Can humans become cannibals?

1 minute ago, 5aaban said:

Many instances of cannibalism by necessity were recorded during World War II. For example, during the 872-day Siege of Leningrad, reports of cannibalism began to appear in the winter of 1941–1942, after all birds, rats, and pets were eaten by survivors. 

My dog is eating imperial with me. We're starting well before my dog gets hungry. 

5 minutes ago, 5aaban said:

Eastern Europe and Russia

In his book, The Gulag Archipelago, Soviet writer Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn described cases of cannibalism in 20th-century Soviet Union. Of the famine in Povolzhie (1921–1922) he wrote: "That horrible famine was up to cannibalism, up to consuming children by their own parents — the famine, which Russia had never known even in Time of Troubles [in 1601–1603]".

North Korea

Reports of widespread cannibalism began to emerge from North Korea during the famine of the 1990sand subsequent ongoing starvation. Kim Jong-il was reported to have ordered a crackdown on cannibalism in 1996, but Chinese travelers reported in 1998 that cannibalism had occurred.

Both these serve as example why you agreesively cannibalize the enemy sooner, and keep it reserved for enemy combatants and blatant criminals only. 

And if you aren't already at war some how ..well you are now. 

16 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Are you on crack? These are the kind of practices that give pro-Colonialists ammunition for their "civilising" activities in the East.

Morals? Ethics? Are you an animal?

Long hair don't care. By the time they're on my table their opinion is sort ..of..obsolete. 

But I'm a mixed race devil soo...I mean it'd be Jhatka and all that. 

3 hours ago, 5aaban said:

It's definitely a possibility because such incidents have occurred throughout history. Especially when there were shortages of food or no food at all, people resorted to extremes for survival.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_cannibalism

World War II

Many instances of cannibalism by necessity were recorded during World War II. For example, during the 872-day Siege of Leningrad, reports of cannibalism began to appear in the winter of 1941–1942, after all birds, rats, and pets were eaten by survivors. 

Argentina

Following the crash of Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571 on a glacier in Argentina at 3,570 metres (11,710 ft) altitude, multiple survivors resorted to eating their dead fellow passengers.  

Africa

Cannibalism has been reported in several recent African conflicts, including the Second Congo War and the civil wars in Liberia and Sierra Leone.

China

Cannibalism is documented to have occurred in China during the Great Leap Forward, when rural China was hit hard by drought and famine.

Eastern Europe and Russia

In his book, The Gulag Archipelago, Soviet writer Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn described cases of cannibalism in 20th-century Soviet Union. Of the famine in Povolzhie (1921–1922) he wrote: "That horrible famine was up to cannibalism, up to consuming children by their own parents — the famine, which Russia had never known even in Time of Troubles [in 1601–1603]".

North Korea

Reports of widespread cannibalism began to emerge from North Korea during the famine of the 1990sand subsequent ongoing starvation. Kim Jong-il was reported to have ordered a crackdown on cannibalism in 1996, but Chinese travelers reported in 1998 that cannibalism had occurred.

Middle Ages

• The Great Famine of 1315–1317 was marked with extreme levels of cannibalism.
  • Numerous incidents of cannibalism were recorded during the drought of 1200–1201 in the Nile River region

I've heard about people in India starving but they didnt resort to canablism. Is it more common in people who are well fed and then suddenly have to starve as compared to people who grew up with barely any food?