How Would You Treat A Muslim Guy Who Was Interested In Becoming A Sikh?

genie

Well, I tell you what, given what's been going on with grooming, conversions and terrorism around us - I think a dollop of self-preservation and caution is more than healthy.

Following our Guru's doesn't mean we walk into a snake pit all naive and misty eyed like gullible children. There's enough crap going on we have to be careful of. So forgive some of us for not walking around like lulloos.

Big difference between education for self preservation and condemnation of an evil act v ignorance, bigotry and damn right racism.

Living in the chikar isnt an excuse to start throwing/eating it... its exactly what we need to rise above.

Yeah, I hear you but don't knock people with a more traditional view either. Personally I think one of the reasons we have a lot of problems like grooming etc. is because many Sikh males have become emasculated since the colonial period. So they face more 'thugged out' traditional males and don't know how to deal with it.

This is what I meant, to others feminine attributes equates to weakness. Korean lives revolve heavily on education and work which is why they are the most high-tech country, more than Japan. All Korean men have to join the military for two years, while it is optional for women. Their military is one of the most advanced in the world and their training is very rigorous. They are neighbour to north Korea so they would be vigilant and strong. In my opinion, south Koreans come across as perfectionists, and since they are an extremely wealthy country, they have the advantage to care about meaningless things like beauty.

Big difference between education for self preservation and condemnation of an evil act v ignorance, bigotry and damn right racism.

You know what, instead lecturing us why don't you take your ar5e to the people who are doing all the sick stuff and try and run your mouth there?

We aren't dealing with individual acts of evil but endemic, systematic, religio-cultural drives to attack, subvert and undermine us, that steeps to shockingly low levels. You take your head out of the sand.

This is what I meant, to others feminine attributes equates to weakness. Korean lives revolve heavily on education and work which is why they are the most high-tech country, more than Japan. All Korean men have to join the military for two years, while it is optional for women. Their military is one of the most advanced in the world and their training is very rigorous. They are neighbour to north Korea so they would be vigilant and strong. In my opinion, south Koreans come across as perfectionists, and since they are an extremely wealthy country, they have the advantage to care about meaningless things like beauty.

Yeah but how would they fair against more ruthless 'rough and tough' communities?

Not just a myth.

An utter fabrication.

The Quran, the Haddith, and general Islamic law suggest it is you that's incorrect.

Muslim scholars teach that Muslims should generally be truthful to each other, unless the purpose of lying is to "smooth over differences."

There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them."

Muslims are allowed to lie to unbelievers in order to defeat them. The two forms are:

Taqiyya - Saying something that isn't true.

Kitman - Lying by omission. An example would be when Muslim apologists quote only a fragment of verse 5:32 (that if anyone kills "it shall be as if he had killed all mankind") while neglecting to mention that the rest of the verse (and the next) mandate murder in undefined cases of "corruption" and "mischief."

There is more.

So either the above is wrong, not in the "correct context", or whichever other way it can be spun. OR you yourself are indulging in a spot of taqqiya.

I also have some very good Sikh friends who have made an effort to know what's important to me and understand my way of life. I feel it important to return the favour.

I clearly recall you mentioning a few weeks ago that you'd relinquished all ties to Islam and had become an atheist. So, what exactly are your so-called Sikh friends trying to understand about your way of life when that particular way of life is devoid of Islam? In that case surely they're trying to learn about atheism in context of how it relates to you, an ex-Muslim? So, which is it? Are you a Muslim or an atheist?

You know what, instead lecturing us why don't you take your ar5e to the people who are doing all the sick stuff and try and run your mouth there?

We aren't dealing with individual acts of evil but endemic, systematic, religio-cultural drives to attack, subvert and undermine us, that steeps to shockingly low levels. You take your head out of the sand.

Yeah but how would they fair against more ruthless 'rough and tough' communities?

For your information I volunteer for a national sikh volunteer group that works to support the victims of some of the issues u have mentioned.

You do not need to be a foul mouthed, racist thug to work against these problems, in fact the opposite is the requirement.

Brother everything we do under the banner of sikhi has to be routed in gurmat, you are seriously misguided if you feel that when somebody reminds u of this is burying their head in the sand or is a pacifist.

