Corona virus situation

JSinghnz

Seems like the calm before the storm. The strained, frantic demeanour behind the eyes of the officials in charge tells me they're downplaying it, because the ground reality doesn't reflect the language and the mood of the government. I'm glad people, generally, are adhering to the lockdown in most of the country outside of the major cities, but in places like London I think things will get very dicey.

Within the next couple of weeks when people begin to latch onto the idea that it's possible to be infected without displaying overt symptoms, the cry for widespread testing will become an issue for the authorities, especially when it becomes apparent the rich and well-connected are being tested and prioritised. If that feeling develops into a full-blown anger and panic, it'll be a significant problem. As with everything, the economics of it seems to dictate the response.

My latest thoughts on the coronavirus situation.

What is happening with this lockdown is a once in a lifetime event. Work places and schools shut. All stores closed. Gyms banks literally everything we took for granted all closed. 

This has never happened before and everyone is slowly starting to adjust. We all now to do our bit and stay at home. If we continue to go out we risk catching and most crucially spreading it. Which is very easily done. Even if we maybe able to fight off the infection ourselves vulnerable people cannot. 

It's going to test relationships and marriages. Usually we only spend limited time together in the house with out relatives and spouses due to being out most of the time at work or socialing. But now we are going to be together 24/7 for about a 4 month period or even longer time depending on the viruses spread. This is inevitably going to causes family relationship strains/arguments. 

It's already been noted that in China the divorce rate has seen a huge spike upwards. Due to couples couped up together in the lockdowns. 

My advice to everyone is keep busy even at home. Get back to nature. I'm presuming parks and nature spots are gonna be full as that is the only places people can go to get fresh air and out of the house. 

People who have gardens and outside place near home are going to be lucky. It's people living in flats with no garden are gonna be the ones that suffer.

The rich and wealthy with second homes are going to be escaping to the country sides and go on a prelonged holiday. Which I think is a positive for some who have over worked and need a break. 

I might also escape to countryside area in an isolated spot to get back in touch with nature seeing as we can't work or do anything else. 

My mum works at the hospital and she said the wards are full and the situation is out of hand. Initially they cleared 3 wards for the corona people but there are so many patients with it now that they have ran out of space for the Corona patients that and are now giving them places it other wards    all patients are mixed now  corona patients with all the other regular patients.  Couple of people have died, around 8 nurses that she knows have it as well, 3 cases of babies being born with it too.  All the people that died are old. 

Punjab is complete lockdown, my thias daughter said police are walking around in the pinds and questioning people if they are out of the house. The lady who works for my thai was going to the field opposite our house to throw the cow poo there and the police stopped her and questioned her  and she had to lie and say it was her cow poo lol   if she said she was working then she would probably got in trouble lol 

What's the craziest theory you've heard about the reason for the pandemic? ?

There's one I've heard that seems mental, but the more I think of it, the more it has a slight plausibility to it that's quite unsettling. Apparently, the Hadron Collider at CERN (which they've been testing quite freely for the past few years) has torn through the fabric of our dimension, and has managed to "let in" a whole manner of things that shouldn't be here. 

Someone's been watching too much Stranger Things. Or perhaps it was predictive programming? ???

8 hours ago, puzzled said:

Punjab is complete lockdown, my thias daughter said police are walking around in the pinds and questioning people if they are out of the house. The lady who works for my thai was going to the field opposite our house to throw the cow poo there and the police stopped her and questioned her  and she had to lie and say it was her cow poo lol   if she said she was working then she would probably got in trouble lol 

Lots of beatings taking place in Punjab for people not being in quarantine. 

8 hours ago, puzzled said:

My mum works at the hospital and she said the wards are full and the situation is out of hand. Initially they cleared 3 wards for the corona people but there are so many patients with it now that they have ran out of space for the Corona patients that and are now giving them places it other wards    all patients are mixed now  corona patients with all the other regular patients.  Couple of people have died, around 8 nurses that she knows have it as well, 3 cases of babies being born with it too.  All the people that died are old. 

Hospitals are going struggle if the number of cases are going grow exponentially and NHS staff start getting sick.

That is why we must self-isolate and keep social distancing so hopefully we can give our health service a chance. 

On 3/24/2020 at 9:34 PM, dallysingh101 said:

Where are you again? Slough? 

On 3/24/2020 at 9:29 PM, puzzled said:

i dont know what it is, maybe it is that they have these weird ideas in their heads of what the punjabi shop owners might think if they walk into a punjabi shop to buy stuff lol idnno   maybe they think if they buy cheap stuff in the shop other punjabis are gnna judge? idnno

most the local shops around the corner from my house are owned by punjabis from india apart from this one ladies asian clothes shop which is owned by a british punjabi couple.    other shops owned by apne are a  fish and chips shop, baths/toilets/shink shop, 2 betting shops!!, indian sweets shop, couple of more ladies asian wear shops, 2 grocery stores, launderette, 2 barbers, mechanic, meat shop, around 3 or 4 ladies beauty/makeup places, new egg less cake shop just opened.   theres 1 pakistani grocery store and they also have 1 meat shop and two halal takeaways.  rest is all owned by punjabis    business is healthy around here. 

I know exactly where you live.