The wierdest question u ever got as a sikh

this thread is funny, yet thought provoking at the same time! :)

First off, sorry if some of you might think I dont qualify as a sikh but i just had to share this.

Since ive decided to not cut my hair/beard anymore, people who knew me as a 'mona' ask me why im wearing this 'Bandage' on my head :) i smile back and say 'yes, i was ill, for a long long time, now i am trying to recover' :)

The other day, one friend at work jokingly commented 'you wearing the turban, u scared of ur father?' hehe, i said 'Yes, scared of my Father, absolutely true. And since I love his feelings, I am trying to respect his wishes' :) he did not understand the metaphor at first, but it clicked with him a bit later hehe

anyway, thats my story! keep posting!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since ive decided to not cut my hair/beard anymore, people who knew me as a 'mona' ask me why im wearing this 'Bandage' on my head :) i smile back and say 'yes, i was ill, for a long long time, now i am trying to recover' :)

haha.. that reminds me on the first day i wore a dastaar to work...........hehehe...........for the story to make sense i work in a SEN school..........

Me: Hello [childs Name] how are you today?

Child: Aaaaaaw Hello lovely [MyName] are you feeling poorly today?

Me: :umm: noooo im fine my dear whats makes you say that......

Child: well Miss u had such a big bandage on your head..........ur head must be very poorly.............

Me: :lol:

i then proceeded to tellthe child about the turban and they seemed facinated.........but as they went to class the child shouted.........."Hope you feel better Miss" :lol:

dont you just love kids?

:)

haha.. that reminds me on the first day i wore a dastaar to work...........hehehe...........for the story to make sense i work in a SEN school..........

Me: Hello [childs Name] how are you today?

Child: Aaaaaaw Hello lovely [MyName] are you feeling poorly today?

Me: :umm: noooo im fine my dear whats makes you say that......

Child: well Miss u had such a big bandage on your head..........ur head must be very poorly.............

Me: :lol:

i then proceeded to tellthe child about the turban and they seemed facinated.........but as they went to class the child shouted.........."Hope you feel better Miss" :lol:

dont you just love kids?

:)

hehehe cute!! :)

• 4 weeks later...