Kharku

Celebrating Chritmas  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Celebrate It

• YES
    • NO
    • I don't celebrate it but respect it.

Guest peacemaker
The justification of blacks as animals in America was rooted in the Christmas doctrine. Those sisters and brothers are rightfully proud of MLK, but somehow many miss the boat on their “true meaning” of the holiday which was the culminated celebration of the domination, rape, murder and slavery of their people.

I'm offended by this paragraph and think you're wrong. Please don't try and taint the name of Dr. Martin Luther King, one of the greatest men of the 20th century, in my presence or anyone else's. I've feel you've tried to do this, whether directly or indirectly. Get your facts in order before you try and pass what you're saying as true. The member above me is correct. It's just "bs" and you come off as a confused bigot.

"A lie cannot live." by Dr. Martin Luther King

The justification of blacks as animals in America was rooted in the Christmas doctrine. Those sisters and brothers are rightfully proud of MLK, but somehow many miss the boat on their “true meaning” of the holiday which was the culminated celebration of the domination, rape, murder and slavery of their people.

I'm offended by this paragraph and think you're wrong. Please don't try and taint the name of Dr. Martin Luther King, one of the greatest men of the 20th century, in my presence or anyone else's. I've feel you've tried to do this, whether directly or indirectly. Get your facts in order before you try and pass what you're saying as true. The member above me is correct. It's just "bs" and you come off as a confused bigot.

What are YOU talking about? I think Dr. Martin Luther King was amazing. Read slowly perhaps, incorporate context. And don't always assume that the person above you has understood something.

I am saying that blacks are proud of being black, for example, what MLK stands for. However, they too like "proud sikhs" participate in a celebration, that is Christmas as a "universal holiday", that at it's roots is tied into the justification for their oppression.

The justification of blacks as animals in America was rooted in the Christmas doctrine. Those sisters and brothers are rightfully proud of MLK, but somehow many miss the boat on their "true meaning" of the holiday which was the culminated celebration of the domination, rape, murder and slavery of their people.

What are YOU talking about? I think Dr. Martin Luther King was amazing. Read slowly perhaps, incorporate context. And don't always assume that the person above you has understood something.

I am saying that blacks are proud of being black, for example, what MLK stands for. However, they too like "proud sikhs" participate in a celebration, that is Christmas as a "universal holiday", that at it's roots is tied into the justification for their oppression.

"universal holdiay"

ok bro, your right. and everybody who thinks we got nothing to do with christmas is wrong........

Guest peacemaker

How in the hell is something like Christmas, which is rooted in Jesus Christ's "birthday" and Santa Claus, have anything to do with blacks being treated as "animals"? That's what made me angry when you wrote that because I feel you didn't prove it to me and I'm still not sold on this notion.

Christmas as a "universal holiday", that at it's roots is tied into the justification for their oppression.

I'm deeply offended as a former practicing christian by this. <_<

In order for you to make any statement about a religion other than yours, make sure its founded on facts!

Guest peacemaker
Christmas as a "universal holiday", that at it's roots is tied into the justification for their oppression.

I'm deeply offended as a former practicing christian by this. :)

In order for you to make any statement about a religion other than yours, make sure its founded on facts!

Mel, I didn't know that about you!! That's very cool! <_< This buddasingh is usually a respected poster. I don't know if he is drinking bad tea tonight, but something has obviously clouded his judgement.

How can we celebrate anything in the month of december as we have 5 shaheedian of guru sahib's family in this month??

Hands down the best reply of the thread. Simple Straight fwd and Truthful.

I know gusikhs who do simran on chirstmas just to give respect to a holy man who came on this earth. Also your doing simran, can't think of anything better to do in this world than simran. I think thats the best way to celeberate for a gursikh. I def don't think all this putting up trees and lights and giving gifts is a celeberation of jesus. I think its a farce and the corporations are pulling all the strings. You wanna celeberate a holy person well than remember God. Its simple as that. And if you wanna give presents go ahead i'm not looking down on anyone who does i'm just saying don't think your celeberating the birth of a holy man by doing it. Presents never hurt anyone!!

And I actually liked buddasinghs post. I may not agree with everything. Especially the enslavement and xmas connection but if he can prove than its all fine with me. But I liked it because it was really thought out and extremely intelligent. First one I've seen in a long time.