Basics Of Sikhi Vs Muslim Mugs

StarStriker

Trash like frozen!? T_T I didn't find anything wrong with frozen.

In all honesty, I respect both opinions but it would annoying as hell to watch a movie with the two of you lool

the only problem was it was developed backwards all the songs for the stage show musical first then characters and merchandise then story ...and it shows ..it is the one film I refuse to buy because of that sloppiness .

I do the work before the film comes in the door , so nobody feels or hears anything during the viewing ...I swear LOL ...got only one chance to keep them thinking in a sound way about life and relationships better sooner than later.

the only problem was it was developed backwards all the songs for the stage show musical first then characters and merchandise then story ...and it shows ..it is the one film I refuse to buy because of that sloppiness .

I do the work before the film comes in the door , so nobody feels or hears anything during the viewing ...I swear LOL ...got only one chance to keep them thinking in a sound way about life and relationships better sooner than later.

That's true. I guess parents would have to be more careful on what they let their kids watch. :D

BTW, there's a Japanese series called 'yae no sakura' which is a true story about a female samurai. I haven't seen it all myself yet but I've heard it is extremely good. Thought you might like to know a true story regarding a strong female warrior.

Here's an image you might like:

52Chali.jpg

Really don't like that picture. I'll tell you why: Its the way the artist has deliberately given the bad guys (mughal soldiers) a darker skin tone than the Sikhs.There's 2 things wrong with that and the first is the obvious fact that the mughal soldiers the Sikhs fought battles with were mostly pathans so of a skin colour more akin to white-olive than brown. But the second point is the main one, i.e the fact that the artist has forgotten the main aspect of Sikhi: Equality. To paint a picture depicting the righteous fighting the un-righteous and yet at the same time forgetting the righteous path of not seeing a darker skin tone as 'bad' is very contradictory.

There is also a third point and that is the fact that the artist has given all the Sikhs short-trimmed malkit singh goldenstar beards.

I'm sorry, but if I was an art teacher I would fail this painting.

Really don't like that picture. I'll tell you why: Its the way the artist has deliberately given the bad guys (mughal soldiers) a darker skin tone than the Sikhs.There's 2 things wrong with that and the first is the obvious fact that the mughal soldiers the Sikhs fought battles with were mostly pathans so of a skin colour more akin to white-olive than brown. But the second point is the main one, i.e the fact that the artist has forgotten the main aspect of Sikhi: Equality. To paint a picture depicting the righteous fighting the un-righteous and yet at the same time forgetting the righteous path of not seeing a darker skin tone as 'bad' is very contradictory.

There is also a third point and that is the fact that the artist has given all the Sikhs short-trimmed malkit singh goldenstar beards.

I'm sorry, but if I was an art teacher I would fail this painting.

Thank God you're not an art teacher then xD But you make a good point. :D

I personally really like this:

c36b2b5d2cc9c8da532e24c9434644b6e28cece0

Yeah absolutely, that conflating lighter skin to good and the opposite to bad is really crap. But I think this guy hasn't done it to the extreme that I've seen in a LOT of Sikh produced iconography. I think the artist is a nonSikh by the way (based in Ulsoor- Bangalore, Karnataka), so he's probably (maybe subconsciously?) just re-presenting what he's seen in Sikh art?

Commercial%2BPaintings-8.jpg

That's true. I guess parents would have to be more careful on what they let their kids watch. :D

BTW, there's a Japanese series called 'yae no sakura' which is a true story about a female samurai. I haven't seen it all myself yet but I've heard it is extremely good. Thought you might like to know a true story regarding a strong female warrior.

I used to watch the water margin as a kid and there was a chinese female wearing a dastar doing swordfighting wushu style and archery very inspiring ...Dad would call me to let me watch it (he was generally against rubbish content TV), Isher and the boys loved Mulan and we often hum'girl worth fighting for' if anyone's joorda/dastars is on the tilt ....

here's a picture of the main characters , obviously now I can see it is a sewn turban but still the impression of a non-wimpy female was great

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://cdn.static.ovimg.com/episode/93518.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ovguide.com/tv_season/the-water-margin-season-1-72675&h=300&w=400&tbnid=WYy8olsyZ9vYxM:&tbnh=110&tbnw=146&usg=__Jiw9n9MTPtAhFIzKIJ8al74uqvA=&docid=qwHDAAlIVE80BM&itg=1

very pretty looking :

http://www.dramafever.com/news/yaes-sakura-7-reasons-to-watch-the-japanese-epic-starring-an-extraordinary-heroine/

I used to watch the water margin as a kid and there was a chinese female wearing a dastar doing swordfighting wushu style and archery very inspiring ...Dad would call me to let me watch it (he was generally against rubbish content TV), Isher and the boys loved Mulan and we often hum'girl worth fighting for' if anyone's joorda/dastars is on the tilt ....

Wow, that chinese lady from Water Margin looks awesome! O_O Did chinese women ever traditionally wear dastars? You have a cool dad.

I used to love Mulan as a kid, I found it very inspiring. Best disney movie would have to be mulan for me :D

Yes, very pretty :D

Wow, that chinese lady from Water Margin looks awesome! O_O Did chinese women ever traditionally wear dastars? You have a cool dad.

I used to love Mulan as a kid, I found it very inspiring. Best disney movie would have to be mulan for me :D

Yes, very pretty :D

have you seen the live action Mulan ...very gritty and deffo worth watching