Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KhalistanYouth

Modern-day singhs being weak.

Recommended Posts

Modern-day sikhs/singhs aren't warriors, which is a shame.

Most of the actual sikhs in Canada especially are soft as they come,  they don't exercise, know how to fight, or stand their ground, instead they're pushovers, and I'm talking about the Sikhs who were born and raised in Canada they're either fat or really skinny with no muscle allowing them to become targets of bullying and crime, not only that they also lack confidence which is something every singh needs, as they should be brave and stand up for others.

We need to start making sikh youth work out from a early age and get them on a diet, make them work out and take fighting classes, it's not even just the youth, some adults are also lacking muscle and strength.

How are you expected to defend your faith and the people around you, if you aren't built to do so?

They carry kirpans but can't even use them properly lol. 

It's kinda ironic considering how the non-sikh punjabi people (the fakes) are the ones with the "lion courage"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2019 at 5:54 AM, KhalistanYouth said:

Modern-day sikhs/singhs aren't warriors, which is a shame.

Most of the actual sikhs in Canada especially are soft as they come,  they don't exercise, know how to fight, or stand their ground, instead they're pushovers, and I'm talking about the Sikhs who were born and raised in Canada they're either fat or really skinny with no muscle allowing them to become targets of bullying and crime, not only that they also lack confidence which is something every singh needs, as they should be brave and stand up for others.

We need to start making sikh youth work out from a early age and get them on a diet, make them work out and take fighting classes, it's not even just the youth, some adults are also lacking muscle and strength.

How are you expected to defend your faith and the people around you, if you aren't built to do so?

They carry kirpans but can't even use them properly lol. 

It's kinda ironic considering how the non-sikh punjabi people (the fakes) are the ones with the "lion courage"

Dear "So worried Brother", Today's fight with others is more Intellectual than physical Fight.

How do u even prepare for fight when you dont know the rules..... Brother.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree khalistanyouth.

Sikh kids are brought up soft, they are academics first and foremost. It’s important as Sikhs are supposed to be warrior saints, yet I’ve grown up hearing of Sikh boys being bullied especially by Muslims who are typically aggressive.

The most effective self defence marshal art to get your children to learn is boxing in my opinion. I would encourage all Sikh parents to send their children boxing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Testosterone. It needs to be upped.

Don't fall for the 'toxic masculinity' lie being pushed by society's engineers. They're currently in the process of emasculating the male body, soul, and mind; makes a takeover relatively straightforward when the males of the world -- who should traditionally band together and provide stern opposition -- are kvetching and succumbing to their neurosis on the sidelines.

Train your mind, too, else you'll be a strong-bodied individual without the necessary mental abilities to discern when you're being taken for a fool. You'll just be a blunt instrument; muscle for hire without the mental prowess to resort to a Plan B, C, or D when the situation calls for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 6:25 AM, Amit12 said:

Dear "So worried Brother", Today's fight with others is more Intellectual than physical Fight.

How do u even prepare for fight when you dont know the rules..... Brother.....

Read DG, it covers both the physical and intellectual aspects you talk about (as well as spiritual). One without the others is useless. Maybe you don't know the rules or are rewriting them because you don't want to make physical effort? 

 

But you point about poor intellectual faculties IS important - without it, we could have a bunch of physically strong pendus running around being tricked into fighting others battles oblivious to their own people's needs. Like we've had for the last one and a half century. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 1:25 AM, Amit12 said:

Dear "So worried Brother", Today's fight with others is more Intellectual than physical Fight.

How do u even prepare for fight when you dont know the rules..... Brother.....

Intellectual battles> Do you mean diplomacy? Or in court?

Or are you talking about witty come backs, and replies?

I hardly call those "battles" as no blood is shed.

The only time these "intellectual battles" matter is if you're a lawyer, or if you're into politics.

If someone tried to rob you, I doubt  having a "intellectual battle" would save you.

Kids are told stories of sikh warrior saints, but they do nothing to be like them, key word WARRIOR SAINT.

A combination of your "intellectual battles" and actual battles, yes violence is the last resort of course that's obvious so therefore Self-defense is a important aspect in order for us to keep  being warrior-saints and to preserve our history knowledge and faith with protection. 

You should not only be healthy in the mind and spirit, but in the body as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IshR said:

I agree khalistanyouth.

Sikh kids are brought up soft, they are academics first and foremost. It’s important as Sikhs are supposed to be warrior saints, yet I’ve grown up hearing of Sikh boys being bullied especially by Muslims who are typically aggressive.

The most effective self defence marshal art to get your children to learn is boxing in my opinion. I would encourage all Sikh parents to send their children boxing. 

 

Yes, all the sikh kids I know are either weak or fat, some of them get picked on, others are just isolated and are introverts lacking social skills, better parenting is needed, and a emphasis of self-defense and physical health  is needed to combine being a saint but as well as a warrior, nowadays a kirpan is just a decoration a fashion accessory.

We must instill confidence, bravery, and a great work out-regime/diet (and of course martial art classes)

And of course academic pursuits.

People see sikhs as hippies nowadays.

ALSO some sikhs get BULLIED to the point where they give up on their faith and religion and end up cutting their kesh because they don't know how to FIGHT BACK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Testosterone. It needs to be upped.

Don't fall for the 'toxic masculinity' lie being pushed by society's engineers. They're currently in the process of emasculating the male body, soul, and mind; makes a takeover relatively straightforward when the males of the world -- who should traditionally band together and provide stern opposition -- are kvetching and succumbing to their neurosis on the sidelines.

Train your mind, too, else you'll be a strong-bodied individual without the necessary mental abilities to discern when you're being taken for a fool. You'll just be a blunt instrument; muscle for hire without the mental prowess to resort to a Plan B, C, or D when the situation calls for it.