The biggest prevention is gurmat education, strong parenting and a firm answer to those that prey on our young. Preaching racism and bigotry is not.

Fateh

For your information I volunteer for a national sikh volunteer group that works to support the victims of some of the issues u have mentioned.

You do not need to be a foul mouthed, racist thug to work against these problems, in fact the opposite is the requirement.

Brother everything we do under the banner of sikhi has to be routed in gurmat, you are seriously misguided if you feel that when somebody reminds u of this is burying their head in the sand or is a pacifist.

The biggest prevention is gurmat education, strong parenting and a firm answer to those that prey on our young. Preaching racism and bigotry is not.

Fateh

I don't know mate. Before any of you jumped on the wagon (years too late in my opinion) I remember the B'ham originated 'gang' everyone seems to admire now. Back then people like you used to point fingers and accuse them of bigotry and whatnot.

They did more than anyone else to tackle and highlight this and they didn't take your softly softly approach.

Brother, don't be pushing this politically correct thing on other Sikhs under the guise of Gurmat. I know my history well, Singhs didn't deal with sullay in the past by being naram patolay.

Highlighting ugly truths about other communities that effect us isn't 'racism or bigotry' as you seem to think. There ARE deeply rooted aspects of other societies and cultures that do try and attack and subvert us. This is not a figment of anyone's imagination. The louder and clearer we are with illuminating the insidious nature of the people we are dealing with the better prepared our people will be.

North Korea is ruthless enough! I don't believe you need to unnecessarily behave butch to be able to go up against rough communities. It's about being smart and that's what sth Koreans are.

I ain't gonna lie Singhni, some of the savage animals I've seen look like they would throw those blokes in your posts over their shoulders and carry them away like war-booty.... lol

Maybe it's an urban thing, but people really train it out these days - usually with weights, so you got a lot of hench strong blokes to contend with.

I don't know mate. Before any of you jumped on the wagon (years too late in my opinion) I remember the B'ham originated 'gang' everyone seems to admire now. Back then people like you used to point fingers and accuse them of bigotry and whatnot.

They did more than anyone else to tackle and highlight this and they didn't take your softly softly approach.

Brother, don't be pushing this politically correct thing on other Sikhs under the guise of Gurmat. I know my history well, Singhs didn't deal with sullay in the past by being naram patolay.

Highlighting ugly truths about other communities that effect us isn't 'racism or bigotry' as you seem to think. There ARE deeply rooted aspects of other societies and cultures that do try and attack and subvert us. This is not a figment of anyone's imagination. The louder and clearer we are with illuminating the insidious nature of the people we are dealing with the better prepared our people will be.

*softly softly approach?

Saint / Soldier.... both facets are an aspiration of a singh. This is what sets us apart. Maybe history has misinterpreted the the meaning of miri/piri???

You seem to obviously favour a strictly hooligan type of approach.

The leaders of the group u are referring to are a drug running bunch of cronies that are now in a 'business' alliance with those 'sullay', im sure even u know this.

ur comments about bandwagons and who dealt with issue how and when are nonsensical and based on nothing but a poor uninformed perception. U have no idea who is doing what and where. I see the singhs u are refering to as 'naram patole' taking a sympathetic approach with families and youngsters in a rut (how else will u get through to them) and then going nose to nose with the abusers when police fail to support. Where are your SP then?

Guys like u misguide youth and take them away from the gurus teachings and towards an edl mindset...

time to grow up MATE!

I ain't gonna lie Singhni, some of the savage animals I've seen look like they would throw those blokes in your posts over their shoulders and carry them away like war-booty.... lol

Maybe it's an urban thing, but people really train it out these days - usually with weights, so you got a lot of hench strong blokes to contend with.

When I was talking about general Koreans, I did not imply the ones in my posts, they appear that way as they are actors/singers. You literally make me sick, you have a lot of ignorance as you are very quick to judge someone's appearance. Anyway, you can stick to favouring your savage animals that are dead inside. Women are meant to be physically weaker than men but mai bhago proved that otherwise. Do a little research into south Korean military. It seems like you are clueless of other cultures.