Domestic and sexual abuse of silenced Sikh women revealed

Niara

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I was raised on stories of 1984 and my family was irish catholic at the time. Certainly help formed my resolve. 

I grew up around Irish (and plastic Paddies) in a local pub and work. A lot of them (the older ones anyway) were always very curious and shockingly well informed about 1984 for some reason? More than many Panjabis I've known. Irish seem very politically astute in this respect for some reason?  

11 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

wow that is interesting to know. The parallel Amritsar Singh Sabha is demonised for being Sanatan, casteist, "old guard" and for having Baba Khem Singh Bedi. This seems to bring the Lahore Singh Sabha down a notch due its self righteous stance and of course alignments with the corrupt scholars.

The problem with the Amritsar Singh Sabha was that they put Mr.Bedi on an equal platform with Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. 

On 12/15/2021 at 1:50 PM, Premi5 said:

If Sikhs were 'targetted' in the media like Muslims have been , do you think this would create greater sense of identity ?

I'm not sure. I think for some intrinsically stubborn people maybe, but many would probably crap themselves and follow some cowardly 'if you can't beat them - join them' type bewakoofi. 

Plus some of us already think that the media has been subtly targeting Sikhs for a while now. 

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Been thinking of watching that over christmas. Just one question bro, did it have songs in it?

no I don't remember any songs, it's a really serious and gritty movie! 

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

The problem with the Amritsar Singh Sabha was that they put Mr.Bedi on an equal platform with Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. 

I do understand that descendants of Bedis and Sodhis are seen in a similar way to Sants, however they should never be equal to Guru Granth Sahib!

On 12/16/2021 at 4:15 PM, dallysingh101 said:

Thank Waheguru!! I'm really thankful that we don't have someone like this playing Udham Singh, with silly dance routines inserted throughout.

Happy Birthday Diljit Dosanjh: Hilarious social media posts that prove the  star's sense of humour is on point | PINKVILLA

It's definitely on my list to watch over the next few weeks. 

I mean his role in Punjab 1984 was wasn't bad, he was able to get serious for the parts required. He would still be able to manage playing this role if he had to.

On 12/15/2021 at 8:03 AM, proudkaur21 said:

100% . my parents were the typical indian urban sikh family who taught me nothing about sikhi. I didnt even know about 1984 until i was 14 years old. But when i came to canada, joined twitter and started researching about what happened to our people and how we have been robbed of our beautiful heritage land and culture and seeing how sikhs are being constantly attacked in india i became so much stronger in my sikhi. Like when you know that you are attacked for a particular thing that you possess you become more attached to it. You wont believe i used to be the same dil saaf type of person that i vehemently resent now. These dil saaf peoples eyes havent been opened yet to what they are being robbed off which is why they bark all this nonsense 24/7. Unfortunately the sikhs in india dont know yet what they are being robbed off which is why they behave this way.

This is story of all Indians living in India. They are not aware of the truth. History is getting washed away on top of that.

16 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Thank Waheguru!! I'm really thankful that we don't have someone like this playing Udham Singh, with silly dance routines inserted throughout.

Happy Birthday Diljit Dosanjh: Hilarious social media posts that prove the  star's sense of humour is on point | PINKVILLA

It's definitely on my list to watch over the next few weeks. 

Call it a personal preference or whatever, but Dumalla is a crown. That should be worn by people worthy of it, who have their other Kakkars...like Kesh.