punjabi Hindus speaking bad about bhappaa girls!

shastarSingh

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

I forgot about them. I guess they've transitioned to full-blown monis in the modern age. "Punjabi Beauty Parlour Attendees." ? They left their male counterparts up the creek without a paddle.

Typically a long guth chunni was vegetarian, teetotal and knew paath of by heart.

What this meant was that this type of girl could marry an Amritdhari  (even though she may not be Amritdhari, making her Amritdhari is no problem), a keshdhari or even a Mona. 

They could straddle across all three types of males mentioned here. 

It seems that compatabilities have become more rigid. 

Blame the mothers for this, there's no other way of putting it. Mothers themselves sexualise their daughters by taking them to the beauty parlors from the age of 11,12,13. They start getting their hair, nails and makeup done even before they become teens. Our relative started taking her daughter to the beauty parlor when she turned 12. By the time she was 14 she was trouble and out of control, and then her mother was weeping at our front door wondering why its all gone wrong. "we did this for her, we did that for her, why is she doing this to us, we thought when kids get older then we have less to worry about"  bla bla bla    well maybe you shouldn't have started getting your daughters hair and nails done and dressing her like an adult when she was 12, you stupid cow. 

dumb parents.

That was in those days, now Punjabi women take their primary school aged daughters to the beauty parlors. 

I don't see dads dragging their daughters to the beauty parlor, its the mums. 

Fact is a lot of women see their daughters as accessories, especially at parties. 

• 11 months later...
On 2/3/2021 at 10:19 AM, californiasardar1 said:

It's hard not to let resentment consume me.

All I want is the most basic thing: to get married and have a family, and to be able to raise that family (as proper Sikhs) in a community/environment that can accept and support them for who they are. But that is not possible when the "community" that you come from is on the path to extinction.

Every child is born into a family and virtually every child grows up assuming that, just like their parents, they too will one day have a family. Accepting that that will probably not happen is a tough pill to swallow.

On the other hand, there is a bright side: I won't have to worry about a wife who doesn't want to raise kids as Sikhs, or worry about having children who decide to cut their hair, or worry about having children who decide not to cut their hair but then deal with all sorts of problems trying to fit in and establish themselves.

Despite my bitterness, I still believe that things happen for a reason. This must be for the best.

Either there is something extremely wrong with you or you have really high standards if you can’t find a wife. How old are you?