Interview Of Sikh Girl Who Used To Have Mulsim Boyfreind

Hammertime007

The best way I have found is personally is educating girls on the present Sikh Struggle on 1984 , that gives them a sense of identity and security as long as you be direct on the threat from Hindustan and the need for freedom from Sikhs from there move on to the UK Threats Muslims,Hindus marrying our girls and using and abusing them once you do that they will understand how weak we are as a community and most realise the need to be pro Sikh and to stay in Sikhi ,girls who don't even want to know ,well what can we do ? Show them a few videos of Sikhs being slaughtered from 1984 to the present day make them aware of their separate identity ,make them proud of their shaheeds ,make them realise we are a fighting nation fighting for freedom.

Sorry to say shock and awe is the most effective way ,lets not beat around the bush

I disagree totally; you have start with the most basic but the mist important. Which would be

Mool Mantra – (Translated)

Names of the Gurus

Significant Contributions by each Guru, i.e. Guru Nanak –‘s basic beliefs , Guru Amar Das further institutionalized Langar, Guru Arjan Dev laid the foundation of the Harmandir Sahib and first shaeed Guru, Guru Gobind Singh created the Khlasa, along with all other contribution each of each Guru. These basic things.

Values of Sikhi which people can easily inforce, Kirt Karo Vand Shacko, Naam Jappo.

The above is where you start 84 and history comes after.

I disagree totally; you have start with the most basic but the mist important. Which would be

Mool Mantra – (Translated)

Names of the Gurus

Significant Contributions by each Guru, i.e. Guru Nanak –'s basic beliefs , Guru Amar Das further institutionalized Langar, Guru Arjan Dev laid the foundation of the Harmandir Sahib and first shaeed Guru, Guru Gobind Singh created the Khlasa, along with all other contribution each of each Guru. These basic things.

Values of Sikhi which people can easily inforce, Kirt Karo Vand Shacko, Naam Jappo.

The above is where you start 84 and history comes after.

I also agree with what your saying ,but in my experience they seem to find all that out themselves after becoming aware of their identity/history - that seems to be the catalyst .The majority will not be bothered if the were told the mool mantars meaning on its own sadly they seem to find all that boring.We have to couple the basic side with present day and our shaheeds to have a IMPACT on their minds and explain why the Shaheeds gave Shaheedi ,what made them so strong - ie:Gurbani,Faith in the Guru and so on

Also, tailor the message so that it speaks to people's modern outlooks. We really are very fortunate to have such a forward-thinking faith such as Sikhi. Some of the concepts to be found in our religion were really ahead of their time, but we just haven't been able to "package" it (as horrible and as calculated as that sounds) to the masses.

The albatross around our collective necks - Panjabi culture (I'm referring to the negatives aspects which dominate. Not all of it is heinous) - is probably what's been holding us back, and thus has adversely affected the Sikh faith too. Had Sikhi originated in - for example - in a non-third world country I think it would've been absolutely huge by this time. I genuinely believe the message of Sikhi is so strong and universal, that if our Gurus had left the faith in the hands of more capable, culturally progressive leaders we'd be on top of the world by now.

Had Sikhi originated in - for example - in a non-third world country I think it would've been absolutely huge by this time.

I think it was sent where it was needed most at that time and had a dramatic effect on the region at first. What seems to have subsequently happened is that having overcome the extermination threat from Moghuls etc. a lot of Panjabi pendus have slyly thought "we can go back to all our previous backward thinking now" and so the panth goes. Make you wonder if they really ever were interested in the faith outside of the social/political/economic benefit they could accrue from it?

I genuinely believe the message of Sikhi is so strong and universal, that if our Gurus had left the faith in the hands of more capable, culturally progressive leaders we'd be on top of the world by now.

We've become tied to rural Panjabi politics/culture so much, its like a ball and chain in the 21st century in my opinion.

