Corona virus situation

JSinghnz

10 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Seems like the calm before the storm. The strained, frantic demeanour behind the eyes of the officials in charge tells me they're downplaying it, because the ground reality doesn't reflect the language and the mood of the government. I'm glad people, generally, are adhering to the lockdown in most of the country outside of the major cities, but in places like London I think things will get very dicey.

Within the next couple of weeks when people begin to latch onto the idea that it's possible to be infected without displaying overt symptoms, the cry for widespread testing will become an issue for the authorities, especially when it becomes apparent the rich and well-connected are being tested and prioritised. If that feeling develops into a full-blown anger and panic, it'll be a significant problem. As with everything, the economics of it seems to dictate the response.

If there is anything we can learn is that we are at war.

The enemy is invisible. 

I think our government and the population has been completely unprepared for this because this has never happened before.

We are all a bit clueless but we have to learn fast.

It has exposed many weaknesses and how fragile our system is.

Health is the most important thing because it effects everything. And this pandemic has exposed this.

One of the glaring examples is how we lack so much equipment like ventilators, ICU beds, masks etc.

This country's supply chains have become "just-in-time", what this means we don't keep anything in stock because it costs too much and stuff is delivered when it is ordered as demand.

If the supply chain where you get your stuff from (abroad) is broken then you are stuffed. 

We don't produce anything anymore and we should be more self sufficient. 

What these times of crisis has shown is that people can show ingenuity. Engineering firms are now having to produce ventilators and plants are beginning to manufacture masks.

We are too dependent on China.

There is something strange about this lockdown.

I dunno what it is but something tells me that the virus is more infectious in the atmosphere and less people to people transmission scenario that they are trying to paint.

A strange theory was flouted by an indian astrophysicist scientist who suggest that this virus came from a meteorite that burnt up in the atomsphere over china and eventually it spread everywhere. Seems like a wacky theory the bio weapon lab made one is more credible however I wouldn't discount it outright.

41 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

If there is anything we can learn is that we are at war.

The enemy is invisible. 

I think our government and the population has been completely unprepared for this because this has never happened before.

We are all a bit clueless but we have to learn fast.

It has exposed many weaknesses and how fragile our system is.

Health is the most important thing because it effects everything. And this pandemic has exposed this.

One of the glaring examples is how we lack so much equipment like ventilators, ICU beds, masks etc.

This country's supply chains have become "just-in-time", what this means we don't keep anything in stock because it costs too much and stuff is delivered when it is ordered as demand.

If the supply chain where you get your stuff from (abroad) is broken then you are stuffed. 

We don't produce anything anymore and we should be more self sufficient. 

What these times of crisis has shown is that people can show ingenuity. Engineering firms are now having to produce ventilators and plants are beginning to manufacture masks.

We are too dependent on China.

I'm just surprised at the effectiveness of fear. In some ways it produces ingenuity, in others it seems to produce the desired effect of unquestioning compliance. One thing that's struck me about the society we live in since this has emerged is how dependent we are on so many essential external "things" that are ultimately out of our control. That's a recipe for disaster, and it's a real eye opener. If there is a recovery from this and a return to the normalcy we once knew, I know I'll be actively preparing for the next time something like happens, because I can guarantee when it does happen again, it will be much more intense and fast moving. You just know that there's a department of behavioural scientists sitting in an office somewhere in GCHQ making notes for the past few weeks on every facet of the public's reaction to this. Next time, the issues that are now proving to be difficult to control or contain will be mitigated and accounted for.

27 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I'm just surprised at the effectiveness of fear. In some ways it produces ingenuity, in others it seems to produce the desired effect of unquestioning compliance. One thing that's struck me about the society we live in since this has emerged is how dependent we are on so many essential external "things" that are ultimately out of our control. That's a recipe for disaster, and it's a real eye opener. If there is a recovery from this and a return to the normalcy we once knew, I know I'll be actively preparing for the next time something like happens, because I can guarantee when it does happen again, it will be much more intense and fast moving. You just know that there's a department of behavioural scientists sitting in an office somewhere in GCHQ making notes for the past few weeks on every facet of the public's reaction to this. Next time, the issues that are now proving to be difficult to control or contain will be mitigated and accounted for.

The funny thing is the guy across my road only just a couple of months before the whole coronvirus happaned. Stock piled on toliet paper and all the essentials. I asked him why he was bulk buying.  He said it was because of brexit and said there will be shortages if the economy goes down the pan. At the time I laughed and thought he was over reacting. Turns out his bulk buying came in handy not due to the brexit but because of coronavirus.

I need to pop round his house next time I see him to borrow some toliet paper. he's got a room full of it.lol

But I have not seen his face since the coronavirus. Looks like he is gone in to hiding or qaurantine.  He is a ex teacher and quite elderely so he probably has experience of these kind of things.  ie from his parents in the war. rationing.

6 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

The funny thing is the guy across my road only just a couple of months before the whole coronvirus happaned. Stock piled on toliet paper and all the essentials. I asked him why he was bulk buying.  He said it was because of brexit and said there will be shortages if the economy goes down the pan. At the time I laughed and thought he was over reacting. Turns out his bulk buying came in handy not due to the brexit but because of coronavirus.

I need to pop round his house next time I see him to borrow some toliet paper. he's got a room full of it.lol

But I have not seen his face since the coronavirus. Looks like he is gone in to hiding or qaurantine.  He is a ex teacher and quite elderely so he probably has experience of these kind of things.  ie from his parents in the war. rationing.

I wasn't necessarily refering exclusively to stockpiling (done responsibly in times of "plenty" it's not a bad idea), but it's certainly one small part of it. Even now I'm planning for the possibility of civil unrest; criminals on the streets breaking into people's homes to steal supplies, etc. It's probably unlikely but not entirely impossible. I was thinking of fitting shutters to protect my doors and windows, and buying a generator as a worse case scenario, too. It may seem overkill, but you just don't know. If I had an excess of money, which I don't at the moment because I was in the middle of doing up my house, I'd have seriously considered building something underground, but that's verging on zombie apocalypse, lmao. ? I would never wait for an official government agency for advice or the go-ahead. We need to understand they don't give a flip about us despite their words. Protect and provide for your family and your home, because 999 just isn't going to cut it when things go pear shaped.

8 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

There certainly will be those who are looking to see how people behave in these times of crisis. 

We depend too much on the government and they are not always the most efficient. 

So what are people left to do but take things into their own hands. 

10 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

LOL. Now I am feeling what if this entire global pandemic was just a test run by china to assess how dependent everyone's a** is on them. 

BTW, I also heard that during the pandemic when entire global economy and order is shaken, chinese have brought in treasuries of many smaller countries at a throw away price, thus indirectly enslaving them . And they also brought in many foreign companies for cheaper prices, effectively making things much more sino-centric. Is this true ?