Do these beauty contests degrade women?

shastarSingh

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I am beginning to believe women want to objectify themselves.

There is a lot of money that these girls make to objectify themselves. 

Like these girls say, " it's my body my choice. Who are you to tell me what to do. You don't own me, I'm a liberated woman, I can do what I like "

Harnaaz is getting what most girls crave , "attention "

She's not all that to be honest. The beauty industry has needed to break into the India market since the 1990s and hence why 'Indians' seem to win these beauty contests at regular intervals. As for the family, they are typical now of most Indian urban families they think that their mentality is modern but all they are doing are aping the west and we can see where the west has ended up morally.

15 minutes ago, proactive said:

She's not all that to be honest. The beauty industry has needed to break into the India market since the 1990s and hence why 'Indians' seem to win these beauty contests at regular intervals. As for the family, they are typical now of most Indian urban families they think that their mentality is modern but all they are doing are aping the west and we can see where the west has ended up morally.

That is true  

The cosmetics industry is huge.

With social media, things have become amplified.

The amount of filtering and photo-shopping and lighting that goes on is mind blowing and puts pressure on girls. 

If you see some of the make-up/ non make-up pictures with celebrities you realise how ordinary they really are.

80 percent of their "beauty " can be removed with a wet wipe.