Jump to content
singhbj singh

Sheesha & Sikhi - An increasing problem in our society

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Growing up, smoking was considered one the most disgusting things a Sikh could do, far worse than drinking. It was seen as something strictly only done by muslims and hindus. Only the most ghatia Sikhs would smoke.

Sadly it seems to be more accepted in our society nowadays.

So true. But when you've got Nihangs arguing they've got special dispensation to get high off smoking weed it does let the side down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

So true. But when you've got Nihangs arguing they've got special dispensation to get high off smoking weed it does let the side down.

From what I've read they only drink cannabis, not smoke it. The drink is called Sukha.

What makes smoking worse than drinking is the stench it leaves behind long after the act is done and it also infects the people around who are not taking part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Growing up, smoking was considered one the most disgusting things a Sikh could do, far worse than drinking. It was seen as something strictly only done by muslims and hindus. Only the most ghatia Sikhs would smoke.

Sadly it seems to be more accepted in our society nowadays.

Isn't there a sakhi saying Guru Gobind Singh Ji's horse wouldn't even go near tobacco plants, can't remember the full story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

From what I've read they only drink cannabis, not smoke it. The drink is called Sukha.

What makes smoking worse than drinking is the stench it leaves behind long after the act is done and it also infects the people around who are not taking part.

So does the drunk who plows into a minivan full of kids. Nothing compares to the destructive nature of alcohol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GurjantGnostic said:

So does the drunk who plows into a minivan full of kids. Nothing compares to the destructive nature of alcohol. 

You can say they are equally as bad.

A smoker who passes on the smoke to his children is also a fool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

You can say they are equally as bad.

A smoker who passes on the smoke to his children is also a fool.

They're both horrible bro.  They're wretched poisons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys Guru ji has said explicitly that the person who smokes his bloodline dries up and guess what scientists have seen this to be true smoker affects the fertility of their children, grandchildren .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

From what I've read they only drink cannabis, not smoke it. The drink is called Sukha.

What makes smoking worse than drinking is the stench it leaves behind long after the act is done and it also infects the people around who are not taking part.

They use it as an ingredient in pakoreh and samoseh, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

They use it as an ingredient in pakoreh and samoseh, too. 

imagine getting high on pakoreh and samoseh lol  

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Sikhs we should not touch any nasha, even being in the company of someone who does nasha is wrong, which can be a bit difficult in todays but still should try to not have the company of those people. 

In Punjab everyone is chewing on thamakoo! and spitting it all over the place, i tried it when i was a mona and its horrible stuff. 

We all heard the story of Guru Sahibs horse refusing to go through the field of tobacco? 

I think any community that has serious problems with nasha should stay away from it as much as possible. 

India has a very serious problem with alcohol, its really bad. They should ban alcohol in all media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, puzzled said:

As Sikhs we should not touch any nasha, even being in the company of someone who does nasha is wrong, which can be a bit difficult in todays but still should try to not have the company of those people. 

In Punjab everyone is chewing on thamakoo! and spitting it all over the place, i tried it when i was a mona and its horrible stuff. 

We all heard the story of Guru Sahibs horse refusing to go through the field of tobacco? 

I think any community that has serious problems with nasha should stay away from it as much as possible. 

India has a very serious problem with alcohol, its really bad. They should ban alcohol in all media. 

The alcohol lobby has a lot of clout with the government and media, so it will be very difficult to ban in advertising. Though not impossible. 

Banning Smoking advertising does not really stop people from indulging either. It just shifts it underground away from public eyes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redoptics said:

Stick to tobacco free vapours lol

yeah let's all get popcorn lungs before our middle ages , fitte muh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jkvlondon said:

yeah let's all get popcorn lungs before our middle ages , fitte muh

says who that one report you read? Do you even know the reason why they got popcorn lungs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use