Guest aMAN

What happens to people of other faiths?

Guest aMAN

I've always wondered, what happens to people of other faiths? I'm not talking about someone leaving Sikhi for another religion, more like someone who was born into another religion and has followed that, and never even knew much about other religions. Compared to other religions, Sikhi is small, so what happens to people who never even learn that this exists? Just a question that I thought would be interesting.

THEY BURN IN HELL!!!! THEY'RE BEATEN BY DEMONS! 

Nah, I'm kidding. It's a good question. I myself have wondered how the "system" for organising and processing these issues in the afterlife is designed. It would suggest, based on what happens here on Earth, that the followers of all but one faith will be disappointed, to say the least, when they're confronted by the objective parameters of the reality of in the Great Beyond. My theory, based on years of unhinged daydreams, is that every soul needs to incarnate into every belief system before "moving on" and completing a particular cycle of rebirth.

If you're spiritually attuned, it's quite obvious to spot the people in their present lifetimes who previously belonged to a particular religion, or held certain beliefs, in a previous lifetime, because they carry over much of the baggage, attitude, and demeanour of their previous selves, which they just haven't been able to shed in their latest incarnation.

So, what happens is they transpose that innate manner of being they've accumulated over many lifetimes, and it's continued in their present. There's no conscious desire to progress on a higher level. Now, you could argue the material world makes it impossible to keep these lofty thoughts at the forefront of our minds; that navigating life is difficult enough without the individual going to the lengths of conducting a parallel spiritual meta-narrative alongside their daily corporeal narrative, that is seemingly difficult to prove in an objective sense, and therefore increasingly viewed as non-existent and foolish in this age of spiritual decadence.

Contrary to what's taught by preachers, transcending religion and becoming one with the Creator is not an overnight or one-lifetime feat for the vast majority. You have to earn it through arduous, countless lifetimes, and I feel in this respect many Sikhs will be immensely disheartened when they come to realise this in their own situations. 

But, yeah, keep following and listening to the corrupt God-men, lol. They've got your back... 😁

• Like 1

If people of other religions, live their lives by following the principles of good moral behaviour, then these people will receive a good quality of life, in the next life.

If a person wants to get in to Sachkhand, then they have to adhere to 10th Patshahi’s Sikhi, there’s no other route.

Every era has their own maryada and rules. The maryada of this era, is that of Gursikhi, as prescribed by 10th Patshahi.

Some people may ask, what about people before 10th Patshahi came to earth?

10th Patshahi’s maryada was always required. Look at the facts!

Kesh were kept intact, by everyone, until a Demon minded king forced the kesh cutting of Brahmins, in order to rid them of their spiritual strength.

Physical relations before marriage, or extra marital relations are forbidden in all scriptures.

Tobacco is considered evil, even in ancient Sanskrit scriptures.

Alcohol consumption and intoxicants are also forbidden in ancient scriptures.

The killing of and consumption of animal flesh is also a punishable act in the court of the Dharam Raj.

So, any deviance from the maryada will result in suffering. Any adherence to the maryada will result in sukh.

The bottom line...

If you want to get in to Sachkhand, Khandey di pauhal, and strict adherence to code of conduct is a complete necessity.

Whether you take Amrit in this life, or the next life or lives, is up to you...

• Like 1

Mokham Singh is spot on. Sikhi says a person gets what they are working for.

There are 5 realms, Dharam Khand, Gayan Khand, Saram Khand, Karam Khand, and Sachkhand. 

Dharam Gyan and Saram Khand are all subjected to Mahakali. So when the great destruction comes all these are absorbed back into the creator, and souls have to play this game again. Karam Khand and Sach Khand are not part of the creation, and in Sikhi this is seen as true mukti.

Also watch Maskeen Ji Katha on Khands. He has many. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 2:23 AM, MisterrSingh said:

My theory, based on years of unhinged daydreams, is that every soul needs to incarnate into every belief system before "moving on" and completing a particular cycle of rebirth.

Beautiful! I think Islam is probably the first step after human birth. It teaches one about faith in One god. Then perhaps christianity it teaches one morality like be kind, love etc. Then buddhism teaches us about spirituality that there's more than just pain and pleasures of Earth and heaven and hell. Or considering sikhs state these days. Buddhism might even be the ultimate. 

If you're spiritually attuned, it's quite obvious to spot the people in their present lifetimes who previously belonged to a particular religion, or held certain beliefs, in a previous lifetime, because they carry over much of the baggage, attitude, and demeanour of their previous selves, which they just haven't been able to shed in their latest incarnation.

So true lol. Those very rule adhering, only one way is correct prolly have a sunni muslim background. Whereas the dil saaf Hona chaheeda have a Sufi one. Jk. But I wonder if that's why there r different sects in sikhi too. Cuz everyone's at different levels and different things resonant with them. 

On 1/16/2020 at 8:09 PM, Guest aMAN said:

I've always wondered, what happens to people of other faiths?

We are all judged based on our actions. If you are a sikh and are a robber , you are not forgiven just for being sikh. 

There are four options: temporary hell, temporary heaven, then you go into reincarnation. If good deeds then as a human. If bad then back to joona, animals. If you are very good, saintly, then you get to meet God and escape reincarnation. 

If you believe in a religion,  maybe your prophet can intercede for you. But mostly we believe in karma. As you do to others, so will you reap. 

Basics of Sikhi YouTube channel has videos that answer this question

6 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

There are four options: temporary hell, temporary heaven, then you go into reincarnation. If good deeds then as a human. If bad then back to joona, animals. If you are very good, saintly, then you get to meet God and escape reincarnation. 

Good summary. 

The problem with other religions is that they have permanent hellfire for merely not believing in Christianity.

