Basics Of Sikhi Vs Muslim Mugs

StarStriker

some things I have noted about all DIsney TV:

1. Parents are always absent , either dead or too busy/foolish to be there for the kids .

2. The kids always have age inappropriate aspirations towards the opposite sex ...

3. The girls are training each other on how to be more attractive to get the guy...

4. The girls are also taught that if a guy uses you , something is wrong with you and you need to improve yourself and get out there again

5. There is a culture of sneaking around to get what you want even if parents have best intentions for you i.e. undermining of parents

What about maleficent, brave etc? Those are not typical Disney movies.

What about maleficent, brave etc? Those are not typical Disney movies.

maleficient - the fairy falls for a guy who drugs her then she wakes up with her wings sawn off (yes literally meant to represent rape) then this is supposed to justify the turn to evil ? not exactly kid's storyline .

Brave - wishes her mother to change her mind about her getting engaged and married although it is what she has grown up with ...so much so she runs away to get a magical spell pie from a strange witch , which she doesn't know what it does ( could even be poisoned ) but is willing to give her mother...of course luckily enough she manages to change her back in time but not without risking both her Mother's death or her own ... I didn't mind this as much as the others as I could see points in it that helped me show my daughter that being brave and fighting etc are not just for boys but obviously still needed to be careful to counter the point of going to outsidepeople to find help instead of talking to family first.

^^^

That's the thing about modern life and the media. It's like there are a thousand unseen snakes subtly at work trying to insidiously brain-screw everyone with all manner of psychological tricks. Goray are number one at this with their media where they try to make it look like we should all just succumb to our romantic whims (as love conquers all) and anyone who is virodh these things is some evil, oppressive, backwards evil step mother type.

We are at fault too with the absolutely crap media we produce, you get 95% of films from Panjab and they are some blatant penducentric, casteist buckwaas with about as much depth as a puddle after a short storm.

That's what we are looking at right now, where we are a pretty unsophisticated bunch on the receiving end of well financed and often sophisticated attempts to capture our hearts and minds. It's a conversion by stealth if you will and it starts YOUNG and doesn't stop as we are bombarded by the messages throughout our lives.

That being said, I'm still going to prefer stuff like The wire, Breaking Bad and The Sopranos over the stuff our own community produces for the moment.

maleficient - the fairy falls for a guy who drugs her then she wakes up with her wings sawn off (yes literally meant to represent rape) then this is supposed to justify the turn to evil ? not exactly kid's storyline .

Brave - wishes her mother to change her mind about her getting engaged and married although it is what she has grown up with ...so much so she runs away to get a magical spell pie from a strange witch , which she doesn't know what it does ( could even be poisoned ) but is willing to give her mother...of course luckily enough she manages to change her back in time but not without risking both her Mother's death or her own ... I didn't mind this as much as the others as I could see points in it that helped me show my daughter that being brave and fighting etc are not just for boys but obviously still needed to be careful to counter the point of going to outsidepeople to find help instead of talking to family first.

The movies emphasised on the love between the parent and child, and discouraged infatuation.

There are good japanese movies which contain a strong female protagonist:

Princess mononoke

Spirited away

guardian of the spirit

Attack on titan

Fate zero

Although I wouldn't recommend the last two for kids. Korean movies also contain strong female characters but again I wouldn't recommend those for kids.

Spirited Away is genius. Works on so many levels. It helps to have a slight knowledge of Shinto culture if wishing to detect those deeper meanings. If not, fine, it works as an animated film on the strength of its story. The best Hollywood animated feature to emerge in the past decade is the first How To Train Your Dragon film.

The movies emphasised on the love between the parent and child, and discouraged infatuation.

There are good japanese movies which contain a strong female protagonist:

Princess mononoke

Spirited away

guardian of the spirit

Attack on titan

Fate zero

Although I wouldn't recommend the last two for kids. Korean movies also contain strong female characters but again I wouldn't recommend those for kids.

did you not think that Brave did a sterling job in undermining parental authority ? the dad was a buffoon so unavailable to help ...and the mother who was trying to maintain moral standards was the thorn in the girl's side ?

We do watch Japanese anime ... but again have to watch out for hidden programming ...

did you not think that Brave did a sterling job in undermining parental authority ? the dad was a buffoon so unavailable to help ...and the mother who was trying to maintain moral standards was the thorn in the girl's side ?

We do watch Japanese anime ... but again have to watch out for hidden programming ...

I didn't watch all of the Brave movie to see those parts. I was hoping it was an action movie and as soon as I realised it wasn't I stopped watching lol

Yes, you got to be careful with some anime as they sometimes contain fanservice (for guys).

One of my favourite anime's is claymore. The female warriors are incredible IMO.

Is any of these on the Internet? Youtube?

Yes, I'd recommend subbed version.