSS supporter well that is your own mindset. I had no anger in my posts :@ you may go through the posts and see me laughing at your hedious remarks. You evidently have a anger problem, maybe in your personal life you feel frustrated with some issues. My advice to people like you bro/sis... would be stay out of political religious discussions if you cant control your emotions.

Having said that, the video on youtube is not about Sikhi... as the user has stated in his description on it. As far as i am concerned its just another video by moneh sikh youth proud of his sikh identity, yes SIKH IDENTITY not necessarily khalsa identity. What will you achieve constently crying on forums and shouting abuse on topics you feel passionate about? you just make yourself look like an emtional wreak.

Some of you people really are the most depressing people on the net, instead of being excited by youths cyring out for identity... even if they express it in wrong way ...some of you lot (who shall remain nameless) want to bash them, abuse them insted of reasoning with them and giving them other ways of showing pride. Pathetic!

i agree with the above.

some people here are too obessed with outward appearance, whilst i acknowledge the utmost importance of it to our faith, it is coupled WITH good character i.e. NO EGO which many seem to have

people were attracted to the gurus by love, compassion and knowledge not through constant and instant criticisms

sant jarnail singh ji, although at times spoke harshly against monas, he did also speak to them with love, humour and compassion.

we should all learn and embrace all. we should also realise that it impossible to make anyone (let alone everyone) like the way we want them to be. let them come naturally through love and a quest for knowledge. postive thinking is what is needed. are we not always in chadi kalah!? so why is that you find so many depressing negative backward thinking (i assume young) sikhs on this website?

you should be proud. look at us. 500 years, no country of our own yet we are recognised in every major country in the world. we are distinct ( i recognise through our appearance) but also through our character, our passion. remember we are only 25 million. world population is approx 6 billion.

it is through the guru's grace

the thing is since a good number of sikhs are monas you cant go isolating them by abusing them

one must remember bhai nand lal

Bhai Nand Lal Singh would have taken Amrit. He was affectionatly called Lal Ji by Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj.

In history we have recorded many names incorrectly:

Mata Sundari Ji --> Mata Jeeto --> Mata Ajit Kaur Ji

Bhai Jeta Ji --> Bhai Jeevan Singh Ji

Bhai Nand Lal Ji --> Bhai Nand Lal Singh Ji

Baba Ram Kuar Ji --> Baba Gurbakhsh Singh Ji

Mado Das --> Baba Banda Singh Bahadur --> Baba Gurbakhsh Singh Ji

Mai Bhago --> Mata Bhaag Kaur Ji

Mata Gujari --> Mata Gujar Kaur Ji

Kavi Sainapat --> Bhai Saina Singh Ji

the thing is since a good number of sikhs are monas you cant go isolating them by abusing them

one must remember bhai nand lal

Guru Gobind Singh was pleased with seva by Bhai Dala and told him to ask for anything he wanted. Bhai Dala asked to have a place in Guruji's Charan in Sachkhand. Guruji refused and said ask for anything else from riches to raj to Mukti. However Bhai Dala only wanted a place in Guruji's charan. Guru Gobind Singh Ji said to him that only Amritdharis can have this blessing.......Bhai Dala took amrit immediately.

Its that simple. Guruji blesses the whole world but to be close to guruji you must follow his way.

As for anger and "spleen" you alleged I had when acussing you of being a RSS supporter well that is your own mindset. I had no anger in my posts you may go through the posts and see me laughing at your hedious remarks. You evidently have a anger problem, maybe in your personal life you feel frustrated with some issues. My advice to people like you bro/sis... would be stay out of political religious discussions if you cant control your emotions.

Sikh_Supreme, you're advice is irrelevant because it just is pure nonsense. I understand your feelings of humiliation with all that egg dripping down your face from last time to the extent that you try and patronise and condescend to me now, in order to salvage some self esteem after you made yourself look so foolish with your silly accusations back then. That's fine, you're not mature enough to forget about it and you hold grudges, your pride is hurt, I understand.

In my personal life I take care of a family, bring my work home almost every night from the office, look after my parents, cherish my children, work for a living, follow Manchester United, visit the Gurdwara, what do you do? Do you even have a job or are you student? Do you want to continue with personal attacks on me? Do you really want to go down that road? I have no personal problems and hold no personal grudge against you at all, and I am a content man --- I have a large loving family, a wife I love, children I read stories to at bedtime, friends I play football with when I get the time, I am a happy and peace loving man.

Akaash and Sarbloh articulated good responses and I agree with them.

As for anger and "spleen" you alleged I had when acussing you of being a RSS supporter well that is your own mindset. I had no anger in my posts you may go through the posts and see me laughing at your hedious remarks. You evidently have a anger problem, maybe in your personal life you feel frustrated with some issues. My advice to people like you bro/sis... would be stay out of political religious discussions if you cant control your emotions.

Sikh_Supreme, you're advice is irrelevant because it just is pure nonsense. I understand your feelings of humiliation with all that egg dripping down your face from last time to the extent that you try and patronise and condescend to me now, in order to salvage some self esteem after you made yourself look so foolish with your silly accusations back then. That's fine, you're not mature enough to forget about it and you hold grudges, your pride is hurt, I understand.

In my personal life I take care of a family, bring my work home almost every night from the office, look after my parents, cherish my children, work for a living, follow Manchester United, visit the Gurdwara, what do you do? Do you even have a job or are you student? Do you want to continue with personal attacks on me? Do you really want to go down that road? I have no personal problems and hold no personal grudge against you at all, and I am a content man --- I have a large loving family, a wife I love, children I read stories to at bedtime, friends I play football with when I get the time, I am a happy and peace loving man.

Akaash and Sarbloh articulated good responses and I agree with them.

Prem, its up to you if you want to take my advice or not.... it doesnt bother me if you dont. My advice regarding your angry and hateful posts was given in good faith was not to belittle you. I understand after reflecting you might have relized the errors of your ways but to save face you want to continue the pretence and uphold your ego claim you are happy and peaceful yet evidently in your posts you seem you have problems and need to vent your useless frustrations on here. I have a good successful profession in the IT industry, have good circle of friends and family am happy with whatever waheguru ji blesses me with.

Regarding the video, instead of crying on the forum, why not do something proactive something useful to give the kid who made the video an alternative way to express sikh pride. But no, we have haters who want to bring down our youth, want to bash them at every oppertunity than give them gudience ...