Predatory Christianity destroying Punjab and Sikhi

Kau89r8

24 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think a large part of this is because they sell their wares really well, and I've seen a lot of people convert to these religions over the years. A lot of kaalay convert because they detest their history with white christians (and it is weird how they ignore their slavery by arabs, but I think it may be down to jumping on a perceived lesser evil, and also a side that they feel can give white supremacy a run for it's money). Plus if someone is christian, it's easier to convert to islam because they have overlap in terms of their mythology (same prophet lineages, angels etc).    Also, for guys who come from criminal backgrounds, when they convert, they can get to still use their violent criminal tendencies to attack nonbelievers and be a good sullah. When it used to get confrontational in Southall in Vasaikhi with fundamental sullay, the brown sullay would always bring kalaay converts to hide behind (who were obviously criminal types before converting).  

Also the church can be vibrant and fun from what I've heard, and this can be attractive to S. asians who are used to sombre deliveries of katha. 

And let's be 100% frank, finding a partner is something that makes A LOT of people convert. 

Welcoming vibes count for a lot.

Well, there is no excuse for this. SGPC has a massive budget. They aren't even bothering, and what they attempt is 'more of the same' that didn't even work previously.  

Pendus cultural allergy to reading doesn't help either. A lot of us here in the diaspora have got our moorings/knowledge in this way, so we've circumvented any rot.  

Pendus don't have a strong identity outside of a caste one. 

Honestly how do these people get elected to sgpc? If western born sikhs become members of sgpc it would be so much better. So many of us here know the issues we face and can take decisions to combat them. We need intelligent people elected to the sgpc not uneducated fools. But i feel like the people who are elected to the sgpc are all under indian govt and that is why they dont do anything for sikhs. We are indirectly under their control.

1 minute ago, proudkaur21 said:

Honestly how do these people get elected to sgpc? If western born sikhs become members of sgpc it would be so much better. So many of us here know the issues we face and can take decisions to combat them. We need intelligent people elected to the sgpc not uneducated fools. But i feel like the people who are elected to the sgpc are all under indian govt and that is why they dont do anything for sikhs. We are indirectly under their control.

Democracy is both inherently flawed and for sale. It's not Purtan Gursikhi. 

Just now, GurjantGnostic said:

Democracy is both inherently flawed and for sale. It's not Purtan Gursikhi. 

I was just thinking the other day how democracy in uneducated countries always backfires on minorities because the uneducated majority will always decide who will rule everyone. I mean if you have 1 intelligent person and 99 fools those 99 fools will decide the fate of everyone. How is this good in any way?

Just now, proudkaur21 said:

Honestly how do these people get elected to sgpc? If western born sikhs become members of sgpc it would be so much better. So many of us here know the issues we face and can take decisions to combat them. We need intelligent people elected to the sgpc not uneducated fools. But i feel like the people who are lected to the sgpc are all under indian govt and that is why they dont do anything for sikhs. We are indirectly under their control.

It's because they are sociopaths and are unable to think about anything but themselves. Organisations like that make sure they keep out people who are not like them (like the police in the UK), so I don't even think western born Sikhs should even bother. Even if SGPC did hire someone from out of the usual spectrum, it would just be tokenism to placate people, and they'd probably make sure the new guy doesn't rock the boat too much.   

We have to start parallel ground level movements. I think this has already started. How far we can go, time will tell. I think we need to focus on regional strength where we have a few numbers. But it is hard to do, because people don't want to confront ugly truths about the community. As you alluded too, they'd rather live in the fantasy world of being a strong warrior (without even being anything like one), and have a stronger caste identity to a dharmic one. 

It's not worth getting despondent, bibian can play a massive role in how they raise their kids so that they aren't like the previous lot.  

8 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

Are you sure about that? The same Western Sikhs that have been suppressing info of decades of sexual abuse within the religious community, or even perpetrating it themselves? Western Sikhs who, in order to cultivate a following among the gullible, claim they're reincarnations of legendary Sikh personalities? That's just two relatively recent examples of Western Sikhs proving they're unable to function within the limits of decency. Imagine if we were burdened with actual power within the panth. Think of the shenanigans that would kick-off then.