Domestic and sexual abuse of silenced Sikh women revealed

Niara

24 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Islam is based on Arab tribalism, it is based on having an enemy. You create and alliances amongst groups by having an enemy. This is where the loyalty comes from. When there are no external enemies they turn on each other. 

Muslims will always back another muslim  (even though they may know they are wrong ) because of the tribal loyalty.

Sikh on the other hand will go against another Sikh for a non-Sikh because we do not have an us v them mentality. Our priority is based on going by what is true (or what they would think is truth ). Our scriptures are very different from the Quranic scripture because we have bhagats of different backgrounds in our Guru Granth Sahib that are in line with Sikhi. 

What this means is that if Bhagat or Pir also have elements of truth and this transfers into our dealings with people of other faiths.

Spirituality (as prescribed in the dharmic traditions at least) while a lofty pursuit and something to aspire to for those that way inclined, can genuinely disadvantage and in some cases seriously damage a person's well-being in the arena of day-to-day life where sentimentality and "goodness" is a hindrance in a society or a world that doesn't abide by higher ideals.

The real danger is when you allay your instincts by following an ethos such as: "I'll plough on with this noble approach to life even if it causes me to suffer in the physical realm because God will reward me with His eternal favour in the divine realm."  I've known many Sikhs, particularly younger ones who've been cajoled into his mindset, who've had their lives negatively impacted (to put it mildly) because they were lead to believe that even self-preservation expressed through the slightest move towards self-interest is an affront to God.

16 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The concept of seva can be taken to it's extreme means taking selflessness in every aspect of your life. Putting your self last is seen as a noble act.

However, extreme selflessness can be one of the worst form selfishness because you are doing selflessness for a reward and it is not really for altruistic reasons.

If your satisfy your needs first and you are santokhi then any form of seva you are doing you are not expecting anything back in return. The altruism will be more genuine.

How can you help others when you cannot even help yourself first?

All about balance. All about doing both. But you can only give everything once and that's reserved for Sikhi. 

I've been driving door dash a bit lately. It's interesting poor people, when they order food include a tip, because in their mind if they have enough to splurge and get something delivered this once they can afford to tip. And all the people from them up to the truly very wealthy don't seem to feel rich enough to tip yet. They're too busy forever chasing it. I guess the poor person is in many ways more wealthy, even in their mind. 

Sometimes those poorer orders are really small dude. Like they could have doubled their food if they didn't tip. 

I'll drop off an entire car load of groceries to a huge house and not get a dime dude. 

Be careful you remember you always have enough, always have enough to share. 

The translation of the Gurbani is the "Guru's Sikh always has enough, always enough to share" I can't find it right this second.