Destruction Of Sikhi By The Uk Youth

bhai sahib ji

I want to know what have you done about it? have you approach the couple on stage? why are you letting this happen if you know about it and if your older enough.

Seem people of your age are quick to point the finiger at others.

Removal of hair we need to support our sisters and give them the courage to continue in there rehit.

Again with B/F and G/F thing if you see this happening talk to a gursikh who knows them or approach them with pyar.

Sikhi is still growing stronger as it was then singh ji but people like you want something to say and want to be looked up to but just full of nindiya and hunkar i think.

Why not give soultion on how you would like to improve things lol

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good reply JustME bhainjee,
Ye, sorry I forgot Judging people and distorting Bani to project a narrow mindset is totally “the moral crusade” and the cure people so long for.

Hitler also had good intentions.

How has he distorted gurbaaNee? If you have such gyaan of gurbaaNee then share what you think those tuks mean? If they mean something else I will agree, people are so quick to point fingures instead of working towards a solution, the warrior, I don't mean to attack you or your views but this is the outlook that is digging a bigger hole for us.

Bhul chuk muaaf.

I don’t have any Gian, but I do have some common sense,

Very well, one example

guramukh rom rom har dhhiaavai ||

The Gurmukh meditates on the Lord with every hair of his body

This is metaphoric language, its got nothing to do with Bibia and what they decide to do with their body hair. Its not literal. It’s this sort of mentality that put people off.

Nothing the poster has enlightened on here has dug any type of hole for me, how people choose to live is entirely up to them, consciously or unconsciously freedom of will is fundamental no two persons Karma is alike therefore what applies to one does not necessarily apply to others.

If you want to reach out to people it should be unconditional, anything else is false.

Just to respond to some of the comments which have been made, which I feel I need to give clarity on.

I want to know what have you done about it? have you approach the couple on stage? why are you letting this happen if you know about it and if your older enough.

Seem people of your age are quick to point the finiger at others.

Removal of hair we need to support our sisters and give them the courage to continue in there rehit.

Again with B/F and G/F thing if you see this happening talk to a gursikh who knows them or approach them with pyar.

Sikhi is still growing stronger as it was then singh ji but people like you want something to say and want to be looked up to but just full of nindiya and hunkar i think.

Why not give soultion on how you would like to improve things lol

Morakh Ji. As I said in my post I along with others have approached numerous people with pyar yet we are faced with the fact that these actions are considered normal and as such we are challenged in reverse as to how dare we say anything. Because they are considered the norm everyone is accepting of those actions. My intention is not to point fingers hence why I have not referred to any individuals within the posting.

My intention is also not to speak for the sake of speaking but to highlight a huge problem which we all know exists, but for some reason are silent on these points. I do not recall doing any nindiya in my post and I am humbly seeking guidance as to why we are in the situation we are faced with today.

I am also very pleased that THE WARRIOR has also given his view since in the response below are the key excuses given by those who are doing all these things. To respond to his acquisition of distorting Gurbani, that is not my intention and if any thukh has been used out of context then he should highlight it. The thukh guramukh rom rom har dhhiaavai || referes to bibia and singh not just one party. From sakhia I have read and heard with respect to spiritually enlighted individuals, this thukh is not metaphorical but it is literal. In that you can hear gurmantar from their raum. If the language was metaphorical what is it that Guru Ji is trying to refer to then, what updesh is being given?

I don’t have any Gian, but I do have some common sense,

Very well, one example

guramukh rom rom har dhhiaavai ||

The Gurmukh meditates on the Lord with every hair of his body

This is metaphoric language, its got nothing to do with Bibia and what they decide to do with their body hair. Its not literal. It’s this sort of mentality that put people off.

Nothing the poster has enlightened on here has dug any type of hole for me, how people choose to live is entirely up to them, consciously or unconsciously freedom of will is fundamental no two persons Karma is alike therefore what applies to one does not necessarily apply to others.

If you want to reach out to people it should be unconditional, anything else is false.

Above I perceive we have an example of the type of belief which is leading to the current endemic. I have heard numerous times from people who I have approached to discuss their actions how it is their own karma. However in Sikhi when we give our head we loose our freedom of will or don’t we? Karma refers to previous deeds. This is where Guru Nank Dev Ji States:

jo mai keeaa so mai paaeiaa dhos n dheejai avar janaa ||21||

Whatever I did, for that I have suffered; I do not blame anyone else.

Sikhi is also not unconditional. There are numerous conditions given when we take amrit. There are also numerous handwritten Hukamnamae from the Gurus which also give orders on what Sikhs should do. So how can applying conditions be false? The biggest condition we have is from Guru Ram Das:

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhalakae out(h) har naam dhhiaavai ||

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

It shocks me that a lot of the lead youth parcharks are in relationships or trying to get into a relationship. I won’t name names but a so called chardikala kirtani sits on stages with a bibi who is known to be dating him.

lollllllllllll standard :s

If we truly believe that Guru Gobind Singh Ji is our father how can we go into a venue where there is alcohol and partake in dancing for the pleasure of our maan? Does this again go back to kaam so that you can attract a partner?

BRUAHH! Chak Deh Dholiiaa!!

I made an effort to attend all three of these camps last summer and discovered that the majority of the parchar happens informally in the rooms and around the camp by people who advocate that there is nothing wrong to adopt the modern version of Sikhi of having relationships and partying.

Oye hanjee sohniyo

All I can do is beg that the Sikh Youth of today wake up to their actions and what damage it is doing. I would also urge the youth parchark to reflect strongly upon their own actions
me nai hatna tu jorr lahla! :D

mwah xx

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

The original poster has made some good points regarding dancing/kes etc.

My reason for posting though is to highlight a worrying trend I have come across in the mindset of the 21st Century Sikh youth, which is advocated and supported via this forum.

I don't think any of the Admin/Moderators on Sikhsangat advocate the so-called mindset of the 21st Century Sikh Youth. A lot of people/youth's opinions on this site are individual, and everyone is on different rungs of the ladder so it is hard and unfair to censor anyone whose opinion is not in accordance with our understanding of Sikhi.

In my mind this distortion of Sikhi has propagated since the establishment of Sikhi Camp, Khalsa Camp and Sikh Student Camp. I acknowledge that the sevadaars involved in all of these camps do so to propagate Sikhi. However if we look at the outcomes from these camps there is very little positive life changing impact that occurs. I made an effort to attend all three of these camps last summer and discovered that the majority of the parchar happens informally in the rooms and around the camp by people who advocate that there is nothing wrong to adopt the modern version of Sikhi of having relationships and partying. These individuals are destroying all of the positive parchar which happens in the formal environment of the camps.

thats news to me and i was there.

Ditto.

If, from your experience, you think this is the case perhaps it would be wise to contact the sevadaars and organisers of these events directly. Then maybe more could be done in the camps to talk about the issues you mentioned as well as the parchaar done by those who advocate Manmat.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh