Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tamansingh123

What did the sikh missionaries do?

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, BhForce said:

Of course. The name of the dera is "Radha Swami Satsang, Beas".

oo  ok  didnt know that was the full name  coz people just call it "beas wala"   or "asi beas wale nu man de aa"   but i had heard there was a link   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, puzzled said:

Who is an example of a  missionary preacher?  

The likes of Kala Afghana. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 10:01 PM, Sikhi4Ever said:

Their core beliefs are:

- Not believe in our history (janam Sakhis)...

Add to that what they actually percieve as Sri Akal Purkh. They say that kudrat ie nature is Akal Purkh, even though Mool Mantar clearly says otherwise.

 

On 5/24/2020 at 8:54 AM, Koi said:

The only plus side to them is they stress heavy importance on studying the Guru's baani and not just accepting everything on blind faith.

 

Studying without learning and understanding means little. I could study any subject intensely but unless I understand it, what are others going to get from me?

Sikhi starts with blind faith. The faith that there is a God.

On 5/24/2020 at 10:36 AM, puzzled said:

Who is an example of a  missionary preacher?  Which video best shows their views? 

They all spout the same rubbish. Dhunda sabhra etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 3:40 PM, KSVIRK said:

The likes of Kala Afghana. 

Kala Afghana is their earliest founder and he never wrote a book yet dozen books are named as "written" by him.
In USA, he publicly in gurdwara sahib said that Amrit has no power and it cannot even revive a dead mouse. Other preachers are:

  • Amrik Singh Chandigarh
  • Sarbjeet Singh Dhunda
  • Baljeet singh delhi
  • Baljit singh delhi
  • Harpreet singh makhu

Other who most often support them and always stand with them. Some who make prachar money does not publicly declare it due to $$ they make for being politically correctness.

  • Sukhpreet uhdoke
  • Gurdarshan Dhillon (Was supporter earlier but not sure now)
  • Harnek Neki (NZ)
  • Pal Purewal (calendar guy)
  • Sikhri (Harinder)
  • Bhupinder Veer Singh Delhi
  • Dhahdereanwala (101% missionary after attack on him)
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 10:01 PM, Sikhi4Ever said:


- Not believe in Shaastar - Their gurdwara and school or Headquarter in Ludhiana does not have any shaastar nor khanda on their nishaan sahib flag. 
 

which gurdwara is this in Ludhiana?

On 6/2/2020 at 4:16 AM, Sikhi4Ever said:

Kala Afghana is their earliest founder and he never wrote a book yet dozen books are named as "written" by him.
In USA, he publicly in gurdwara sahib said that Amrit has no power and it cannot even revive a dead mouse. Other preachers are:

  • Amrik Singh Chandigarh
  • Sarbjeet Singh Dhunda
  • Baljeet singh delhi
  • Baljit singh delhi
  • Harpreet singh makhu

Other who most often support them and always stand with them. Some who make prachar money does not publicly declare it due to $$ they make for being politically correctness.

  • Sukhpreet uhdoke
  • Gurdarshan Dhillon (Was supporter earlier but not sure now)
  • Harnek Neki (NZ)
  • Pal Purewal (calendar guy)
  • Sikhri (Harinder)
  • Bhupinder Veer Singh Delhi
  • Dhahdereanwala (101% missionary after attack on him)

Does the notorious Teja Singh Bhasauria fit in as a missionary?

I am surprised with a few of the names there though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 2:45 PM, ipledgeblue said:

which gurdwara is this in Ludhiana?

Gurmat Gian college of which indar ghagga is principal.

 

On 6/3/2020 at 2:45 PM, ipledgeblue said:

Does the notorious Teja Singh Bhasauria fit in as a missionary?

Not really.  There are some threads about him on this site/sikhawareness. Search them.

 

On 6/3/2020 at 2:45 PM, ipledgeblue said:

I am surprised with a few of the names there though...

Any in particular?

