10 Top Upcoming Punjabi Films 2022

Premi5

On 2/7/2022 at 10:43 PM, Kaurr said:

lmaooo I thought old mate sidhu retired from the entertainment gand cause he's with congress now.

But the thing is, punjabis will enjoy this low iq shite, I was complaining to my mum the other day about how all these punjabi movies are about getting married or something, there's more to movies than getting married. Just create a proper masterpiece, but I highly doubt that it will get as much attention as some of that shite. 

Did you see Sardar Udham? What did you think of it? 

Some of these plot lines make you lose braincells! 

Inder, an Indian, falls in love with Bilkis, a Pakistani. However, things take a turn for the couple due to his grandmother's hatred for Pakistanis.

image.png.1d199b30749e3a2cca5d4e34721852f9.png

Eager to leave the country, a man fakes his marriage to procure a visa. However, his sincerity and perseverance change his fate.

image.png.9938a2644e8b5fe5dc5b28c3db4cb741.pngSundeep is married to two women, Anu and Jasmeet, who are unaware of each other. Chaos ensues when a man who knows Sundeep's secret decides to marry his sister.

image.png.033576cb557447cb1527f6738c41946f.png

All of them look crappy, esp the one with Ghusseywala.

Since 1947 we have only been able to produce a few critically acclaimed movies, some of whom are Satluj De Kandey, Marhi Da Deeva, Shaheed e Mohabbat, Shaheed Uddham Singh (Raj Babbar one), Des Hoya Pardes, Waris Shah Ishq Daa Waaris etc. A lot of potential is there, especially with a wider Punjabi audience from Pak who have started prefering Punjabi cinema over Bollywood (also due to the fact that they consider most East Punjabi or Sikhan di movies as family friendly - even though some include cringy double meaning jokes).

We still lag a decade behind Bollywood (they were producing mindless comedies and romantic movies in the 90s and 00s but have progressed alot in the last decade with indie cinema and shows).

In mainstream Punjabi cinema only a few try different subjects, the likes of Gippy Grewal and Amrinder Gill. But maybe Punjabis are not ready for the change yet.

58 minutes ago, SikhKosh said:

All of them look crappy, esp the one with Ghusseywala.

Since 1947 we have only been able to produce a few critically acclaimed movies, some of whom are Satluj De Kandey, Marhi Da Deeva, Shaheed e Mohabbat, Shaheed Uddham Singh (Raj Babbar one), Des Hoya Pardes, Waris Shah Ishq Daa Waaris etc. A lot of potential is there, especially with a wider Punjabi audience from Pak who have started prefering Punjabi cinema over Bollywood (also due to the fact that they consider most East Punjabi or Sikhan di movies as family friendly - even though some include cringy double meaning jokes).

We still lag a decade behind Bollywood (they were producing mindless comedies and romantic movies in the 90s and 00s but have progressed alot in the last decade with indie cinema and shows).

In mainstream Punjabi cinema only a few try different subjects, the likes of Gippy Grewal and Amrinder Gill. But maybe Punjabis are not ready for the change yet.

I think there was an article that said Panjabis prefer light-hearted family comedy movies so artists tend to make movies on that because other genres won't make them much money. 

9 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Did you see Sardar Udham? What did you think of it? 

I haven't yet. I really want to though, but I don't have amazon prime. I might watch it with a mate some time in the future. 

Have you seen it? What did you think of it?

1 hour ago, Kaurr said:

I haven't yet. I really want to though, but I don't have amazon prime. I might watch it with a mate some time in the future. 

Have you seen it? What did you think of it?

Just do the free one month trial and cancel it before the end of the month. You can get prime and next day deliveries for a month and watch any films you want.