Sikh Clash With Police In London

StarStriker

I'd never call them traitors, hence the quote marks. But you know the Indian media will go overboard in their labelling of such personnel.

Regarding your point, who votes in these personalities time and time again? If the Punjabi electorate have the collective memory of a goldfish, then what to do? We can't vote out Badal and his chums.

ok goldfish analogy aside what real political choices did /do Punjabis have now

Akali - hahahah no!

Congress- they are still washing their blood spattered hands

Bjp- also covered in blood but pretend that they had nothing to do with the continuous genocide

AAP- Bhagwant mann looked OK but then he turned up to Shaheedi smagam drunk today , Phoolka is gone

ok goldfish analogy aside what real political choices did /do Punjabis have now

Akali - hahahah no!

Congress- they are still washing their blood spattered hands

Bjp- also covered in blood but pretend that they had nothing to do with the continuous genocide

AAP- Bhagwant mann looked OK but then he turned up to Shaheedi smagam drunk today , Phoolka is gone

I've very little knowledge of Punjabi politics. I didn't know things were that bad.

I guess a 'None of the above' choice is out of the question, lol?

That aside, you must've heard of tales of Badal buying votes with something as simple as bottles of alcohol for the drunks and druggies that populate Punjab? In the face of such retrograde attitudes the task to turn the situation around is an uphill one.

I've very little knowledge of Punjabi politics. I didn't know things were that bad.

I guess a 'None of the above' choice is out of the question, lol?

That aside, you must've heard of tales of Badal buying votes with something as simple as bottles of alcohol for the drunks and druggies that populate Punjab? In the face of such retrograde attitudes the task to turn the situation around is an uphill one.

That's another problem with apnay, especially rural ones. They have this strong tendency to continually blame outsiders and stubbornly refuse to see the part they play in a rotten situation. It's like critical self-reflection is a unknown concept amongst them.

I mean for God's sake, Badal has been persistently voted in by Sikhs - and no small number in electoral terms.

I'm telling you, we regularly screw ourselves over - but apnay have such frail egos, that facing up to this truth is too much for them. So they'd rather continually bleat on about amorphous outside agencies so they don't have to confront their own embarrassing kartootaan.

That's another problem with apnay, especially rural ones. They have this strong tendency to continually blame outsiders and stubbornly refuse to see the part they play in a rotten situation. It's like critical self-reflection is a unknown concept amongst them.

I mean for God's sake, Badal has been persistently voted in by Sikhs - and no small number in electoral terms.

I'm telling you, we regularly screw ourselves over - but apnay have such frail egos, that facing up to this truth is too much for them. So they'd rather continually bleat on about amorphous outside agencies so they don't have to confront their own embarrassing kartootaan.

Their Chankian mindset will not accept their own faults because they think that it will create weakness which means that they will be taken advantage by others.

Also it means they lose face which means other people's perception on them will change. Perception is everything amongst our people.

By being self - critical also means they have to be honest, which is also an alien concept.

Chanakya once said "a crooked tree gets cut last". A lot of our people have that mindset.

According to a 1994 estimate, Punjabis (Sikhs and non-Sikhs) comprised 10 to 15 percent of all ranks in the Indian Army, although the state contained less than 3% of the country's population. The Indian government does not release religious or ethnic origins of the military personnel, but a 1991 report by Tim McGirk estimated that 20 percent of Indian Army officers were Sikhs.

Sikh soldiers did mutiny in 1984 but when you have the likes of Badal, Longowal, Tohra, Amarinder, KPS Gill, General Brar, SPGC, Akal Takht etc.etc. controlling Punjab & Sikhism as their own personal domain (Sikhism doesn't even get a look in) what point does a rebellion serve? Who are the real traitors of Sikhism?

Issue Date June 30, 1984

It began at Sriganganagar, a border town in Rajasthan where over 400 jawans of 9 Sikh Light Infantry rebelled. This was followed by the mutiny at Ramgarh near Ranchi in Bihar where, charged by rumours that women were being raped by the army in Punjab, 1,438 recruits revolted, killing Brigadier R.C. Puri, the commandant, and escaped with weapons. They surrendered after bloody gun battles in fiv..,

Bro they wont do much, of course some will, but it wont make much of a difference. Your examples show about 2,000 revolted, lets just say upwards of 5,000 revolted across the country, considering there 150,000+ Sikhs in the military, you can see its a mere 3% only.

Bro they wont do much, of course some will, but it wont make much of a difference. Your examples show about 2,000 revolted, lets just say upwards of 5,000 revolted across the country, considering there 150,000+ Sikhs in the military, you can see its a mere 3% only.

Wat a waste of life, singhs givin their life to protect borders for a country who doesnt protect their own ppl lives for starters.

Wat a waste of life, singhs givin their life to protect borders for a country who doesnt protect their own ppl lives for starters.

I agree, but like the other brother said, they worry about themselves and their families first now. What will they gain by throwing away their lives only so that 10 years down the road theri sacrifice is forgotten.

Apparently a group of people blocked the road which caused the clash with police. This is not the sort of publicity the community needs, the media will pick up on anything negative don't give them an excuse.

Why did this group of people mentioned block the road ? Not a very clever thing to do is it.

EDIT: seen unconfirmed report on Facebook that police took a Singh's dastaar off and broke a Nishaan Sahib. No video footage to prove this.

I too saw that.

I too saw that.

there is video footage of all incidents , plus statements by the organisers that the Police had been given adequate notice of possible numbers and type of protest but they 'failed' to create a safe area to accomodate the people arriving . They could have cordoned of two lanes next to pavement and this way space for sangat and space for traffic flow would have been there. The other interesting thing to note the same afternoon protesters about allowing refugees into the country set of smoke bombs and were aggressive in a Major railway station but there was not the number of police or the type of force used to disperse the protest . There were no horses, no kettling or arrests despite items been thrown by protesters and aggression. Makes it quite clear that sending in the horses, kettling and arrests on Sikhs at the peaceful protest were done for an audience , to order . Time to stop being naive governments are interested in three things : power , control and Money and we cannot supply them with anything so they will use us how they can to get their aims.

http://news.sky.com/story/1575698/smoke-bombs-thrown-at-pro-refugees-protest