What's holding Sikhs back?

Big_Tera

Previous traditional Sikh accoutrements:

Victorian Swords — A collection of Sikh / Indian weapons.

Eye witness account of state of Sikhs pre-annexation (From Giani Gian Singh's Twarikh Guru Khalsa): 

ਭਰੋਸਾ ਹੈ ਹੁਣ ਦੇ ਜਵਾਨ ਏਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਤਾਕਤਾਂ ਤੇ ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰ ਵਿੱਦਿਆ ਨੂੰ ਭੀ ਸ਼ਾਇਦ ਹੀ ਸੱਚ ਮੰਨਣ ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਏਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਤਾਂ ਓਹ ਕਮਾਣਾਂ ਦੇਖੀਆਂ ਭੀ ਨਹੀਂ । ਚਿੱਲੇ ਕੀ ਚੜ੍ਹਾਉਣ? ਏਸੇ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਅਨੇਕ ਇਲਮ ਤੇ ਹੁਨਰ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਮੇਂ ਸਿਰ ਉਨੱਤੀ ਪਰ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਮਿਟ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ । ਸੰਮਤ ੧੯੧੪ ਬਿਕ੍ਰਮੀ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲੇ ਤੀਰ ਅਨੇਕ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਦੇ ਭੱਥੇ ਭਰੇ ਹੋਏ ਕਮਾਨਾਂ, ਬੰਦੂਕਾਂ ਤੋੜੇਦਾਰਾਂਤੇ ਪੱਥਰ ਕਲਾਂ ਤਲਵਾਰਾਂ, ਨੇਜ਼ੇ, ਬਰਛੀਆਂ, ਸਾਂਗਾਂ, ਕਟਾਰ ਪੇਸ਼ਕਬਜ਼, ਤਮੰਚੇ, ਪਸਤੌਲ ਢਾਲਾਂ ਆਦਿਕ ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰ ਸੰਜੋਇ ਆਦਿਕ ਬਖਤਰ ਘਰ ਘਰ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਸੇ । ਸਭ ਲੋਕ ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰਵਿੱਦ੍ਯਾ ਸਿੱਖਦੇ ਸਿਖਾਂਵਦੇ ਘਰ ਬੈਠੇ ਹੀ ਪੱਕੇ ਸਿਪਾਹੀ ਬਣੇ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ ਸੇ ।I

I believe that the young, strapping lads of today may have trouble accepting such strength and martial skills to be a reality because they haven't even seen those bows, let alone string one? In this fashion, many arts and skills - after reaching a highly developed stage become extinct at the hands of time. Prior to 1914 Bikram there were quivers packed with many varieties of arrows, guns, matchlocks, stone-cutting sabres, javelins, spears and pikes. Coats of mail and armoury, as well as weaponry such as punch daggers, Afghani stilettos, revolvers, pistols, shields and so forth were kept in each and every home. All the people would be learning or teaching the art of weaponry, and even whilst seated within their own homes they remained as true soldiers.

'Modren Sikh' accoutrements:

Muteyaar Tumbi Iktara Punjabi Traditional Indigenous Musical Instrument :  Amazon.in: Musical Instruments

image.jpeg.3e3d1ebdf7bfc869872b9c871d05b9ef.jpeg

2 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

That is interesting.

But at the end of the day, the responsibility lies with:

1. The "Sikh" singers who promotes degeneracy in their lyrics

2. The Sikh audience who eats up such songs

I 100% agree. In the past, when this stuff first emerged in the UK, I could understand it's appeal in the face of all the blatant exclusion and racist violence of the time. But now, when we know how it opened up doors for grooming,  promoted alcoholism and jutt casteism so much (as well as keep us enmeshed in a low IQ culture) - there is no excuse.