Can you recommend a good, simple book to read more about this - one I can get from a library or amazon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Can you recommend a good, simple book to read more about this - one I can get from a library or amazon

No book, sadly. Just the accumulated fruits of my experiences and observations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how many times this topic keeps cropping again and again and again.

You wimps know what you need to do, just do it, stop making BS excuses.

Go to the gym and improve your fitness, lift weights.

Take up boxing and martial arts, learn to defend yourself.

It's not that hard, it is simple, just get off your ****

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I don't know how many times this topic keeps cropping again and again and again.

You wimps know what you need to do, just do it, stop making BS excuses.

Go to the gym and improve your fitness, lift weights.

Take up boxing and martial arts, learn to defend yourself.

It's not that hard, it is simple, just get off your ****

We look around in the hope others will join us in a brave breakaway from the norm. Stepping outside accepted conventions is a daunting task for most people; it's tougher for a community such as ours that's still conditioned to conform in many ways.

What I've learnt is that only those who have nothing to lose are brave enough to take that step into the unknown. The guy with a comfortable life who's pulling in 5 or 6 figures; has spacial living conditions, and a decent support system has no reason to upset the status quo that's provided him with the comforts he and his dependents have weaned themselves into believing they cannot survive without. That guy isn't going to lead the call for change. In fact, he'll try his utmost to temper the dissent because he realises it has the potential to upset his apple cart in the future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

We look around in the hope others will join us in a brave breakaway from the norm. Stepping outside accepted conventions is a daunting task for most people; it's tougher for a community such as ours that's still conditioned to conform in many ways.

What I've learnt is that only those who have nothing to lose are brave enough to take that step into the unknown. The guy with a comfortable life who's pulling in 5 or 6 figures; has spacial living conditions, and a decent support system has no reason to upset the status quo that's provided him with the comforts he and his dependents have weaned themselves into believing they cannot survive without. That guy isn't going to lead the call for change. In fact, he'll try his utmost to temper the dissent because he realises it has the potential to upset his apple cart in the future.

That is one part of it for sure. 

Some of our people are too comfortable.

Our forefathers did not get where they were without stepping out of that comfort zone.

We as a community over intellectualise too much (particularly on this forum) It creates analysis by paralysis. 

That is one thing that the pendu unparh types have over us and that is take chances and not fear failure. 

It could be due to them having nothing to lose, it could be due to their hunger and desire. 

However, us intellectual comfortable types may need some discomfort if we want to maintain and appreciate the lives we have created for ourselves. 

You see this white collar boxing thing taking off with these guys that earn 6 figures. There is something clearly lacking in us.

We need to get it back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toughness is a psychological thing. Nothing to do with physique. 

Look at some black people.

Even a skinny short black dude will act tough and be feared. 

You see with blacks and some other marginalised youths/communities 

Many come from ghettos. No money or job. In and out of prison. They will fight anyone and everyone as they have nothing to lose in life. 

You want some law abiding hardworking Sikh to become like a ghetto thug. involved in crime and knifings and stabbing to be feared?

Sikhs need to use their intellect rather then their fists. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You see this white collar boxing thing taking off with these guys that earn 6 figures. There is something clearly lacking in us.

We need to get it back.

Another unpopular opinion: these people (not white-collar boxers; generally, people with an inkling for the rough and tumble / slightly riskier side of existence) aren't emotionally blackmailed into conformity by religious or spiritual beliefs that lean too heavily to the side of inaction, pacifism, karmic balance ("what goes around, comes around" therefore we thumb the nose at the divine order of letting things take their course by taking matters into our own hands), etc. There's absolutely an aspect of these ideas that are true, but we seem to hide behind these truths because the alternative, equally valid opposite end of the spectrum, seems to be something we've been conditioned to believe that only "bad", unintelligent, unsophisticated people do. That was never the case in our heyday. Domestication, per se, has de-fanged us. We've lost that edge. We need to regain it, quickly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • What I have quoted is from an Albanian Orthodox guy I know of. There is a lot of crisis in Christian circles.  If anything, they are in a bigger mess than us Sikhs. 
    • I understand.  Next I am in Punjab, I will also will start to observe.  
    • Get some therapy or professional help to work through your feelings about your wife's unfortunate passing. This forum won't provide you with the help you need. We are neither scholars, doctors, nor holy men. You're beginning to verge on being offensive, and I'm sure that's not your intention. A public forum is not the place for whatever it is you require. If you continue to persist with making digs at Sikhi using a tragic event as a shield to prevent being criticized, I can only theorise that you're a troll. You've been given the benefit of the doubt for a considerable amount of time, but I can only speak for myself when I say your behaviour is ringing alarm bells. Any thinking person undergoes a crisis of faith when something unforeseen occurs in their life, especially if that person seemingly "played by the rules" and fulfilled the end of their bargain in the game of life. But that unfortunately is the haphazard, cruel reality of life. Bad things happen to good people, and there's nothing to be done about it. Justify it, seek a reason for why such a thing happened, but it doesn't erase the act itself. So, eventually one can either succumb to self-pity and wallow in grief indefinitely, or a person can decide to dust themselves off and try to make a bad situation a little better.  I speak from experience. I'm not a cold, unfeeling tyrant. I, too, have gone through tragedy after tragedy in my relatively short life, but I would never share the details on here. To stop myself from going crazy, I stopped blaming religion and stopped concerning myself with my past life shenanigans, and focused on making THIS life the best that it can be. Ultimately, that's the only solution to making your remaining time bearable.
    • What are you even talking about? Are you high? How is "Sikhi", an abstract noun, concerned with poster Redoptics?
    • If you need to reset your password, email me at singhvicky@yahoo.com and i will reset it to a temp one and email you back. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use