When I first heard dhunda, it was to do with that kamli kalesh, and I thought he was a good parcharak because he was talking about the Panth and such but when i heard his other stuff about gurmat, i was quite surprised at his views. The guy is a cretin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The above mentioned names have varying degrees of  "missionary" ideology, not clear cut . Best if we not group them , It will only lead to further consolidation on that side and cause even further polarization. Some of the mentioned individuals are in fact contributing quite positively ( given not all their views are palatable to the samapardaic mind). Udoke and Makhu make some very good youtube videos for example. Udoke's current  June 1984 videos are very informative. 

We have to keep the Panth united at all costs, imo. Dissent and counter views should be given a certain freedom, as long they don't become damaging to our unity. Both sides need to keep the focus on what really matters for the average sikh at the moment. Questions about our history, maryada, philosophy need a mature approach. It really boils down to facts and faith. Whenever any individual from either side strays too far out, they need to be disciplined. Keeping a hawk-eyed approach, instead of dog-eat-dog approach will help in both our unity and future scholarship.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jai Tegang! said:

The above mentioned names have varying degrees of  "missionary" ideology, not clear cut . Best if we not group them , It will only lead to further consolidation on that side and cause even further polarization. Some of the mentioned individuals are in fact contributing quite positively ( given not all their views are palatable to the samapardaic mind). Udoke and Makhu make some very good youtube videos for example. Udoke's current  June 1984 videos are very informative. 

We have to keep the Panth united at all costs, imo. Dissent and counter views should be given a certain freedom, as long they don't become damaging to our unity. Both sides need to keep the focus on what really matters for the average sikh at the moment. Questions about our history, maryada, philosophy need a mature approach. It really boils down to facts and faith. Whenever any individual from either side strays too far out, they need to be disciplined. Keeping a hawk-eyed approach, instead of dog-eat-dog approach will help in both our unity and future scholarship.

 

Very true, I'd like to think some of the descriptions are outright exaggerated, or at least don't apply to every individual. Udoke, Makhu do tons for teaching Sikhs of our modern history, to associate them with Neki? I don't agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never understood why these people are referred to as missionaries. I've come to see them as Sikh secularists; supporting Sikh political and social aims but lacking in the spirituality of the belief system. The term 'missionary' has connotations in the English language that denote something entirely different.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon2 said:

Makhu do tons for teaching Sikhs of our modern history, to associate them with Neki? I don't agree. 

Have you heard the audio recording of makhu and neki about Sri Dasme Patshahs Granth Sahib?

 

5 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Never understood why these people are referred to as missionaries.

Because they are part of the Sikh Missionary College, which is where the term comes from. Like how people how studied in taksals are called taksalis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

Have you heard the audio recording of makhu and neki about Sri Dasme Patshahs Granth Sahib?

 

Because they are part of the Sikh Missionary College, which is where the term comes from. Like how people how studied in taksals are called taksalis.

Okay, I get it. I thought the term had been borrowed from Christian missionaries, which didn't seem suitable in our case. It's an obvious subversive organisation sponsored by GOI, one of many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Gurmat Gian college of which indar ghagga is principal.

 

Not really.  There are some threads about him on this site/sikhawareness. Search them.

 

Any in particular?

When I first heard dhunda, it was to do with that kamli kalesh, and I thought he was a good parcharak because he was talking about the Panth and such but when i heard his other stuff about gurmat, i was quite surprised at his views. The guy is a cretin.

  • Harpreet singh makhu
  • Sukhpreet udoke

Although I have seen Udoke with a lot of hinduphobia in some of his prachar.

And don't know too much about him, but I thought sikhri was some kind of media platform for sikhi information.

  • Sikhri (Harinder)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

And don't know too much about him, but I thought sikhri was some kind of media platform for sikhi information.

  • Sikhri (Harinder)

Harinder carried SGGS around in a wheelie-suitcase in US. He is a rat. He made thousands of dollars out of US gurdwaras with his sikh syllabus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 2:36 AM, puzzled said:

Who is an example of a  missionary preacher?  Which video best shows their views? 

i would say dhadrianwale. he says hes not missionary but the things he preaches sound exactly like a missionarys preaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use