Sikh Man Builds Mosque For Muslims In Punjab

shastarSingh

Isnt sikh-muslim unity a good thing ?

Its a known fact that GOI does not like sikh-muslim unity.

It's not unity if Sikhs continue being naive little fools sucking up to muslims, and they don't return the favour. This is just sheer stupidity. They don't even take care of our existing Gurdwaray, let alone make new ones!

Who said its "the only one" ? :nono:

I'm sure there are others but I've personally been to the one that Sri Guru Anged Dev ji built at the place he got married in in district jullunder, at Mao Sahib. At that place, Guru ji expressed so much love for the local Muslims who had shown him so much love as he arrived to get married, that he insisted a Mosque be built within the historic Gurdwara compound itself. It still stands today and the surrounding villages are still majority Muslim as Guru ji proclaimed them 'his beloved muslims' and thus they were left untouched during the horrors of partition.

Question is then, Proactive, all the horrible things you're saying about this man in the news that built a mosque.....Is that the same way you feel about Guru ji ?

You must be confused, Mao Sahib is actually associated with Guru Arjan Dev and his marriage. Having read about the Gurdwara in Sri Guru Terath Sangreh which is the earliest travelogue guide to the historic Gurdwaras there is nothing about a Mosque being built by the Guru. If anything it says that some disrespect was shown to the Baraat

The Gurdwara noticeboard also does not make any claim to the Guru having built a Mosque there.

http://www.historicalgurudwaras.com/India/Punjab/Jalandhar/GurudwaraShriVivahAsthanShriGuruArjanDevJiateMataGangaJiMaoSahib/gallery.php

Since you claim to have been there maybe you can enlighten us further. Anyway having increased the number of Mosques built by the Gurus to a grand total of 2! How does that justify a Sikh building a Mosque for Muslims in this day and age?

With your reasoning why didn't every guru after guru angad dev Ji create more languages like Gurmukhi? Why didn't gurus after sixth guru wear Miri piri as well?? Why didn't the other gurus do this or that? We can say a lot of things but to refute history is another thing. If I'm not mistaken this is also written in Sri gur pratap Suraj Granth as well. Stop promoting hate for no reason. I can be a bigger enemy of yours then a Muslim or Hindu might ever be. The gurus even had met with Mughal emperors such as Babur, Akbar, jahangir, bahadur shah etc and had no animosity between each other. The guru does not hate and so we should follow our gurus ideology and not hate for no reason as well. I stand for justice and wherever oppression is happening no matter if it's happening to a Christian, sikh, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist etc a gurus sikh should help the oppressed. Khalsa aid for example goes to places like Syria and help out the MUSLIM refugees who are starving and dying. Them they go to Nepal and help them Nepal earthquake survivors. They don't care if you are black, white, purple, green etc they just help humans.

Now I have a question for you. Would guru tegh bahadur maharaj Ji who is hind di chadur and who saved Brahmins (who are the same Brahmins that you call our enemy's) would have also saved the Muslims if the Hindus were the rulers and persecuting the Muslims? Should guru Ji helped the Muslims as well if the roles were reversed?? My answer is yes guru Ji would have helped the Muslims if roles were reversed. Do you know why I think this? Cause the gurus never hated anybody and they fought persecution and fought for rights. They did not care about caste, creed, religion, race etc.

Bhim chand is the person who attacked guru Ji at battle of bhagani but later bhim chand came and asked guru Ji for help. Did guru Ji turn him away? No guru Ji helped him. After bhim chand back stabbed guru Ji again and fought with guru Ji. Guru Ji still did not have any animosity and invited bhim chand and other rajas to anandpur sahib. This just shows that guru Ji is dayavaan and not filled with hate.

You obviously have no idea of how to conduct a debate. Was there a need for the Gurus to create another language? How can you equate the two there would have been opportunities to build Gurdwaras if the aim of the Gurus were to build religious places of a rival faith which is at odds with their core teachings.

The rest of your post is a rant which shows little understanding of the issue. I am not surprised that you bring out Khalsa Aid into your argument because in your attempt to win the argument you think who could have anything against Khalsa Aid? Well Khalsa Aid are the same mindset as the guy who built the Mosque. The aim of Khalsa Aid is to get publicity and there is no publicity in helping Sikhs so they concentrate on helping non-Sikhs especially where ever their is a natural disaster. They duplicate what ever the more larger and organised charities do. I remember debating with one of their founders on Sikhnet a few years after Khalsa Aid was set up about why they were sending aid to Gujarat after the earthquake when there were farmers in Punjab who could do with their help as they were committing suicide because farming was unprofitable. The guy's response was that they only dealt with natural disasters! To be fair they have tried to do something in Punjab in the last few years but they will drop everything if there is a disaster anywhere. SOPW is a much better organisation that Khalsa Aid. They have done more foe Sikh causes in the last few years of their existence than Khalsa Aid have done in 16 years.

