Do these beauty contests degrade women?

shastarSingh

9 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I don't understand what you mean here? 

But I have to say, if hordes are converting to xtian and doing this type of stuff, it's like they're completely rejecting their original culture(s)? 

i meant out of all other punjabis jatts r the ones tryn to be most modern and western well at same time for some reason trying to put up facade of izzat when we got guys drinkin wit there dads not caring what there sisters do etc 

1 minute ago, justasking said:

i meant out of all other punjabis jatts r the ones tryn to be most modern and western well at same time for some reason trying to put up facade of izzat when we got guys drinkin wit there dads not caring what there sisters do etc 

Is this just in the diaspora or do you think it's going on back home too? 

1 minute ago, justasking said:

I hope this topic doesn't turn into jatt bashing.

Society in general has lost sharam

2 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Is this just in the diaspora or do you think it's going on back home too? 

both

1 minute ago, shastarSingh said:

I hope this topic doesn't turn into jatt bashing.

Society in general has lost sharam

brou gotta call a spade a spade majortiy of girls who do this sort of thing come from either jatt community or khatri other communities better  at this aspect 

2 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

sharab isn't even big deal anymore over there..its the nashe, open relationships (yes married man and women in open relationships) in Panjab

I've even heard worse, like in C'garh, there are guys who are essentially giglos and sleep with married women who pay them for it......I think they call them tempos or something?

Everyone stay mentally tough though, sometimes things get REALLY shitty just before they improve. Like they say, it's the darkest just before the sun rises.   

8 minutes ago, justasking said:

both

brou gotta call a spade a spade majortiy of girls who do this sort of thing come from either jatt community or khatri other communities better  at this aspect 

I agree we need to fearlessly call a spade a spade, but even if other communities might be better at the moment, these things have a tendency to become normalised and spread anyway. This affects all of us, not just particular jaats. 

Certain people used to say the same thing about grooming in the past, that it only affects certain jaats, that blew up in their face.

With the advent of instagram and onlyfans, these beauty contests do not mean that much.

But what you must realise is that with the technology that is around with filtering etc, if you are looking for a girl to get married and you see her photo, girls these days know how to take a good picture, which angle to take a photo etc so when you meet them in person, it's like a completely different person.

For example, if you see a really close up picture of a girl and not the rest of her, it means that she is quite fat/overweight.

All sorts of tricks are played

31 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

With the advent of instagram and onlyfans, these beauty contests do not mean that much.

But what you must realise is that with the technology that is around with filtering etc, if you are looking for a girl to get married and you see her photo, girls these days know how to take a good picture, which angle to take a photo etc so when you meet them in person, it's like a completely different person.

For example, if you see a really close up picture of a girl and not the rest of her, it means that she is quite fat/overweight.

All sorts of tricks are played

You shouldn’t marry someone without seeing them physically irl. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I agree we need to fearlessly call a spade a spade, but even if other communities might be better at the moment, these things have a tendency to become normalised and spread anyway. This affects all of us, not just particular jaats. 

Certain people used to say the same thing about grooming in the past, that it only affects certain jaats, that blew up in their face.

For non-Sikhs and people who are not big into caste in the west, it really doesn’t matter if someone is Jatt or Khatri doing putte kam.