Religion although very important is not everything in helping stop this crisis od girls going with any tom <banned word filter activated> and harry.

The reason muslim girls are less premicious is not just down to religion. its a cultrual trait.

grils eloping with muslims must be stopped. but can the girls be blamed?? if these girls are not being taught about being dencent and stickeing to sikhism. then the only ones are to blame are the parents. muslims parents are way more strict with their kids. they teach them right fom wrong. but what are some sikh parents doing? although they seem to care about is a glassy and a bit of bhangra.

g=foregt bhangra and glassi. educate kids. stop them from going with other relgions. sikh girls have no excuse also. theres plenty of sikh girls out their. unfortunatley we have have very youn and naive girls of the ages of 14 to 19 who are openly mixing with muslims boys.

would you get a muslim girl going and mixing with a group of sikh guys? the reason being the muslim girls has been taught by her parents. plus she will be sacred of her parents. on the other hand sikhs girls have no fear of their parents beacuss they are way to lax with their kids.

treatment. it all has to start with the parents and oldr brothers. but unfortunatley when there is a sikh girl who has no older brother looking out for her. this is when she can be vunerable to muslims. muslims seek a girl who is detached from her family. as they are easy targets.

at the end of the day. we cant really stop this. when girls are young they are very naive they dont know what they are doing. thats why parenting is very important at this stage.

I think it was sent where it was needed most at that time and had a dramatic effect on the region at first. What seems to have subsequently happened is that having overcome the extermination threat from Moghuls etc. a lot of Panjabi pendus have slyly thought "we can go back to all our previous backward thinking now" and so the panth goes. Make you wonder if they really ever were interested in the faith outside of the social/political/economic benefit they could accrue from it?

That doesnt really make sense as the main reason the pindus of Punjab faced extinction in the first place was due to them being proper sikhs. If they had been sellouts then the mughals would have given them the option of conversion and circumcision in order to allow them to be the way they wanted to be. As for the effects of sikhi on Punjab, let's face it, no one can rule a country with religion alone as a solid political structure is needed. The fact our Gurudwaras cant even respond to the needs of the community reflects our people's inability to form even the basic sikhi-inspired political/social structures.

When sikhi was formed present day india, moreso northern as delhi was capital was one of most well off countries in the world, third world and developed nations did not exist as no industrial revolution. Average indian had better quality of life than average european in 15 th century.

So to say of sikhi originated from non third world country it would be much larger is wrong.

It seems to me that it's the Sikh Girls who lack knowledge of their Sikh History & Religion that fall prey to these predators!

When something is explained in Guru Ji's presence within the Sangat it has a lot more meaning and power!

So if a Girl can't 9 to 19yrs, who can't speak Punjabi (or speaks very basic punjabi), goes to the Gurdwara with her Parents on a Sunday morning, what will she understand about her religion or History? If it's only available in High level educated Punjabi?

Why isn't there Parchaar at the Gurdwara in English on a Sunday Morning?? As part of the Parchaar in English a few dozen Gurmukhi words could be translated every Sunday. That way each Sunday the english speaking Sikhs would walk away knowing more Gurmukhi words, each week, not to mention understand something too, before it's too late!!

Have you seen the Parchaar where a Gursikh/Giani reads a sentence of Paath, and then a 2nd Giani translates into in Punjabi. This keeps going on sentence after sentence! Wouldn't it be brilliant if the 1st Gursikh/Giani read the paath, and then 2nd Giani transalated it into Punjabi, and then a 3rd Giani translated the sentence into English!!!

Why is English excluded on a Sunday Morning from the Gurdwara, even though we know full well that the majority of British Born Sikhs can't understand the high level educated Punjabi the Gianis speak????????????????

when i wasn't into sikhi, i was into guys too like most teenage girls are although i didnt have a boy friend. I mean i had crushes but i always knew i wanted to marry a guy with pagh and dardi, i think its because my dad kept dardi and pagh. I remember hanging out with sikh punjabi friends and they asked what kind of guy i would want to marry.. i said someone with pagh and dardi and then my friends made fun of me because they said thats a bit backward and not attractive. although i wasnt into sikhi it really hurt me to see someone say that because after all it was like attacking my identity. it surprised me the girl who said she said she wants to marry a mona has dad who keeps a full kesh and dardi.

