Muslim Friend Wants To Become A Sikh But She Has Questions

genie

I think that was more about someone who had truly submitted themselves to God, rather than Muslims in particular.

The advice given in the shabad you allude to also applies to Sikhs.

I think those we perceive as kuttarh sullay are following their religion, albeit in a very dogmatic way.

the scientific proof is that they are NOT following any Mohammed original teachings as these hadiths abrogate all which are selected by Bakri are edited up 200 years after the man , the earliest mosques all point towards Petra not Mecca , even the quran was made up by uthman to suit his needs and then he destroyed all other possible contradictory accounts ... Mecca did not exist in Abrahamic times ,

I've had a few experiences throughout my life that have put me off our lot for good (I'm not prepared to spend my entire life giving people the benefit of the doubt and hoping people prove me wrong; I'm not old, but I'm also not young enough to waste my life in the pursuit of such fruitless endeavours). I prefer the company of goreh to Asians without a shadow of a doubt. You're going to get duplicity, politics, manoeuvering, etc., in all types of workplaces - and goreh aren't immune to playing those games to get ahead much like the rest of the world - but on a one-to-one basis, goreh with their heads screwed on right judge you on the strength of your character and your deeds. Our lot have a laundry list of pre-requirements and requirements they need fulfilled before they give you the time of day, and then, even if you do measure up, there's our propensity to stick the knife in when the back is turned. These are traits that are shared by the alcohol-consuming, cigarette-smoking, party-going Punjabi as well as the gatra-wearing, apparently pious Amritdhari. It's ingrained on a psychological level to such an extent that it has to be cellular. That's why I really don't believe we have a bright future; that's not pessimism (although it may seem that way). Overcoming that "programming" requires a hell of a strong and concerted process of de-programming, yet when do any of us see our lot even acknowledging there's a problem to begin with?

I don't see it like you. I see it more as our lot have a blank canvas, that we can work on. And that the only way is up.

I think if more and more apnay reject the current pendu bewakoof precedents we'll have the start of something different that can snowball into a bigger ground level movement.

Truth is that this has already started.

Mainly because so many of us have escaped the feudal cesspit that is Panjab and have seen that people can, and do, live in an infinitely superior way to how our lot are today.

If you're right about the backwards behaviour being biologically driven (cellular in your own words) we're f**ked. I think it is more cultural though.

I don't see it like you. I see it more as our lot have a blank canvas, that we can work on. And that the only way is up.

I think if more and more apnay reject the current pendu bewakoof precedents we'll have the start of something different that can snowball into a bigger ground level movement.

Truth is that this has already started.

Mainly because so many of us have escaped the feudal cesspit that is Panjab and have seen that people can, and do, live in an infinitely superior way to how our lot are today.

If you're right about the backwards behaviour being biologically driven (cellular in your own words) we're f**ked. I think it is more cultural though.

The thing is if you look at the level of khalsa at the time of Sikh Raj , all were vidhvan in gurbani (many with Bani kant), numerous languages, familiar intimately with Gursakhian , stories of others religions, they had good knowledge of Gurmat Raags , many able to play tanti saaz, they were poets, historians, warriors, financially astute , strategists, landholders, parchaariks , ....when we lost sight of Guruji's vision for the Khalsa we slipped back into the mire of superstitious nonsense of Hindus and their slave mentality under Manusmriti. Honestly we all rankle at the classification of Keshadhari Hindus hy are we now grovelling to be considered a part of their bakwas system? There are no advantadges only destruction of Guru Nank Dev ji's emancipation of the Human race.

The thing is if you look at the level of khalsa at the time of Sikh Raj , all were vidhvan in gurbani (many with Bani kant), numerous languages, familiar intimately with Gursakhian , storoies of others religions, they had good knowledge of Gurmat Raags , many able to play tanti saaz, they were poets, historians, warriors, financially astute , strategists, landholders, parchaariks , ....when we lost sight of Guruji's vision for the Khalsa we slipped back into the mire of superstitious nonsense of Hindus and their slave mentality under Manusmriti. Honestly we all rankle at the classification of Keshadhari Hindus hy are we now grovelling to be considered a part of their bakwas system? There are no advantadges only destruction of Guru Nank Dev ji's emancipation of the Human race.

i know many sikhs ( specialy ramgharias) worshiping vishvakarma. going to hindu temple. i know a person who is a sikh but worship hindu devtes. i requested him not to do that but he refused and asked me that if guru sahibans stoped us worshiping devets than why guru gobind singh ji wrote chandi di vaar

who is chandi here? why guru nanak visited tiraths. when i tried to answer he blocked me on facebook.

i know many sikhs ( specialy ramgharias) worshiping vishvakarma. going to hindu temple. i know a person who is a sikh but worship hindu devtes. i requested him not to do that but he refused and asked me that if guru sahibans stoped us worshiping devets than why guru gobind singh ji wrote chandi di vaar

who is chandi here? why guru nanak visited tiraths. when i tried to answer he blocked me on facebook.

Work on yourself and your family first and foremost. That's my advice.

The Hindu gods are more analogous to superheroes than actual deities in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. The Tenth King's Granth is the scripture of Bir Ras, the essence of the warrior, it's passages are supposed to be invoked in the heat of battle so that the Sikh can find courage. This is the only purpose of Chandi Di Vaar - to provide martial inspiration. Guru Sahib deliberately chose to include stories of Hindu mythological figures and their inspiring deeds because these were the sorts of tales and characters he could be certain that most of his followers were, to at least some degree, familiar with.

Lets just analyse what you've just proposed there and see if you're correct about it being the "start of something different".

The city people of Punjab....as opposed to the "rural pendus" you're blaming everything on......do the following:

• Habitually murder their unbon female babies
  • Habitually set fire to their daughter in laws who don't bring in more dowry
  • Habitually practice a Hindu/Sikh hybrid whereby they do pooja to photos and marry Hindus of the same tribe
  • Habitually practice first cousin marriage

So, remind us again why you think we'll all be onto something good if we followed the example of the urban folk ?

The Hindu gods are more analogous to superheroes than actual deities in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. The Tenth King's Granth is the scripture of Bir Ras, the essence of the warrior, it's passages are supposed to be invoked in the heat of battle so that the Sikh can find courage. This is the only purpose of Chandi Di Vaar - to provide martial inspiration. Guru Sahib deliberately chose to include stories of Hindu mythological figures and their inspiring deeds because these were the sorts of tales and characters he could be certain that most of his followers were, to at least some degree, familiar with.

jeez louise ! please for everyone's sake actually gain gian of arth of who Chandi is in Dasam Bani and all the other so called 'devis'