Panjab marriages and exodus

5aaban

51 minutes ago, Kaurr said:

If you're talking about how Australia is potrayed as a police state, then most of it is bs. I'm from melbourne, where we had the longest lockdown out of everywhere, and mate, during the second one, more than half the people did not give a sh1t and went around visiting their mates and having illegal parties. And the police doesn't have complete power, it's basically like every other country where they get told to fck off.

Idk about vaccine mandates and the rest of the world, we need to get vaccinated ot go to places, but I remember walking in a store (I had it on my phone), and the lady didn't give a fck, and doesn't the rest of the world have mandates as well (I'm not aware of the mandate in other countries). Same with masks, yeah we're supposed to wear them, but you won't get arrested or fined straight away if you're not wearing one, a lot of people don't give a sh1t. 

Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as indicated. 

5 hours ago, Kaurr said:

If you're talking about how Australia is potrayed as a police state, then most of it is bs. I'm from melbourne, where we had the longest lockdown out of everywhere, and mate, during the second one, more than half the people did not give a sh1t and went around visiting their mates and having illegal parties. And the police doesn't have complete power, it's basically like every other country where they get told to fck off.

Idk about vaccine mandates and the rest of the world, we need to get vaccinated ot go to places, but I remember walking in a store (I had it on my phone), and the lady didn't give a fck, and doesn't the rest of the world have mandates as well (I'm not aware of the mandate in other countries). Same with masks, yeah we're supposed to wear them, but you won't get arrested or fined straight away if you're not wearing one, a lot of people don't give a sh1t. 

They gave special treatment for 'important' people like celebrities to enter the country when everyone else was not allowed, from what I saw in the media in the UK. A lot of Aussies were treated very badly by the govt it seems

17 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Same, no one I know. 

Going for holiday and staying are different. 

What does your mate do there - do they drive when there, do they have naukar/naukrani to do chores for the? They stay with relatives? Shehar or pind ?

I personally as have got older dislike staying with relatives for too long.

I think pind life is also a step too far for most if they move to Panjab. Living in /near a big city prob much easier , or going somewhere completely remote and peaceful

Maybe @shastarSingh can start up that eco village for us...

It's not a mate. It's a cousin. I have no idea what they do there, but I know they have a koti and loads of land. They love it there, they probably live like lords. He stays in the ancestral pind from what I understand. He's proper gigantic, 6.6 foot at least. He probably wouldn't have any issues because he could b1tch slap the local pendus about easily if required. His old man (now deceased) was a known hot head too. So no one probably would dare f**k with him? 

18 hours ago, Premi5 said:

And, if I can ask how do you find HP and Sikh Panjabis get on in your experience? I have not met that many, and we don;t have any family friends who are? I mean normal, not the wealthy rich business types you've met here. 

The few I've met range from feeling they are Hindu but Sikhs and Hindus are very similar/the same, to those who feel distinct as Hindus and see Hindus and Sikhs separately. And, I think the men are more likely to be close/friends with Sikh men here than the women are

I don't know any myself at this stage. I will say when I was younger there was a funky dynamic between HPs and Sikhs. Looking back there was lots of supercilious attitudes from our lot towards them. I think many saw us as almost kin, but we didn't reciprocate. I'm embarrassed to say, myself included sometimes. It was just how many apnay profiled back then. 

A lot of snide comments were made back then, like: we saved you etc.  

I worked on one site a while ago and I noticed some snide comments by desi apnay towards HPs there too.

I do think HP we have a lot of cultural similarities with HPs, but I don't know any. 

18 hours ago, Premi5 said:

And, if I can ask how do you find HP and Sikh Panjabis get on in your experience? I have not met that many, and we don;t have any family friends who are? I mean normal, not the wealthy rich business types you've met here. 

I have to add. I am truly perplexed as to why they didn't historically convert to Sikh???

8 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

Naah man. if we look through the lens of sikhi offcourse colonialism slavery is bad but then what about euro countries who were never involved in this. They are still well functioning societies. And please dont tell me indian society was saintly before muslims or britishers came. Oppression was always there. First it was lower caste people and then when invaders came it was all castes. Cant blame everything on others. I used to think things were bad because of invaders but now I think there is something wrong with the society as a whole. India is the way it is because it oppresses sikhi which will bring justice back to that land. Hinduism is a corrupted religion and they are not ready to accept this.

?? 

Yea...the euros and their babylonian precursors have been invading and raping everyone for 6000 years. It has an effect. Killing, raping everyone and taking their <banned word filter activated> has an effect. 

Riddle me this. Euros are so great why can't we rebuild any of the monuments that survived our invasions? Still?

No pyramids, no nothing. Can't build it still. Don't understand them still. Sounds like the world made a lot of itself before "euros" invaded. 

Now it's a Kalyug and the kalyuigis are all over. Due to the "euros". 

6 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

Naah man. if we look through the lens of sikhi offcourse colonialism slavery is bad but then what about euro countries who were never involved in this. They are still well functioning societies. And please dont tell me indian society was saintly before muslims or britishers came. Oppression was always there. First it was lower caste people and then when invaders came it was all castes. Cant blame everything on others. I used to think things were bad because of invaders but now I think there is something wrong with the society as a whole. India is the way it is because it oppresses sikhi which will bring justice back to that land. Hinduism is a corrupted religion and they are not ready to accept this.

And hinduism is neither real nor a religion. It is corrupted Dharam aka adharam.