I think the reason i always wanted to marry someone who kept kesh and dardi is because my dad was the ideal figure for me its like how guys always want someone like their mom, my dad is an amazing person because he doesn drink or do anything bad. he was the only person who did paath and cared about sikhi in my whole family

My non desi friend once asked me whether i would marry nonpunjabi I said No!! and she thought i was a racist just because thats not what i prefer. Its considered good in western society to marry outside of ur race because this shows that you are moving away from "racism" but marrying a muslim is a red flag because most of them (although not all) try to convert you or abuse you because they see you as inferior and think you have no moral values so its okay to play with your feelings.

I think it is parents fault but its too easy to blame it on parents. Its our whole community's fault because we tend to think that taking sikhi seriously is "backwards" or we think having strict religious values is moving away from modernization. Media plays a big role in why people feel the way they do. I think there is a lot of need of parchaar, sikh camps and reinsabaiis everywhere :p

Muslims have all the resources in the world. Their community emphasises Religion their culture emphasis religion but our culture emphasis sharaab and bhangra more than shaheedis and religion thats why punjab is flooded with drugs today.

If we choose to make a difference we have to start defining our culture in a new way.. a better way so we dont make our sisters that are going to shape the future generation like a cheap commodity. We have to tell them sakhis of sikhs, tell them about Ghallugharas...

My muslim friend kinda went off track behind her parents pack because they are too strict never let her go out and do anything.. they were always watching her so once she got in college she went a little crazy over this nonmuslim/nondesi guy.. i told her to stop unless she wants to get killed. :\ soo restricting ur kids and being tooo strict isn't the solution. dont be toooo thilley but also make sure ur kids arent going off track

our desi parents dont know how to parent in this new generation sometimes.. :\

I wasnt taught about Sikhi either.. what got me into it is learing about shaheeds, Operation Blue star and the sikh genocide really made me want to learn more... then being able to go get sangat eventhough i live where theres NO sangat..we would drive with another sikh family to other states just for reinsabaii kirtan and that really made me learn about sikhi... every parent should try their best....take ur kids to reinsabaiii..get them sangat if you want them into sikhi.. :) educate them... and us as a community need to redefine our culture...

Remember to raise ur kids with so much sikhi that they cant even think of marrying someone non sikh dont poison them against muslims or hindus... raise them with pyar and respect for sikhi..

if you cut ur kids hair just because u are ashamed (i know ppl that did this because they dont want to walk around with someone looking different than gores) then might as well convert to another religion if ur not proud of ur heritage

today a gora guy came upto me and started asking about my "headdress" lol i told him i am sikhi.. and he was like ahhhh sikhs fought for the british..they are very brave people... :p i was like yeah we sure are.. joking i just smiled back :p

When sikhi was formed present day india, moreso northern as delhi was capital was one of most well off countries in the world, third world and developed nations did not exist as no industrial revolution. Average indian had better quality of life than average european in 15 th century.

So to say of sikhi originated from non third world country it would be much larger is wrong.

Good point. I seem to have forgotten that most of the world at that time was at a similar level, lol, apart from the few at the top in the hubs of culture and civilisation such as England, France, Rome, etc. I suppose the working class of Europe were involved in agriculture much like their Indian counterparts.

You know what I mean though. There were thinkers and doers in the aforementioned countries that pushed the world forward with their systems, laws and methodologies. Plus, Europe was not under the sword as Asia was by the Mughal threat. Their bloodthirsty desire to convert everyone to Islam ruined any chance of natural progress that could have occured.