As opposed to us believing in temporary hell for bad deeds.

• Like 1

It would suggest, based on what happens here on Earth, that the followers of all but one faith will be disappointed, to say the least, when they're confronted by the objective parameters of the reality of in the Great Beyond.

ਪੁਛਨਿ ਫੋਲਿ ਕਿਤਾਬ ਨੋ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਵਡਾ ਕਿ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨੋਈ।

They asked Baba Nanak to open and search in his book whether Hindu is great or the Muslim.

ਬਾਬਾ ਆਖੇ ਹਾਜੀਆ, ਸੁਭਿ ਅਮਲਾ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਦੋਨੋ ਰੋਈ।

Baba replied to the pilgrim hajis, that, without good deeds both will have to weep and wail.

ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੧ ਪਉੜੀ ੩੩

• Like 4

On 1/17/2020 at 4:09 AM, Guest aMAN said:

I've always wondered, what happens to people of other faiths? I'm not talking about someone leaving Sikhi for another religion, more like someone who was born into another religion and has followed that, and never even knew much about other religions. Compared to other religions, Sikhi is small, so what happens to people who never even learn that this exists? Just a question that I thought would be interesting.

It is not a matter of a big or a small religion  as per one of your comments above.

Religion is not like politics where the numbers do count to govern.

Religion is more a matter of spirituality or divinity and one being drawn towards it, and above all being human beings, not fanatics nor terrorists,  or inflicting pain and injustice on all others who do not agree with their faith.

This attitude is utter madness and regression in almost all fields.

Sikhee as per teachings of Guru Sahiban and Bhagat Jan, are more noble, humanitarian, which brings positive balance in our lives, and through love and devotion to that UniversalTimelss Truth, reunites the soul to its Origin, Waheguru.

Regarding the other point of what happens to the people of other faiths.... Well that much can be said, that they are bound by their karam, unless some day they are fortunate enough to come and derive the most of benefits and goodness, from the teachings of Sikhee.

• Like 1

a few years back i watched this jewish mans story, it was about how he died  saw the after life and then came back again and changed. similar to how you hear sikhs who died and came back again and they saw jamdoots and dharmraj etc.

he went to the next world and i think he only saw jewish men and women,   no mention of jamdoots etc

its interesting how these experiences are different depending on your faith.  

On 1/17/2020 at 2:59 AM, MokhamSingh said:

If a person wants to get in to Sachkhand, then they have to adhere to 10th Patshahi’s Sikhi, there’s no other route.

That's not true Veer Ji. Don't fall in the "our path is the only one" trap. I agree with most of what you said, but people on other planets for example could only adhere to something totally in line with 10th Patshahi's Sikhi. Dharam is timeless and universal. 

Answer is in concluding salok of Jap ji sahib 

ਕਰਮੀ ਆਪੋ ਆਪਣੀ ਕੇ ਨੇੜੈ ਕੇ ਦੂਰਿ 
According to their own actions, some are drawn closer, and some are driven farther away.

ਜਿਨੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਗਏ ਮਸਕਤਿ ਘਾਲਿ 
Those who have meditated on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and departed after having worked by the sweat of their brows -

ਨਾਨਕ ਤੇ ਮੁਖ ਉਜਲੇ ਕੇਤੀ ਛੁਟੀ ਨਾਲਿ ॥੧॥
O Nanak, their faces are radiant in the Court of the Lord, and many are saved along with them! ||1||

Our own actions, our karmas decide our afterlife , God doesn't discriminate on one's religion or caste or race or orientation.

Those who meditate on lord's name, be that any of his name , be it bhagwan, waheguru, allah, yahweh , they are saved in lord's court 

16 hours ago, puzzled said:

a few years back i watched this jewish mans story, it was about how he died  saw the after life and then came back again and changed. similar to how you hear sikhs who died and came back again and they saw jamdoots and dharmraj etc.

he went to the next world and i think he only saw jewish men and women,   no mention of jamdoots etc

its interesting how these experiences are different depending on your faith.  

I vaguely remember reading something about how the individual's experience and perception of the afterlife is determined by his beliefs or experiences at the time. My theory is what people see during these near death experiences are a Khand or lower level of s higher (than Earth) existence of some sort (a harsh person might argue it's just the mind manufacturing scenarios as a coping strategy), whereby their visions are limited to what they know or what their consciousness perceives to be true according to its limited understanding. 

As someone who wants to realise the objective truth and not a subjective interpretation of it, experiencing an afterlife that's populated exclusively by the kind of people who believe only in what you believe, kind of diminishes the majesty of the Almighty's creation. It leads to many unanswered questions in my opinion.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 11:09 PM, Guest aMAN said:

Bai ji there are example of some mahan people from other religions as well who were spiritually too high. The main thing that matters aftermath is the Awastha of that person in his life. 
bhagat dhroo, ( satyug)

prehlaad bhagat( satyug) , bhagat balmeek( who wrote the Ramayan 1000 yrs before it actually happened), rishi markanda satyug, rishi Augusta( who drank the all ocean  ) and many more

these aren’t from sikh religion.

sri chandar ji( son of guru nanak mahraj)

baba mahadev ji( brother of guru arjun devji)- they didn’t follow sikh principles- instead they did their prema bhagti

Guest Sattruth
On 1/17/2020 at 7:09 AM, Guest aMAN said:

On 1/17/2020 at 7:09 AM, Guest aMAN said:

Sikhism isn't a religion. Sikh means students. We are students of the Truth. Jesus taught Trith principles as did other teachers. 

The Gurus taught that religions had become corrupted. Nanak, the light of the earth, came and taught that Truth is One, that there is no Hindu or Muslim, I.e no religion....only One.