Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Singh375

Turban Friendly Face Masks

Recommended Posts

Honestly In the last 5 months or so I havnt worn a mask in public. I wore it once in savers and once in sports direct because they told me to. I wore gloves for a week and then gave up and nothing has happened 

Imo it's all bogus 

 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Honestly In the last 5 months or so I havnt worn a mask in public. I wore it once in savers and once in sports direct because they told me to. I wore gloves for a week and then gave up and nothing has happened 

Imo it's all bogus 

 

I wear masks if I have to go into a shop or on public transport. 

However, I have seen people not wearing it in shops and on public transport. 

Nobody is enforcing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I wear masks if I have to go into a shop or on public transport. 

However, I have seen people not wearing it in shops and on public transport. 

Nobody is enforcing. 

I havnt been wearing it at all. No one has said anything. I take my mum shopping to Tesco's every week and I know a guy who works there and he said you dont have to wear one, even he doesnt wear one and hes a worker. 

But the workers told me to wear one when I went into savers and sports direct.  I got black one, I take it with me just in case. I dont like those blue ones they make me feel like im a patient at a hospital.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puzzled said:

I havnt been wearing it at all. No one has said anything. I take my mum shopping to Tesco's every week and I know a guy who works there and he said you dont have to wear one, even he doesnt wear one and hes a worker. 

But the workers told me to wear one when I went into savers and sports direct.  I got black one, I take it with me just in case. I dont like those blue ones they make me feel like im a patient at a hospital.

I have to wear a mask, otherwise we get a $200 fine, its really annoying and sometimes messes my dumalla a bit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kaurr said:

I have to wear a mask, otherwise we get a $200 fine, its really annoying and sometimes messes my dumalla a bit.

Lol in my place it's the same thing.Its compulsory to wear a mask and if we don't it's a 300 dollar fine.If we repeat the offence Its jail or something.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, puzzled said:

I havnt been wearing it at all. No one has said anything. I take my mum shopping to Tesco's every week and I know a guy who works there and he said you dont have to wear one, even he doesnt wear one and hes a worker. 

But the workers told me to wear one when I went into savers and sports direct.  I got black one, I take it with me just in case. I dont like those blue ones they make me feel like im a patient at a hospital.

Wait are you from UK veerji?Cuz that's what I heard from someone in UK that you are allowed to not wear masks in some areas but other areas you have to wear a mask to go to a store.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People that advocate for not wearing mask or don't wear mask in public are not considering the life threatening virus they potentially can pass on to someone that is at a higher risk.  If you don't believe this virus exist.  Than walk into the icu ward for covid patients at the hospital.  Many of these internet warriors will actually start crying after seeing the condition of these patients.  This is no conspiracy.   Sikhs as for sarbat da bhalla.  Wearing a mask in public is acting in the role as sarbat da bhalla.  There is no bravery in not wearing a mask.  It's called arrogance and having no COMPASSION

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every Singh I've seen just ties a black parna around their lower face. Nobody bats an eyelid. I do the same. Most people just want to get on with their life without hassle whether they believe all this is a hoax or not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Every Singh I've seen just ties a black parna around their lower face. Nobody bats an eyelid. I do the same. Most people just want to get on with their life without hassle whether they believe all this is a hoax or not.

online I saw some Hospital Doctor Singhs showing to tie a cloth like a thatha over the regular face mask or protector/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Every Singh I've seen just ties a black parna around their lower face. Nobody bats an eyelid. I do the same. Most people just want to get on with their life without hassle whether they believe all this is a hoax or not.

I dis try that but I can't breath with that, I get really hot and my head gets hot, I cant have anything covering my face. It just feels suffocating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2020 at 9:35 PM, Singh375 said:

Someone has taken initiative to design and offer turban friendly facemasks

A nice play on words too with Social DistanSingh and Kaurantine

https://www.sikhtreats.com/collections/all

Annotation 2020-09-08 213057.jpg

this is braindead you are making a mockery of the goth Guru ji bestowed on us ... besides the masks are a fail on fit

  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've made over 40 turban friendly masks which have nosewire/band , which are 600 thread count cotton lined and patterned cotton on the outside  in adult to kids sizes  , in my experimentation I tried two ways

one was thin 3mm elastic which loop through top of mask to pass on top of dastar whilst the ends of elastic pass through the side channels into a two cord toggle so you can adjust the fit to be snug around jawline without making the person lose space near the nostrils and mouth so easier to breathe

the other is same two layer construction with nosebandand  a button sewn on either side , then it is fastened to adjustable fit by using 'buttonhole elastic' like the the one you get in kiddies trouser/skirt waistbands to tighten fit .

Both systems avoid messing with ears and fit well around face and turban , in fact I have done custom mask sizing too for family and friends based on face dimensions .

I reckon the masks above are overpriced gimmicks they will not give you adequate protection and if that is the case then might as well go without . It is very simple to make and use high quality rewashable masks at home.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

this is braindead you are making a mockery of the goth Guru ji bestowed on us ... besides the masks are a fail on fit

I think you are being harsh 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use