Harjinder Singh Sunner: Sikh artist

puzzled

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

That's excellent. I love political and social themed art.

That Indira and British SAS picture is ?.  Says more than an entire essay, and immediately gets someone thinking and asking questions.

Yeah its great art, its a shame creativity isn't encouraged in our community because there is a lot of talent out there. Was watching a talk between Sikh artists and one of them said how some Singh made a beautiful painting of Harmandir Sahib and he got offered £5 for it! yet some Gorah did a painting of Harmandir sahib and so many Punjabis wanted to buy it that they were all putting bids on it! 

Singh twins have done some interesting political work. I saw there work at a exhibition in London years ago, think it was at the Tate. 

THE-KING-IS-DEAD-LONG-LIVE-THE-KING_web.jpgGC_SHOP_SOF-Get-Your-Knee-Off-Our-Necks-ew.jpg

PZRKW4VHSJDP7J7PX2EE33L2D4.jpg

1984-partners-in-crime-deception-and-lies.jpg

Everweb-banner_NHS-COVID-NOT-TEXT.jpg

EZvuIHdXQAE2Kbw.jpg

The Sikh Network on Twitter: "#350sikhwomen Amrit Kaur Singh and Rabindra  Kaur Singh are Sikhs who have excelled as contemporary British artists of  International standing… https://t.co/HLTAWixNar"

On Indiras left its thatcher, not sure who the 2 men on her other side are ... 

Safina Uberoi

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

That's excellent. I love political and social themed art.

That Indira and British SAS picture is ?.  Says more than an entire essay, and immediately gets someone thinking and asking questions.

Shes shaking the British guys hand but on the floor there is a Sikhs arm, representing the broken promises made by the Indian gov i'm guessing ... 

10 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Their non-Sikh art is heavily left-wing biased, which isn't surprising.

I hope they come to realise the easy liberal activism (sponsored by mega-corporations) of contemporary times is as alien to the Guru's true Sikh as are division, hate, and barbarism.

Years ago their art was mainly about Punjabis in the UK, was not that political, i remember the george bush and tony blair one, but last few years its just become completely political

• 1 year later...