Do these beauty contests degrade women?

shastarSingh

On 1/2/2022 at 5:32 AM, dallysingh101 said:

Look sis. The government and police (!!) here helped cover up the grooming of Sikh girls for decades (and still are!), that should give you an idea of what we've been dealing with. 

Couple that with how apnay seem to live in denial a lot of the time.....

Have some respect for the brothers and sisters who didn't lay down like sheep in the face of this.

And I'm just saying be wary of that tendency of many apnay to ignore or be oblivious to stuff.   

Have you read the RASE report? If not, you should.  

Yes I’m aware of the authorities role in failing to address grooming issues and instead labelling Sikhs as “extremists” for wanting to protect underaged girls. The British media also wants to label groomers as “Asian” instead of what they really are. 

1 hour ago, 5aaban said:

I always considered it difficult for UK Sikhs to live in a country which took away Khalsa Raj and is involved in anti-Sikh activities.  A positive takeaway from UK diaspora is the establishment of good Sikh organisations like Basics of Sikhi and Sikh Youth UK. 

Australia is sort of a 'UK-lite' with better weather and more racism...most of the 'Anglos' there have a strong 'love-hate' relationship with the UK (I reckon mostly love if they had to choose)

" it difficult for UK Sikhs to live in a country which took away Khalsa Raj and is involved in anti-Sikh activities."

I don't think most Panjabis or Sikhs really have that in mind on a daily basis. I sort of have now, after spending a lot of time here, but I think if you ask the average person on the street, they would have to think hard for those thoughts to come up. Some probably don't even know that much about the 'Sikh Empire' - I am not even sure I would call it 'Khalsa Raaj' but then some on here would maybe disagree. And others would not know how it was brought down by the British

3 hours ago, 5aaban said:

A positive takeaway from UK diaspora is the establishment of good Sikh organisations like Basics of Sikhi and Sikh Youth UK. 

UK Sikhs have also put out lots of quality books on Sikh history too in the last few decades, more than anyone else. Panjab has come through too with translations of important texts like Panth Prakash and Sainapati's Sri Gursobha, and stuff like translating Mahan Kosh.  

On 1/2/2022 at 7:01 AM, Premi5 said:

Australia is sort of a 'UK-lite' with better weather and more racism...most of the 'Anglos' there have a strong 'love-hate' relationship with the UK (I reckon mostly love if they had to choose)

" it difficult for UK Sikhs to live in a country which took away Khalsa Raj and is involved in anti-Sikh activities."

I don't think most Panjabis or Sikhs really have that in mind on a daily basis. I sort of have now, after spending a lot of time here, but I think if you ask the average person on the street, they would have to think hard for those thoughts to come up. Some probably don't even know that much about the 'Sikh Empire' - I am not even sure I would call it 'Khalsa Raaj' but then some on here would maybe disagree. And others would not know how it was brought down by the British

I disagree with the more racism statement although the weather is better. I know Australia has the "racist" stereotype but its exaggerated. The "Anglos" (white people of British origins) in Australia don't think about the UK, to them it's just another place, some also want Australia to become a republic by leaving the commonwealth. 

2 hours ago, 5aaban said:

I disagree with the more racism statement although the weather is better. I know Australia has the "racist" stereotype but its exaggerated, racism here is the same as  any other western country (Canada, UK), it's not more. The "Anglos" (white people of British origins) in Australia don't think about the UK, to them it's just another place, some also want Australia to become a republic by leaving the commonwealth. 

Knowing whites, they are less likely to show their racism in front of females because they like to put up a façade of civility. But between blokes, when no broads are around, we get to see them for what they are really like. That's why you get women all confused about this. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Knowing whites, they are less likely to show their racism in front of females because they like to put up a façade of civility. But between blokes, when no broads are around, we get to see them for what they are really like. That's why you get women all confused about this. 

For real bro. Because of my skin tone I've had a number of people feel safe to say certain things, or test the waters with me, and I've run into enough of it in the military etc, and grew up around enough of it to know exactly how real it is. I won't even tell you some jokes I heard as a young boy, I've tried to forget them but you can't dude.

On 12/31/2021 at 11:19 PM, 5aaban said:

The image of Muslim females on this forum is far too "innocent". Many Muslimahs these days engage in haram activities behind their families backs, even when wearing a Hijab. These are quickly swept under the carpet by their communities. 

lets be real stereotypes exist for a reason. the stereotype of Muslim women is they wont respond to ppl men chasing them,and even if they do their families will kill you. others see Punjabi women are known to be approachable and potential for dating and they dont have to worry about her brothers uncles coming for them.

On 1/1/2022 at 6:03 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

Are people still moving more towards Punjabi culture over Sikhi now over there?

Let me try and answer that again now I've had a ponder over it. 

I think it was starting to go the right way here (towards Sikhi) but I think having more and more freshies immigrating is likely pushing it back to bhangra-centric penduism.  

These contests are seen as a joke in developed countries. They require little to no talent to win.

I have noticed that Indians and people from other less developed Asian countries are very superficial and that's why these shows are popular there.

They even have a Mr Punjab contest on PTC for godsake.

You have barber shops in Southall with men getting their eyebrows done in full public view. No self respecting man would have such a thing done especially publicly.

10 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

These contests are seen as a joke in developed countries. They require little to no talent to win.

I have noticed that Indians and people from other less developed Asian countries are very superficial and that's why these shows are popular there.

They even have a Mr Punjab contest on PTC for godsake.

You have barber shops in Southall with men getting their eyebrows done in full public view. No self respecting man would have such a thing done especially publicly.

Most of the Mr. Punjab winners just look like every other Punjabi guy.