Domestic and sexual abuse of silenced Sikh women revealed

Niara

On 11/21/2021 at 10:29 AM, Premi5 said:

This is disturbing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazir_Afzal

Personal life[edit]

Afzal has been married three times, which he describes humorously as "multifaith engagement": "First to an Irish Catholic, then to an Indian Hindu and then to a British Sikh." He has one daughter and three sons and is a practising Muslim.[3]

wow no idea...lmaooo

1 hour ago, Kau89r8 said:

Ravi Singh doing what he does best, brown nosing to the religion of 'peace'. He is just a brain dead liberal using Sikhi to further his liberal cause and help the liberal's allies, the Muslay. You would think that someone who tries to base his 'humanitarian' work on one misinterpreted verse of Guru Gobind Singh would at least understand that no non-Sikh ritual is allowed in a  Gurdwara especially when the ritual (namaz) involves the Muslim claiming that he is following Allah and those who do not are misguided! Imagine that, a Muslim being allowed to to proclaim that Sikhs are misguided in a Gurdwara! 

Never thought I'd see the day when our religion would turn into an Ek Niwas-type enterprise. The writing was always on the wall, tbf. Lots of mixed messages that were very poorly contextualised and defined by the religious hierarchy, almost as if they were unaware of how to reconcile the apparently "competing" strands of the faith. Now, we've allowed the religion in the West to be swept up in the general leftist dogma of the age.

As I say on some occasions to those of us lamenting the way things are going, "Balait jaana si? Lailo mazze Balait de." ?

On 11/20/2021 at 5:34 PM, Niara said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/20/domestic-and-sexual-abuse-of-silenced-sikh-women-revealed

First ever report shows 70% of respondents have suffered at the hands of a partner or members of their extended family.

The report is available on their website-;

Compressed-Web.cdr (sikhwomensaid.org.uk)

They distributed the questionnaires through social media so any Tom, <banned word filter activated> and Harry could have filled it in to malign our community. They 674 responses of which 35% stated they experienced child sexual abuse. So that's 674 respondents from a community of at least 400,000 Sikhs. This isn't even sampled because it is anonymous. So anyone even non-Sikhs could easily fill out these questionnaires especially since we know some communities have malevolent intentions. 

Also who would respond to these type of questionnaires? Surely only those who had experienced something would want to respond, I mean if I came across such a questionnaire having not been a victim I wouldn't even think of responding. So this is automatically slanted towards a majority of those who would respond to this questionnaire being those who have suffered abuse. Look at how the BBC reported this release of the findings

'Rampant' violence against Sikh women highlighted in report - BBC News

Note the use of the word rampant - as if it is happening in almost every Sikh family! That's 470 respondents saying they suffered domestic abuse out of 674 total respondents is a survey heavily weighted towards being responded to by those who suffer domestic abuse anyway! 

It's like me sending out a questionnaire asking the question- Do you hate Jats? and as Daily and CaliforniaSardar responded yes, I then write a whole report stating Jat hatred 'rampant' among Sikhs! 

It is quite interesting that the authors of this report try and present the Sikhphobic play Behzati which was universally derided and ridiculed to Sikhs as an attempt to highlight rape and abuse in the Sikh community!! You can understand the intentions of the authors from their ridiculous mischaracterisation of the intent of the play. 

A few years ago some liberals bhekhis were playing the drum of SIKH EXTREMISM IN THE UK, trying to get the govt to allocate funds to their organisations to 'counter' the Sikh extremism that was really only in their heads. Our liberal bandars can see how the Muslim liberals have been getting funds for the prevent program and they also want a share of the pie. They can't get any decent jobs with their gender studies degrees so they have to create organisations which scream from the rooftops about an issue so that the govt takes notice and they get funding.