I think the world viewed muslims with a totally different eye until the 9 11 attacks and many others which followed. It is not only the sikhs who want to be far away from them but others like Goans, and other jataa have started to develop a hate for them.

It is their evil intentions and activities which start these feelings in other people. Today my son has an invitation to go to his friend Ali's house, but I don't feel like sending him at all. If I had not heard about their grooming activities I may have been more comfortable.

However there are some muslims who believe in Guru Nanak Dev Ji with much more devotion than us. There was a muslim lady who came into the Guradwara and offered a prayer and she instantly got what she asked for. This lady used to come to the Guradwara and offer a big size rumala for the Guru Granth Sahib Ji once every week without any fail. We used to admire their shardha.

There is nothing wrong with helping poor muslims as it is painful seeing people travelling a long distance for worship. How often do our Sikhs travel that far devotionally to a Guradwara regularly, if they don't have one nearby. Maybe they have a lesson to teach to us after all - about devotion.

You must be confused, Mao Sahib is actually associated with Guru Arjan Dev and his marriage.

Not "confused". I simply proceeded to write 'Angad' when I meant 'Arjun'. Thats all.

Having read about the Gurdwara in Sri Guru Terath Sangreh

You read about places and I actually go to places. Thats the difference.

Chances are, your family are from Doaba. Visit it yourself and see. Also visit the couple of local Muslim villages and ask people to narrate the story to you.

If anything it says that some disrespect was shown to the Baraat

Get up (you do this by pressing down with your feet and, using your knees and thighs, pushing upwards) and walk (you do this by putting one foot ahead and then the other one - Do not put both feet out at the same time as this will then become a jump rather than a walk. And you'll likely trip) to a car. Get in it (you do this by opening the door, crouching down a little so you don't bump your head and maneuvring yourself in) and get driven to the airport (its like a big bus station only there's airplanes rather than buses). Get on the plane (this will involve a mixture of the walking and 'getting in' skills we've just learned about). Fly to Punjab. When you land, collect your luggage and get driven to the road that goes from Nurmahal and Pillaur. When you get to the village Mao get out of the car, walk to the big historic Gurdwara complex, ask the sevadars to narrate the story of Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji's wedding to you and make sure your ears are working properly as he explains the story behind the mosque. Or....sit at home in jolly olde england, get your information from wikipedia and continue the irrational hate against an entire religion and every man, woman and child that believes in it.

How does that justify a Sikh building a Mosque for Muslims in this day and age?

Whats so different about 'this day and age' ? Are they no longer human beings ?

A Sikh is someone who follows the examples set by his or her Gurus. We strive to live up to their ideals. They have made it abundantly clear that there is absolutely no hatred for Islam and Muslims in Sikhi.

So in order to ascertain whether Guru Arjan Dev built a Mosque within a Gurdwara for Muslims in Mao village, I need to go down there are ask all and sundry, Anyone can write any rubbish on here and then just say that the evidence for their 'facts' can be located at such and such a place. Either you have the evidence of that Mosque or you don;t. I would have thought that there would have been an account in the same Gurdwara noticeboard as this would make the Gurdwara unique having a Mosque in its premises. Looks like the same sewadars who related the history of the Gurdwara forgot to write about the Mosque on the noticeboard. There is also no such account in a travelogue written in the 1880s. You obviously have no regard for testing the veracity of a story. If a traveller visiting every Gurdwara related to the Gurus, their sons and wives as well as well known Gursikhs did not write about the Mosque when he visited the Gurdwara chances are he was never told the story and the so-called Mosque may be a Muslim structure about which now some story has been made up. A lot of this takes places nowadays.

So in order to ascertain whether Guru Arjan Dev built a Mosque within a Gurdwara for Muslims in Mao village, I need to go down there are ask all and sundry,

Well yes. I mean your current strategy of 'sitting at home relying on wikipedia' has hardly served you well now has it ?

Either you have the evidence of that Mosque or you don;t.

Yeah like I carry 'evidences of mosques' around with me everywhere I go just in case I encounter a 'mosque evidence' emergency.

I would have thought that there would have been an account in the same Gurdwara noticeboard as this would make the Gurdwara unique having a Mosque in its premises. Looks like the same sewadars who related the history of the Gurdwara forgot to write about the Mosque on the noticeboard. There is also no such account in a travelogue written in the 1880s. You obviously have no regard for testing the veracity of a story

You remind of my youngest when he was a toddler. In my previous message I taught you how to get up, walk, get into cars, what an airport is and how to listen. I obviously neglected to tell you how to perform very simple searches on the internet. So, seeing how you're not capable of doing anything for yourself look at this video. Fast forward to 9 mins 41 second for the mosque that is actually within the Gurdwara compound / complex and to 12 mins 10 sec to more on what I said about the Muslim character of the surrounding villages and their connection with Guru ji: